IGNORED

Top 20 Rarest CIB Intellivision Games

cmart604

With the benefit of the ebay Intellivision Roundup as a reference (which by the way has moved to the Auction Central area of the Marketplace) I thought it was time for everyone's opinions on the Intellivision's rarest 20 games CIB list. This is the twenty hardest games to find CIB of the original 125 . Some games aren't too hard to find loose, but are very hard to find CIB. We can rank/discuss the label variations, like Super Series Baseball or International CBS Turbo in another thread, let's keep this to the 125 CIB. Here are my thoughts for what they're worth. (By the way, this will eventually tie into my "post your collection" pics. :cool: )

1. Spiker - I don't think there's any debate is there?

2. Stadium Mud Buggies - seems to have passed Congo

3. Congo Bongo - Hard to find a nice box

4. Learning Fun 2 - harder than it's sister cart

5. Learning Fun 1 - both of these boxes are usually pretty rough

6. Tutankham - no US release makes this a tough find, and harder than Super Cobra for sure

7. Super Cobra - again no US release (but one that I have accumulated a nice hoard of though :cool: )

8. Fathom - used to be higher on this list, but has become easier to find for some reason

9. Body Slam Super Pro Wrestling - I debated this and Mountain Madness, pretty similiar

10. Mountain Madness - I actually found one of these in a Skiing box lot I received a few months back, and I had an extra box :love:

11. Triple Challenge - great looking box

12. World Series Baseball - the Super Series Baseball variation is the one game I want the most right now

13. Dig Dug - another great looking box, funny how often a seller lists this and Diner at the same time

14. Diner - I suspect a lot of people bought the two games at once when they came out

15. Melody Blaster - this has definitely moved up the list the last few years due to so few people buying ECS Music Synths BITD

16. Super Pro Decathlon - another of my hoarding favourites

17. Turbo - so much tougher than the other Coleco releases, that International CBS version is flat out one of my favourite INTV boxes

18. Worm Whomper - a fair bit harder to find than River Raid which is next in the Activision rarity list

19. Defender - another one I seem to accumulate, I guess because the arcade version was one of my favourite games as a kid

20. The Jetson's Way With Words - one of my favourite overlay sets

There are a few more that fall just outside this list, including Tower of Doom, Thunder Castle, Pole Position, River Raid, Hover Force amd Thin Ice, amongst others.

My opinion is certainly by no means authorative, let the debate begin! :D

• Like 4

Good job my friend. There are a couple I may switch around a little but I think you've got it pretty well covered.

Very nice!

Aaaand....? Switch away! Let me know which you think need moving. Rev is having posting challenges so he's PM'd me his list which I'll post in a bit.

Rev's version of the list (although he did suggest I could move games around...which sort of defeats the purpose of this thread :P )

1. spiker

2. Learning Fun 2

3. Learning Fun 1

4. Stadium Mud Buggies

5. Congo bongo

6. Super cobra

7. Tutankham

8. Body slam

9. Fathom

10. Mountain madness

11. Decathalon

12. Triple challenge

13. Turbo

14. Melody blaster

15. Worm whomper

16. Defender

17. River raid

18. World series baseball

19. Dig dug

20. Diner

The order is different at times, he has River Raid, where I had the Jetsons.

Your thoughts?

Diner is an iffy game since i sometimes see boxed copies go for $50-60 then a few months later they start going for $100-150.

Yah, that is one that seems to jump all over the map price-wise but I think overall is around $100

When was the last time a boxed Learning Fun I or II was on ebay? I'm kind of curious as to what they go for.

Tempest

I was hoping you might weigh in. :) The last time they were up for auction CIB was as part of a large lot a month or so ago along with Stadium Mud Buggies and Congo Bongo. On their own it's been a few months. If yours are in great shape I think you'd get $300+ for each of them.

Worm Whomper was at one point much easier to find as it was being sold NIB through a close out site (that's where I got mine). Once they ran out it became much harder to find, but there are still a lot out there. Same deal with Dracula although that one was never really rare.

Isn't WSB being sold NIB from Venezuela? I could have sworn it was at one point.

Tempest

Worm Whomper was at one point much easier to find as it was being sold NIB through a close out site (that's where I got mine). Once they ran out it became much harder to find, but there are still a lot out there. Same deal with Dracula although that one was never really rare.

