IGNORED

Army of Darkness (Atari 2600) Release

Due to the request resulting from the posting of the Army of Darkness autograph cartridges, Army Of Darkness will have a very LIMITED release this Summer for the Atari 2600. This is an altered version of sc07's unreleased game BiFrost. You can get more information on the game here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/182678-army-of-darkness-atari-2600/

I am going to try to release Army of Darkness in a few different versions. There will be a normal version which will include a standard box, cartridge and manual. And three different Premium Art Box versions will will include a limited box design, cartridge, manual and any extra items I can come up with over the next month. Here is a sneak peek at the art boxes:

post-3832-0-92502800-1307145004_thumb.jpg

The art boxes are all WIP and may change.

The contents of the Premium versions is still being worked on.

So Far:

Limited Edition Art Box (3 styles)

Army of Darkness Cartridge

Instruction Manual

Army of Darkness DVD (New) Probable

Exclusive Art Prints

8x10 Bruce Campbell Autograph (Copy)

Mini Movie Poster

An actual Bruce Campbell autographed picture would be $75 or more by itself so that is out. I could include actual autographed pictures of the women from the Evil Dead movies. Would that be acceptable as an extra for Army of Darkness? Here are the photos I could include signed:

post-3832-0-90552500-1307146450_thumb.jpg post-3832-0-79652700-1307146453_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-75655800-1307146456_thumb.jpg post-3832-0-71445900-1307146460_thumb.jpg

These would be randomly included 1 per game. I am also trying to work out a deal with Timothy Quill (Blacksmith) and others from Army of Darkness to include signed pictures.

How Limited should the art boxes be? (10,15,20)

Anyone that is interested in the release please comment.

Edited by neotokeo2001
  • Like 2

Count me in as well, I'd be down for the premium art edition and would love the necronomicon edition you're showing above. Honestly I'd also be down for a Bruce Campbell signed edition as a 'super premium' too, for those of us willing to pay a bit extra. Thanks!

• Like 1

Hey! I am an Evil Dead collector and I came across this. I saw this advertised at evildeadnews.com I am interested in a premium edition. I just joined the forum for this.

Welcome to AtariAge. There are no set dates or prices yet. I am only in the beginning process of getting the game ready for release. It will be released sometime in the Summer (July/August). Just follow this topic and you will know the latest on what is going on. If anyone in the Evil Dead community has any ideas for some cool extras please share them here. AtariAge will be the only place the game will be available and only a limited number will be offered.

Just wanted to mention that Timothy Quill has agreed to sign a special autograph card that will only be available in the premium versions of the game. Just have to work out the details. Anyone that has viewed Army of Darkness is sure to remember Timothy's portrayal of the Blacksmith.

post-3832-0-01029300-1307403885_thumb.jpg

Timothy is in the center of the photo.

Very interested in a Premium Edition when the time comes. Evil Dead scared the crap out of me as a kid and brought me lots of laughter and joy as an adult. Thanks!

In regards to how many limited sets you should produce? I can easily imagine all of them selling in a flash.

Edited by toptenmaterial

Very interested in a Premium Edition when the time comes. Evil Dead scared the crap out of me as a kid and brought me lots of laughter and joy as an adult. Thanks!

In regards to how many limited sets you should produce? I can easily imagine all of them selling in a flash.

Right now I was thinking of 10 copies of each art box for a total of 30 Premium Editions and 20 Standard Editions. Those numbers may change but probably not much on the Premium side. I am working to get the extras for the Premium Editions set up such as the DVD's and Autograph cards and they are limited to a set amount. The Standard Edition is not tied to the extras so that number can rise easily if demand is there. All of my releases are limited to a set amount, When they are gone then that is it.