IGNORED

Pinballz Arcade in Austin

8bitgamer

I just got home from a family vacation to Austin, Texas. We had a great time on the trip, which was capped off with a visit to Pinballz, managed by Albert, head honcho of AtariAge. Pinballz is a first class arcade all the way. Definitely a destination spot. It was great seeing Albert again (we met previously at CGE), and there were tons of great pinball machines and arcade cabs. I just wish I would've had time to stay for the Tron pinball tournament.

For more info, check out:

http://www.pinballzarcade.com/

Isn't it great? I go there almost every weekend. You walk in and see pinball tables filling the room, classic video games like Tempest, Gauntlet, Tron.... and then you notice the second level of forty more tables & various games.

I've been playing a lot of Black Rose, WWF Royal Rumble, Pin-Bot, and the wife plays Medieval Madness, Gorgar, and Starship Troopers.

Place rocks. Anybody who can go, should go. Oh yeah, and it's BYOB w/ cupholders on every machine.

Went again this past weekend. They'd totally re-arranged all the machines, and I like the new layout. Took a while to find stuff at first, but they're now grouped by theme so it all makes sense.

They've now got a row of 5-6 older machines (Mata-Hari and the like), two rows of 5-6 each movie-themed tables, a row of sci-fi themed tables, a row of fantasy tables, two rows of driving/flying themed tables, a row of horror themed tables... it goes on & on and of course that's only half of it.

ps: Albert! If you're reading this, turn up the volume on the Royal Rumble! I can't hear the Macho Man's "Ooooh Yeaahuhh, Multiball!"

• 2 months later...

Wow I missed this news. Very cool!

Been so long since I've been in a real video game arcade, I can't remember the last time.

I think that is awesome Albert opened one.

Who wouldn't want to run their own arcade! :cool: :thumbsup:

How's the business going so far?