IGNORED

Will you be buying a 3DS after the price drop?

Animan

60 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying a 3DS after the price drop?

• Yes
    • No
    • I will buy one before the price drop to get those 20 free games.
    • I might buy one.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

i will be buying one soon because i can also slash off $50 with a gift card. with tax it will come to $130.79

the only thing that's keeping me waiting is for a price drop on the DSiXL. that thing is just awesome looking. well, that's not the only factor, but it's the only game-industry-related factor.

I gave it another, longer, go at our local walmart. I had a worse experience. It felt like I was crossing my eyes and it made me a bit sick at every 3d setting but '3d off.' I wish it just used glasses to get the 3d effect. A wearable console maybe.

I *hate* the ds, so I'm in no hurry to buy one of these and turn it back into a ds. I think $50 is my price on this system.

• Like 1

Quite a few places... Target, Best Buy, Amazon, etc.... are running sales/clearances on 3DS games. I know that RE:Mercenaries, NintenDog's, Shadow War's, and many other titles are now $19.99. And Amazon has been selling Zelda for $29 for the past 10 days or so.

Methinks that perhaps the upcoming flood of free downloadable games from Nintendo could be affecting cartridge sales as many new owners may be deciding to put off buying anything with at least 10 free games coming.

Mendon

Well now I have seen three different websites all talking about how Nintendo might be making a new 3DS, one that "tones down" the 3D element and possibly adds a second analog stick.

Site 1

Site 2

Site 3

So what does this mean for the 3DS? Has it been a failure that Nintendo themselves want to change? If not, why these rumored changes? This would be different from a "3DS Lite" these changes sound more like 3DS-without-the-3D.

Now I am definitely picking one up .... in January when it's in the bargain bin.

Thoughts?

So what does this mean for the 3DS? Has it been a failure that Nintendo themselves want to change? If not, why these rumored changes? Now I am definitely picking one up .... in January when it's in the bargain bin.

Thoughts?

I think you're jumping to conclusions. It's just a rumor. There may be some sort of extra stick add-on, or maybe not.

Nintendo may make a new screen for the thing to save money, perhaps switch to that linticular thingy most glassesless 3D uses. (which would save power, but I don't know about costs)

As for second stick, LOL, I highly doubt that...though it is early enough in the life of the system it wouldn't have to much of a bad effect, other than people ditching the old one stick models for the new two stick ones.

If Nintendo does do a redesign, I hope they do something about the design of the bezel around the bottom screen so it won't scratch the upper screen when the system is closed like the first one does.

I waited til the price drop to bite (well that and the GS trade-in any DS and get one for 99 bucks) and I'm glad I did. So far I've really enjoyed it, not alot of games out there for it but I got Zelda 3D today and looking forward to Starfox and a few others but really what time I've spent with it so far its a neat little system with what I think is alot of potential. As to the rumored redesign; I think that its a little but questionable. For several reasons but especially with them releasing different color editions of current hardware.