IGNORED

SIDE next HDD for Atari 8 bit preorder

zaxon

Does anyone have his LL to give him a shout? That would be the last resort. Or at least TxT him on a cell phone.

I'm at a loss but the last thing we need to do is get the Cops involved.

This guy did spend a lot of time on this and did send some out to quite a few guys.

My guess is, he stopped sending SIDEs when he started losing money and stopped communicating with you guys cause he doesn't know what to say....

He's just an irresponsible fuktard..

There are plenty of people on here that would have helped him financially if that was all that was holding up the project..

Bottom line.. If you refuse to provide COMMUNICATION with people who have spent their money with you (and to whom you owe products,) then there is no excuse for this.. And the language barrier is no excuse either. He could email Candle (or any of the other polish users on here who speak english just fine) and have them post on his behalf.. But he wont even do that..

If anyone else spends ANY money with this guy, then they deserve what they get.,

Atari8warez, funny things is : People read your comments and waste own time to do it . Can you made refund for it? Time is money and your comments is useless like always.

Anyway 21,09 GMT time, 20 SIDE tested triple and boxed,Ready to go,.Tommorow raport from post office. Regards, Zaxon.

In mentime i need to take care about my divorce so few days delays is posibble but not long.

Atari8warez, funny things is : People read your comments and waste own time to do it . Can you made refund for it? Time is money and your comments is useless like always.

Anyway 21,09 GMT time, 20 SIDE tested triple and boxed,Ready to go,.Tommorow raport from post office. Regards, Zaxon.

In mentime i need to take care about my divorce so few days delays is posibble but not long.

Zaxon I am not the only one who comments on this and my comments are not as harsh as some of the others, but I have a feeling that somehow these comments get you moving. Anyway, if you choose to pick me for replies that's fine with me... people are finally getting what they paid for.. and that's what really matters. (I think you should pay them interest on their investment as it's been more than a year for many of them since they paid you. ;) )

Edited by atari8warez

(I think you should pay them interest on their investment as it's been more than a year for many of them since they paid you. ;) )

I don't care about the interest, I just hope I receive the second one that I have paid for. :thumbsup: :)

Zaxxon, am I on your list to get one?

GO, ZAXON! I know it has been a long time to send out the orders, but YOU DID IT and YOU ARE DOING IT and I am very glad to see this.

There are not many people who can make small market Atari devices like you, so I am still glad. I am more glad to see you take care of these customers, no matter how late it is. You are showing integrity. It has been a long time since orders, but thank you for finally getting to it.

Now make more Ultrasatan devices, because people always ask and Jookie doesn't care anymore so it must be up to you. But include "busy" light.

Good job for you to send out more SIDEs, and to post. People are glad that you did.

I think when all's said and done, this isn't going to be the longest shipping delay or poor communication saga in the business. I'm glad to see that Zaxon is ready to fulfil his obligations in the face of apparent personal problems, for which it seems he's getting little sympathy (but then again, he probably doesn't expect any, not having gone into much detail). Nevertheless it appears some people choose to take mitigating circumstances at face value in one instance, and choose to ignore them in another. As for the "harsh" comments which get Zaxon moving: I don't think it's the harshness which was in question; rather the superfluousness of the observations (or speculations), which I doubt in themselves have any motivational value whatsoever (the suggestion of paying interest on late-shipping items included).

• Like 2

I think when all's said and done, this isn't going to be the longest shipping delay or poor communication saga in the business. I'm glad to see that Zaxon is ready to fulfil his obligations in the face of apparent personal problems, for which it seems he's getting little sympathy (but then again, he probably doesn't expect any, not having gone into much detail). Nevertheless it appears some people choose to take mitigating circumstances at face value in one instance, and choose to ignore them in another. As for the "harsh" comments which get Zaxon moving: I don't think it's the harshness which was in question; rather the superfluousness of the observations (or speculations), which I doubt in themselves have any motivational value whatsoever (the suggestion of paying interest on late-shipping items included).

FJK, you've really gotta stop taking every word at face value, and I'll leave it at that.