Isn't WSB being sold NIB from Venezuela? I could have sworn it was at one point.

Tempest

I wish, the only Ecs games from here are: Scooby doo, Mr. Basic and Mind Strike. The first two are exclusive of one seller only. they are from a different source, not the famous warehouse.

There´s still a lot searching to do. I just get Snafu, Space Armada and Tron Deadly Discs, titles that I never find there before, so there´s hope that I can find more titles in the future.

Tempest

Worm Whomper has become the hardest Activision title to find CIB, followed by River Raid. Dreadnaught and Pitfall are both available from Venezuela at the moment I believe. I think there might have been a couple of six packs of WSB found a couple of years ago if memory serves. No Venezuelan source for that at the moment.

Here would be my take on the list:

1. Spiker: No question

2. Stadium Mud Buggies: Wasn't this the next to last release by INTV for the system?

3. Congo Bongo: Only 3rd if you are talking CIB, seems to be plenty of loose carts available

4. Learning Fun 2

5. Learning Fun 1

6. Tutankhamn : This one is really tough to find, I may even put it above the Learning Funs

7. Super Cobra

8. Fathom

9. Mountain Madness Super Pro Skiing:

10. Body Slam Super Pro Wrestling: I rank this one below MMSPS only because my experience says its easier, I have this and not MMSPS

11. Triple Challenge

12. Turbo: This one is very tough to find, especially complete. Loose copies come up from time to time, but CIB is rare

13. Super Pro Decathlon: Tough to find complete as well

14. Worm Whomper: This is another one you may have to look overseas for, more common in Europe than in USA

15. World Series: See these loose more frequently, CIB is tougher

16. Melody Blaster

17. River Raid: This one is deceptively difficult, search Ebay completed listings for this and you'll see for yourself.

18. Jetsons Way with Words: Another ECS title that is tough to find complete

19. Dig Dug: This one seems to be coming up more frequently lately.

20. Tower of Doom: Tougher to find CIB than Diner I think.

Edited by ghsqb

• 2 months later...

We could. I'm going to do a visual version of the top 20, maybe I'll make it 25. I might just do it tonight after I put my son to bed.

Please do, then maybe I can feel special since then with a bigger list I might own a couple rare games, LOL

We could. I'm going to do a visual version of the top 20, maybe I'll make it 25. I might just do it tonight after I put my son to bed.

Please do, then maybe I can feel special since then with a bigger list I might own a couple rare games, LOL

:D

But which 5 to add?

I trust Cmart to know. :thumbsup:

:D Will do. Pics hopefully late tonight from the cmart fall collection.

When does the cmart winter selection and the spring line come out?

When does the cmart winter selection and the spring line come out?

Depends on Brazil and parts of Europe. :D

I didn't realize River Raid was so difficult to find. I would have expected Beamrider to be a tougher Activision game to find CIB. I also thought some of the computer games like Mindstrike or Jetson's Way with Words would be up there.

I didn't realize River Raid was so difficult to find. I would have expected Beamrider to be a tougher Activision game to find CIB. I also thought some of the computer games like Mindstrike or Jetson's Way with Words would be up there.

Beamrider would be third on the list of Activision games, River Raid is becoming a tougher find. As for the ECS games, I have Jetsons as third behind World Series and Melody Blaster and 20th on my overall list. Mindstrike is relatively easy to find, particularly since there is a Venezuelan source.

I've been meaning to do this for a while, here's a visual representation of the unofficial top 25 rarest Intellivision games fresh from the shelves at Cmart. (Expanded from 20 as per Rev's request) ( and a bonus original 125 CIB pic...actually 126, a variation snuck in there)

In groups of five, with Spiker at #1, Tutankham at #6, Triple Challenge at #11, Worm Whomper at #16, and Tower of Doom at #21.Enjoy. :)

post-25458-0-36714100-1314634318_thumb.jpg

post-25458-0-52343300-1314634343_thumb.jpg

post-25458-0-81090500-1314634369_thumb.jpg

post-25458-0-07190100-1314634396_thumb.jpg

post-25458-0-12935600-1314634422_thumb.jpg

post-25458-0-71043600-1314634447_thumb.jpg

• Like 4