IGNORED

Coco3.com?

tjb

I hate to be negative about the guy but he still owes me a CoCoRoundup DVD and a MicroSD Drive Pak. I ordered them around September of last year. I emailed him one time and he apologized and said he get the DVD in the mail ASAP but never did. As for the MicroSD Pak he said he was still constructing a batch of those. I guess I'm probably SOL.

tjb

• Like 2

I did finally get my DVD after complaining. Roger seems to take on more than he can handle and he's taking money for drivepaks that may never materialize. That's why I was hesitant to order one myself and have stuck with cloud9tech's drivewire solution. It isn't perfect and you can't play games that require disk access but its good for 90% of the coco programs available.

Its funny, a bunch of my youtube coco reviews are on that dvd. I did give him permission but I could have sworn that I did so AFTER he put this DVD together.

I know Roger. He has hit some hard times for sure. He sold the coco3.com site and content to Wes Gale (whois info), who is a member of the coco mailing list. There's gigabytes of data involved and last I knew, Wes was upgrading the site software. Roger sold the site in order to get the funds necessary to complete the last 50 or so orders for the MicroSD paks. Trying to email him via his old email addresses will no longer work. I'm not going to post anyone's email address here, but, you can get it by reviewing the last month or so of the CoCo Mailing List Archives.

I know Roger. He has hit some hard times for sure. He sold the coco3.com site and content to Wes Gale (whois info), who is a member of the coco mailing list. There's gigabytes of data involved and last I knew, Wes was upgrading the site software. Roger sold the site in order to get the funds necessary to complete the last 50 or so orders for the MicroSD paks. Trying to email him via his old email addresses will no longer work. I'm not going to post anyone's email address here, but, you can get it by reviewing the last month or so of the CoCo Mailing List Archives.

Thanks R_R

Looking forward to the new site once its back up and running and its good to know all data is safe.

I hate to be negative about the guy but he still owes me a CoCoRoundup DVD and a MicroSD Drive Pak. I ordered them around September of last year. I emailed him one time and he apologized and said he get the DVD in the mail ASAP but never did. As for the MicroSD Pak he said he was still constructing a batch of those. I guess I'm probably SOL.

tjb

If this is Timothy Henley, I just looked up your order(s) and I show that a CoCo-to-PC data cable and CoCo Roundup DVD was mailed on Sep 21, 2010 with USPS tracking #9101010521297613929752.

You know that the Drive Pak is a pre-order, much like how the Atari cartridge pre-order works. You get the item when it's your turn, and I'm building these now.

SAN ANTONIO, TX, 78254, US 09/23/2010 10:10 AM DELIVERED

SAN ANTONIO, TX, 78238, US 09/23/2010 9:10 AM OUT FOR DELIVERY

SAN ANTONIO, TX, 78238, US 09/23/2010 8:40 AM SORTING/PROCESSING COMPLETE

SAN ANTONIO, TX, 78238, US 09/23/2010 4:19 AM ARRIVAL AT UNIT

GLADEWATER, TX, 75647, US 09/21/2010 4:00 PM ELECTRONIC SHIPPING INFO RECEIVED

75647, US 09/21/2010 10:52 AM Electronic Notification

If this isn't Tim, please contact me in private so I can figure out why I'm showing no customers from San Antonio, TX ordering anything during Sep 2010. The only San Antonio customer is Tim Henley and I have all records and information that you need.

coco3.com has a new owner and will re-launch the site soon. (so I hear)

As for Roger, the former owner, he has hit on some hard times. I read somewhere he may be having someone help him complete the drivepaks that have been ordered.

I'm glad I signed up here to help clear things up with several untrue posts.

I am the only developer and maker of the Drive Pak cartridges. The MicroSD Drive Pak is in production again now with about 45 more back orders on the table. If you're waiting on a pak, this means you have one coming out of this batch. It's that simple. People pre-ordered these paks, and now I'm delivering them.

I did sell CoCo3.com to a serious fellow CoCo user so I could raise funds to keep my software and hardware products coming. I'm not leaving the CoCo community by any means. I'll actually be boosting my efforts beyond what they've ever been.

This isn't a CoCo site, so I don't even know why you guys brought this topic onto these guy's Atari forum, and I'm ashamed that I was lured here to defend myself on an Atari forum.

Let's take this back to the CoCo forums where we belong.

