IGNORED

[FOR SALE] Some of my first ColecoVision homebrew games - tiny deadline

newcoleco

My Introduction : My name is Daniel Bienvenu and I've done some ColecoVision games since the year 1999, and published a bunch of them with the help of John Dondzila, Sean Kelly, and many others. I've also published ColecoVision games by myself like Jeepers Creepers (2007) and Bejeweled (2002).

ITEM #1 : ColecoVision Bejeweled prototype (complete in box). This game cartridge with box looks like any other Coleco Bejeweled copies I've released back then, but the rom version inside is different... the major difference is : game starts by not showing my pixelized face as a splash screen. I've written "prototype no face" on the label to identify the cartridge. I've received an offer of $200 on Youtube for this item.

ITEM #2 : ColecoVision Double Breakout (aka Deflektor Kollection, complete in box). The first ColecoVision homebrew game the need specificaly a steering wheel (to play like a giant paddle), a roller controller, or even 2 steering wheel (to play the pong-like game). Standard and SuperAction controllers won't work, and don't expect paddles for the Atari2600 to work on the ColecoVision for this game. The story behind this release is that Atari was about to sue AtariAge for selling games that uses their brands (including Breakout) so a rename operation was done and now Double Breakout is available as Deflektor Kollection in AtariAge store... but here I'm selling the version before rename process.

ITEM #3 : [mistake] DACMAN INSIDE (cartridge only). It's a Bustin-Out cartridge (not for minor) that contains instead a DACMAN v1.3 rom inside. This mistake was done by John Dondzila back then when I've asked him to make a batch of each game, and somehow he puts the wrong label on this cartridge. To identify this cartridge, I've written the words "DACMAN INSIDE" in the back of this cartridge. For those who never had the chance to get a DACMAN cartridge, consider this as your opportunity to do so.

ITEM #4 : DACMAN v1.0 (pre-release, complete in box). This is the game version released at the CGE2K with a bug in it that prevent to complet a level if DACMAN eat a ghost by mistake and kills him. The "dot counter" routine isn't updated to consider the dot behind the ghost, making the game think there is a missing dot somewhere DACMAN should be able to find when there is none. Even if testers played the game with emulators during days, no one find out this bug before the official release. When I've discovered the bug while John Dondzila was going to the CGE2K, I've started coding to fix the bug but too late for the CG2K releases. So about 8-10 copies exists as DACMAN v1.0

All these 4 items are my last copies of all these games... games that I've programmed myself back then as my first ColecoVision homebrew games. It's heart breaking to have to sell them in order to solve the money issue I'm facing at the moment, but I'll be more than happy to not know that someone else will take care of them. For ITEM #4, I'm expecting a huge amount of dollars for it considering that it's my first ever ColecoVision homebrew game released in cartridge format and my oldest Coleco homebrew game in my entire collection, a game that I should keep because it's more than a game to me, it's what encouraged me to make all my Coleco projects after.

Please note that I accept only Paypal, your offer should be in american money even if you are canadian, and you'll have to accept to pay a little more for the shipping cost of course.

DEADLINE - You've 12 hours starting from now to make an offer for any of these games. so if you're reading this topic after the 12 hours, consider that you miss the opportunity. Every offer should be done right here as a reply to this message, so everyone can see how much you bid, how high are the best offers. And finaly, I'm the last judge and if I consider it's not enough I will not sell the games... it's up to you now, show me your reactions.

COMMENTS - Please write comments at this other thread to keep this topic only for making offers. Thanks in advance.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/183465-your-last-chance-to-get-some-of-my-first-cv-games/

Edited by newcoleco

ITEM #2 : ColecoVision Double Breakout (aka Deflektor Kollection, complete in box). The first ColecoVision homebrew game the need specificaly a steering wheel (to play like a giant paddle), a roller controller, or even 2 steering wheel (to play the pong-like game). Standard and SuperAction controllers won't work, and don't expect paddles for the Atari2600 to work on the ColecoVision for this game. The story behind this release is that Atari was about to sue AtariAge for selling games that uses their brands (including Breakout) so a rename operation was done and now Double Breakout is available as Deflektor Kollection in AtariAge store... but here I'm selling the version before rename process.

40$ (+ Shipping cost)

I'm the last judge and if I consider it's not enough I will not sell the games... it's up to you now, show me your reactions.

So why don't you post minimum price you want for them? ... let's say a starting bid

:)

I think people here, and mostly those involved in the ColecoVision homebrew scene, can make somehow by instinct good offers... they don't need a minimum price.

Please, write comments at this other thread to keep this one clean.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/183465-your-last-chance-to-get-some-of-my-first-cv-games/

Ok, in order to give a chance to those who was sleeping I'm reading every messages here and in my mailbox even if I said not to do so. I'll write to each one of you personaly and proceed if we have a deal.

I have to tell you that actually Canada Post is not really working and I'm in Canada so it will be each one personal decision regarding the service I should use to ship these games to you (UPS or whatever else).

Thank you all for your support, I proceed now writing personal messages in private... so be patient please if you don't get news right at this minute you are reading this message.

THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED - THANK YOU