IGNORED

atari cx50 joystick

ac.tomo

if you are handy with a soldering iron, a XBOX controller can have the dpad, and x button wired to a DB-9F and used, and the controller still works as usual, after you put a regular USB cable on it...

if you need instructions, i can pull mine out and take some pics...

sloopy.

There's also the Genesis/SMS/Atari to USB Adapter from Raphnet Technologies.

It's available as a complete interface, as a kit (assembled board actually), or a total DIY.

Thankyou for all the posts i received they were very helpful, again thankyou very much for all your help.

ac.tomo - i have a cx50 joystick for pc on it's way! wow, now i can play more games better than i can with any of these modern joypads!

if you are handy with a soldering iron, a XBOX controller can have the dpad, and x button wired to a DB-9F and used, and the controller still works as usual, after you put a regular USB cable on it...

if you need instructions, i can pull mine out and take some pics...

sloopy.

yes please, I have been meaning to do this for a long time

re puppetmark's suggestion - yes if you have an older PC with a parallel port you can use the ppjoy driver (WXP anyway) and plug in any atari joystick details here (I have the driver if required) :)

p.s. yes sloopy re xbox controller :cool:

I stopped using Windows years ago and even then I was still hanging on with Windows 98SE. Prior to that time I had an ATAJOY interface for (application???) but the driver was a bear. Deon Van Der Westhuyse's PPJOY driver saved the day. ATAJOY's pinouts were different than another similar interface (LPTJOY?) but Deon's driver was adaptable.

Apparently Deon no longer has a website but he's still maintaining PPJOY. Read about this and get the Windows 7 driver here.

Read Deon's ppjoy blog here.

The text of Deon's old webpage can be found on waybackmachine.org here.

If you need the driver for Win 2K/9x I found it here.

I wonder where my ATAJOY interface is hiding. I need to see if I can get it to work with Atari800. I had problems with the axes when I first tried but that was a few years ago. Maybe I know enough to remedy that (or not :ponder:) now.

-Steve