Also, i don't think it's the "harsh" words that's getting Zaxon to move, but rather comments in general made during the life of this thread. There are variety of things that could get someone motivated, including but not limited to praise, critisizm, and even anger at times. It's no coincidence that Zaxon responds when there are some comments made. Bumps to the thread alone didn't seem to do the intended effect, but continues comments do (thanks to the Atariage "Follow this thread" function). Zaxon even though wasn't logging-in, was still able to follow the thread through email and when things get heated he responded as usual.

As for the personal problems Zaxon may be (or is) experiencing... well everybody has them but these are no continued excuses for not fulfilling one's obligations, that may be a "harsh" reality of life but it's life nonetheless. We all face them and yet we still fulfill our obligations (well at least people with a sense of responsibility among us do)....

Edited by atari8warez

Zaxon,

Could you at least say who the 20 are that you are sending out the carts to so the rest of us are not setting here waiting for nothing. You say your sending 20 but we don't know if we are including in the 20. Get my drift!!!!

Look a little earlier in the thread ...

Side posted today to: Sloopy (2 units), COBRAIP, and Fandennivoldsk (SIDE,rom for divide + new gals), rest i post on the evening and tommorow. Tracking numbers on prv.

As for the personal problems Zaxon may be (or is) experiencing... well everybody has them but these are no continued excuses for not fulfilling one's obligations, that may be a "harsh" reality of life but it's life nonetheless. We all face them and yet we still fulfill our obligations (well at least people with a sense of responsibility among us do)....

Hmm, interesting. Surely it depends on what the circumstances are ? I can think of a few scenarios off hand that might qualify as 'show stoppers'. Not defending the man or this ongoing situation, just saying. Personally, and again not defending Zaxon, but you're the one who sounds 'harsh' here. Are you even an interested party, are you waiting for a SIDE?

Hmm, interesting. Surely it depends on what the circumstances are ? I can think of a few scenarios off hand that might qualify as 'show stoppers'. Not defending the man or this ongoing situation, just saying. Personally, and again not defending Zaxon, but you're the one who sounds 'harsh' here. Are you even an interested party, are you waiting for a SIDE?

I've gotta say that you are wrong about me being the "harshest". I didn't call him a "fuktard", or "thief", I am simply saying that no matter his circumstances are, he at least has to show some signs of responsibility, give people who are still waiting for their SIDE a realistic timeline and stick with it, don't promise something that you can not or will not do. That's called integrity and it is not dependent on circumstances, it's in the character of the person in question.

And a person with integrity will fulfill his promises unless he's dead, terminally sick, or completely disabled. These are not harsh statements, they are the moral values which unfortunately seem to be disappearing from the face of the earth....

Edited by atari8warez
  • Like 1

Sorry guys, Zaxon, I didn't read all the posts. Looks like mine is on the way. Can't wait to get it and try it out. Thanks for all the help and encouragement. I'm setting up an atari room in my house and will try to get my bbs running again if I can locate the software. I've still got the old 8 inch floppy drives and the mio and hd so maybe I can get it running. I'll let you know my progress.

Later

I've gotta say that you are wrong about me being the "harshest". I didn't call him a "fuktard", or "thief", I am simply saying that no matter his circumstances are, he at least has to show some signs of responsibility, give people who are still waiting for their SIDE a realistic timeline and stick with it, don't promise something that you can not or will not do. That's called integrity and it is not dependent on circumstances, it's in the character of the person in question.

No, you're right, you didn't, and I don't believe I accused you of being the 'harshest'. You did however wade in with what I felt was a pretty intolerant, inflexible and unsympathetic attitude when you're not even one of the injured parties. Thus adding unnecessary fuel to the fire.

And a person with integrity will fulfill his promises unless he's dead, terminally sick, or completely disabled. These are not harsh statements, they are the moral values which unfortunately seem to be disappearing from the face of the earth....

Well, I'm sure when Zaxon started out he fully intended to do what he promised. But you know what, sometimes life throws people a curve ball. Like I said, I can think of a few scenarios which would certainly derail me if I were doing something like that, and things other than illness, death or disability spring to mind. Communicate often, even if it's bad news, would seem to me to be the lesson.

Anyhow, I'm running the risk of derailing this thread even more and starting another argument which is the last thing this forum needs right now, so I guess we should just agree to disagree. I'm glad most folks seem to be getting what they've been waiting for eventually. The SIDE is a great device and I'm sure they'll get plenty of enjoyment from it.

Edited by spookt