Roger Taylor

I did finally get my DVD after complaining. Roger seems to take on more than he can handle and he's taking money for drivepaks that may never materialize. That's why I was hesitant to order one myself and have stuck with cloud9tech's drivewire solution. It isn't perfect and you can't play games that require disk access but its good for 90% of the coco programs available.

Its funny, a bunch of my youtube coco reviews are on that dvd. I did give him permission but I could have sworn that I did so AFTER he put this DVD together.

Wait a minute, Atarileaf. We've been on good terms and I hope it stays that way. You know that I've jumped over mountains and have taken attacks by 2 competitors and a pawn of theirs (I call them the trio, and they know who they are), to keep producing the Drive Paks. You knew I was serious when I sold coco3.com so I could put more funds into the Drive Pak efforts.

EVERY person who has ordered a Drive Pak has or will receive theirs. Most have already received theirs within a month of ordering, or have placed a pre-order and are waiting on theirs now from the batch I'm making. I shipped 4 or 5 last week and am testing the next order today. I'm not sure where you guys get this false information from, but I've had enough of the bashing and slander to last me a lifetime. No hard feelings or anything personal to you. And I hope that little Drive Wire cable thingy works out for you until you receive a Drive Pak which is a far better product and wasn't made by a team of jerks who think they can be the only CoCo developers around.

Atarileaf, I've been the most busiest CoCo developer and CoCo ARCHIVIST since 2000 (although Cloud-9 will claim THEY are the busiest), I've taken on thousands of customers and shipped 90% of my orders within the next business day at the same time those guys were putting effort into stopping me in my tracks. All of a sudden I have a real LIFE glitch that puts a delay on some orders, and I get thrown under the bus completely.

And you guys want me to keep producing cool CoCo software and gadgets? You want me to reduce what I take on so I can do this? So, I sold CoCo3.com. But get this straight: I'm not weak and I'm not going through hard times. THIS is why people bash another, whey they get this false feeling that the person is weak, they feel the need to step on his head to take a small power-grab. That's the kind of stuff I've been dealing with from the Trio for years, and I actually enjoy it. It makes for good competition and it ensures that I will never, ever, quit what I'm doing.

Roger Taylor

Wait a minute, Atarileaf. We've been on good terms and I hope it stays that way. You know that I've jumped over mountains and have taken attacks by 2 competitors and a pawn of theirs (I call them the trio, and they know who they are), to keep producing the Drive Paks. You knew I was serious when I sold coco3.com so I could put more funds into the Drive Pak efforts.

EVERY person who has ordered a Drive Pak has or will receive theirs. Most have already received theirs within a month of ordering, or have placed a pre-order and are waiting on theirs now from the batch I'm making. I shipped 4 or 5 last week and am testing the next order today. I'm not sure where you guys get this false information from, but I've had enough of the bashing and slander to last me a lifetime. No hard feelings or anything personal to you. And I hope that little Drive Wire cable thingy works out for you until you receive a Drive Pak which is a far better product and wasn't made by a team of jerks who think they can be the only CoCo developers around.

Atarileaf, I've been the most busiest CoCo developer and CoCo ARCHIVIST since 2000 (although Cloud-9 will claim THEY are the busiest), I've taken on thousands of customers and shipped 90% of my orders within the next business day at the same time those guys were putting effort into stopping me in my tracks. All of a sudden I have a real LIFE glitch that puts a delay on some orders, and I get thrown under the bus completely.

And you guys want me to keep producing cool CoCo software and gadgets? You want me to reduce what I take on so I can do this? So, I sold CoCo3.com. But get this straight: I'm not weak and I'm not going through hard times. THIS is why people bash another, whey they get this false feeling that the person is weak, they feel the need to step on his head to take a small power-grab. That's the kind of stuff I've been dealing with from the Trio for years, and I actually enjoy it. It makes for good competition and it ensures that I will never, ever, quit what I'm doing.

Roger Taylor

Easy Roger, we are on good terms and I was just speaking from personal experience. It was not intended as a personal attack so sorry if it came across that way. As for the drivepaks, I was just relating what others have stated on the mailing list. I told you that you could use my videos and I stand by that. No problem. I just thought it was interesting that they were already on there but I'm not one to worry what happens to my videos once they go online anyway. I make them for the sheer fun and enjoyment of my retro gaming hobby and if others can enjoy them, I'm all for it.

