IGNORED

SIDE next HDD for Atari 8 bit preorder

zaxon

I sent Zaxon some $$ yesterday to help out in sending my 2nd device. As it turns out, he refunded the shipping fee on one when I ordered two ( each separately ) as he was planning on sending both at the same time. So he would have been out of pocket and deeper in the hole if I hadn't...

Jay

Kudos to you Jay!!!

Exactly. I also believe zaxon will fill outstanding orders, it's just a question of when. With the new upgrade for the 800 coming and SIDE available from Sloopy soon, I figured I would take the refund while I still could and give zaxon one less SIDE to have to worry about.

JamesD I support your move to get your refund. Not sure the methods that Zaxon is using to validate orders without Google Wallet, and in what customer order they will be filled in. Having done some small order stuff in the past myself you must be organized administratively to keep everything straight or it can get out of whack quick.

I have a spreadsheet for each project, and it contains the orders, types, names/addresses... so even if PP closes my account for some stupid reason, I have the info...

with that said, I didnt keep up on it, and had several problems on things not being shipped... had one postage paid/printed and it got lost on my desk until a few weeks back... and finally shipped it, was returned 3 days later with other boxes i dropped off to the PO at the same time together... So I am out of $15 for it, just because I didnt keep up on 5mins of paperwork...

you dont get 'visibly' paid for doing paperwork, but it will cost you if you dont...

sloopy.

Exactly. I also believe zaxon will fill outstanding orders, it's just a question of when. With the new upgrade for the 800 coming and SIDE available from Sloopy soon, I figured I would take the refund while I still could and give zaxon one less SIDE to have to worry about.

JamesD I support your move to get your refund. Not sure the methods that Zaxon is using to validate orders without Google Wallet, and in what customer order they will be filled in. Having done some small order stuff in the past myself you must be organized administratively to keep everything straight or it can get out of whack quick.

I have a spreadsheet for each project, and it contains the orders, types, names/addresses... so even if PP closes my account for some stupid reason, I have the info...

with that said, I didnt keep up on it, and had several problems on things not being shipped... had one postage paid/printed and it got lost on my desk until a few weeks back... and finally shipped it, was returned 3 days later with other boxes i dropped off to the PO at the same time together... So I am out of $15 for it, just because I didnt keep up on 5mins of paperwork...

you dont get 'visibly' paid for doing paperwork, but it will cost you if you dont...

sloopy.

We didn't sell anything in quite this small of quantity with my company, but we printed an order/invoice whenever we received an order.

That way if there was any type of computer failure, we had a hard copy.

Whenever we shipped an order, we just included the printed invoice.

You just have to make sure you file the invoices until they are filled or you are no better off.

Ok, so I was trolling when I said that.

Well, obviously, I over-reacted. Apologies for that. Just want SIDE or a refund. I applaud your straightforwardness in this matter. Now I'm the ass. Everybody, carry on. Apologies for the vitriol.

I am currently using SanDisk Extreme III, 4GB with no problems, that speed is a bit of overkill though.

I have also used 1,2 and 4GB Kingston basic cards (the ones with a white flower on them) and a really cheap Integral 1GB i-Pro CF card.

Recieved mine today. Unfortunately I don't have a cf card to test with. I thought I did, but obviously I was mistaken. Should be able to test when my ebay purchase arrives in a few days.

Cartridge itself seems to be reasonably well put together. No rattle. Kinda cool to see thru the plastic to the components on the board. :)

Thank you Zaxon. I wish the wait hadn't been so long and contentious. :)

Recieved mine today. Unfortunately I don't have a cf card to test with. I thought I did, but obviously I was mistaken. Should be able to test when my ebay purchase arrives in a few days.

Cartridge itself seems to be reasonably well put together. No rattle. Kinda cool to see thru the plastic to the components on the board. :)

Thank you Zaxon. I wish the wait hadn't been so long and contentious. :)

Mine is showing still in USPS New York Hub, and it has been there since the 2/27. But, I glad you finally got yours Drop! We need to continue to communicate with Zaxon and encourage him to deliver everyone's SIDE.

Mike

Received my SIDE today! A very nice piece of workmanship I must say. I emailed Zaxon and thanked him for his efforts, and I also reminded him that he still has many others that are counting on him to complete their orders. I linked the Open SIDE Order List in my email as well and told him that I would be updating it regular as he delivers the SIDEs. I hope that everyone will be getting some comunication from Zaxon on shipping of their SIDEs.

Mike

I have received an email (see below) response back from Piotr (Zaxon). It seems he will be in France for the remainder of March, but states that he will be returning back to London in April where he will then post the rest of the SIDE orders. Not what everyone wanted to hear that is still waiting on a SIDE. But, at least he has a job and is working towards fulfilling the open orders. Let us continue to encourage and support someone who is doing what he can.

Mike

gallery_16380_756_112342.jpg

I have received an email (see below) response back from Piotr (Zaxon). It seems he will be in France for the remainder of March, but states that he will be returning back to London in April where he will then post the rest of the SIDE orders. Not what everyone wanted to hear that is still waiting on a SIDE. But, at least he has a job and is working towards fulfilling the open orders. Let us continue to encourage and support someone who is doing what he can.

Mike

gallery_16380_756_112342.jpg

Thanks for the update - good to see Zaxon found a good paying job too.

Mike

Thanks for the info and nice to see Zaxon have his fortune turn.

I did notice a slight corruption in the video display on the SIDE loader. I'm getting heart symbols after the first couple three letters. This is the line directly under the SIDE letters. Is this normal?

There should be no corruption in the directory entries. It seems similar to the signal instability problems I had after installing the Ultimate1Mb in my 800XL. Then with SIDE I got often no directory listing at all and if I got a directory listing it only displayed the first few entries with corrupted names (with heart symbol). It seems your Atari plays not well with the SIDE/CF combination :s

Robert

Finally got my CF card and SIDE appears to be working. :)

I did notice a slight corruption in the video display on the SIDE loader. I'm getting heart symbols after the first couple three letters. This is the line directly under the SIDE letters. Is this normal?

Which CF Card did you buy? model, speed, etc...

Jay

There should be no corruption in the directory entries. It seems similar to the signal instability problems I had after installing the Ultimate1Mb in my 800XL. Then with SIDE I got often no directory listing at all and if I got a directory listing it only displayed the first few entries with corrupted names (with heart symbol). It seems your Atari plays not well with the SIDE/CF combination :s

Robert

Strange, I have the U1MB installed in a 800xl and a 130xe and my SIDE plays well with both...

Jay