IGNORED

My Atari Craiglist Find of the..., well maybe ever!

SRGilbert

Usually I'd post my finds in the Thrift Finds thread, but I think this is worth a little extra bragging! Saw a Craigslist post for a garage sale that had "3 Atari games systems, one new in box." Since I have to work tomorrow, I sent them an email asking if they would let me check it out tonight. To my suprise, the lady called me and said sure!

So I get there, and for the most part, it's what you might expect with some nice extras. A heavy-sixer, a four switch woody, bunch of games, most with manuals, couple of boxed games (including Jedi Arena!). Couple of boxed Wico ball top sticks and extension cords, blah, blah, blah. Truthfully, on a normal day, I'd be thrilled to just get that!

Then I see IT. Turns out the "new in box" one is a PROMOTIONAL ONLY - NOT FOR SALE 4-switch 2600, and it's SEALED! :lust: As far as I can tell, it's the real deal, and has really truely never been opened. The box is in fantastic shape too. :D

Soooo....then I ask about price for everything. She also had an INTV set (nice really, but I don't collect or sell INTV stuff) and says, "Well, I was thinking $50 for each system, or $200 for everything."

So I ended up getting all the Atari stuff she had for, drum roll......................$150.00

I wasn't even going to try to haggle at that point. :ponder:

Not sure what the fate of the sealed set will be yet. I have to honest, I want to open it sooooo bad it hurts! Anyone care to estimate what the going rate on such a thing would be these days? I can't find much recent on Ebay that would help.

post-12780-0-32600100-1308272745_thumb.jpg

post-12780-0-57629100-1308272757_thumb.jpg

post-12780-0-89399200-1308272767_thumb.jpg

post-12780-0-16217800-1308272778_thumb.jpg

post-12780-0-78311800-1308272784_thumb.jpg

post-12780-0-42505400-1308272793_thumb.jpg

When are you going to sell it, is the real question? I'd be tempted to get VGA to encapsulate it honestly (but then wouldn't because of the cost).

AX

Geeze, I have no idea really. I'm not a "sealed box" kind of guy normally, but this was too good to pass up. It would have to be a pretty offer, I will say that!

I sold a promo system with box, both in mint condition a while back on Ebay for $99 plus shipping. It was not sealed, but it sure had never been used with everything intact.

I have seen a few recently go for anywhere between $50-$100, again not sealed. You never know what it could bring. It depends on the day and who is on. I have been seeing regular systems sell without a box and in well used conditions for over $100-150.

Just amazing