As for talking about the Coco on Atariage, its ridiculous to think we can't talk about the coco here. Granted the fan base isn't as big but the coco is one of many computers that Atariage users like myself really enjoy. There's obviously a fan base for coco3.com and since the site was down for a time, other more casual users who weren't aware of the mailing list were posting anywhere they might get answers - hence the reason for this thread.

I'm a big fan of the coco3 website and even though I wasn't a big poster there, I went there often to get info and keep up on the goings on in the community and I'm very thankful that you've kept it running all these years.

I think your drivepak is a big part of the community going forward and I hope like crazy that its successful and leads to further products to make the Coco a viable hobbyist computer for years to come.

Finally, I'd like to officially welcome you to Atariage Roger and I hope you browse around. You may like it here enough to stay :)

I had heard that the site got "trashed". Are there plans to relaunch another coco site?

Nasty rumors. CoCo3.com has never been trashed in 10 years. It was hit by a few lucky Russian bots before but we came back quick and blocked the offending sources. Other than that, CoCo3.com has been the longest standing CoCo community site and is home to tens of thousands of CoCo posts made on various forums (some before the internet went public), since 1985.

As for talking about the Coco on Atariage, its ridiculous to think we can't talk about the coco here. Granted the fan base isn't as big but the coco is one of many computers that Atariage users like myself really enjoy. There's obviously a fan base for coco3.com and since the site was down for a time, other more casual users who weren't aware of the mailing list were posting anywhere they might get answers - hence the reason for this thread.

Oh yeah, we talk Coco here all the time. This is a great site for anything related to any computer or video game. Some AtariAge subforums, such as Intellivision / Aquarius, are busier and more robust than any of the dedicated communities.

I had heard that the site got "trashed". Are there plans to relaunch another coco site?

Nasty rumors. CoCo3.com has never been trashed in 10 years. It was hit by a few lucky Russian bots before but we came back quick and blocked the offending sources. Other than that, CoCo3.com has been the longest standing CoCo community site and is home to tens of thousands of CoCo posts made on various forums (some before the internet went public), since 1985.

I was just attempting humor as in trash-80. I am a member of the site and always enjoyed interacting with everyone on there.

Atarileaf,

The MicroSD Drive Pak is already successful. It's being used by hundreds of customers. I remember a recent comment from Wolfe on the list one time "wishing me luck" on my pak, and so forth, which I took as a huge insult since he knew that almost everybody had already bought or pre-ordered a Drive Pak. :) It was amusing to hear him wish me luck while he bragged about that little cable thing he hijacked from Boisy. So I didn't want others to take your statement wrong and think that the Drive Pak wasn't already successful just because you wished it success one day. :) No hard feelings, and I understand there is a lot of misinformation in the CoCo community because #1) I don't stand up for myself enough, and #2) several users have gone out of their way spinning information about me and my products. Most of the spin has already had effect on me, and I attribute this to the Trio boys.

As for the archive DVD. If I had to calculate the percentage of your videos vs. the massive content on the DVD, some of which is my own © stuff, I would say that .0001% would be those videos which won't make any difference if I remove them or not. If anything, my archives have given recognition to more unnoticed CoCo users and websites over the years because of my high search engine / Google rank. I wasn't stingy but tried to expose every CoCo user, effort, and product, even Cloud-9's stuff! I ran their banner for 10 years and it was the FIRST banner ever to appear on the first CoCo3.com which was a stack of banners only. To this date, after all the bickering we've done, they remain in circulation on CoCo3.com because of me, and I've led tens of thousands of CoCo visitors to their site. I played a part in growing their business because I PROMOTED the Cloud-9 efforts for YEARS from the #1 CoCo site on the web, yet they bashed me at the same time... yet I still promoted them. When you figure that one out, let me know. It's the biggest CoCo community mystery ever. Perhaps it's the only mystery, why those guys bad-mouthed me for so long and why I took it.

Now that I've chosen to be a CoCo lurker while I work on my cool CoCo gadgets, I feel the need to finally defend myself in a few cases where needed. I couldn't help but notice this thread, and I apologize if I over spoke or if I appear to be angry. I'm not! So don't get me wrong here... I'm just putting in my 2 cents where it's needed. :)

Now back to soldering. :)

I was just attempting humor as in trash-80. I am a member of the site and always enjoyed interacting with everyone on there.

Now I get it. :) Back in school they used to say Trash-80 a lot, which Radio Shack hated to hear.