IGNORED

32 x 24 Maze example program with Pac-Man style sprite

Random Terrain

Until somebody figures out how to fix the 32 x 24 jitter, here is the same program with a row removed. It's now 32 x 23 and has a steady scanline count of 262.

Latest Version

Here's the .bin file to use with an emulator or Harmony cart:

ex_maze_32x23_2011y_08m_02d_0523t.bin

Here's the bB code:

ex_maze_32x23_2011y_08m_02d_0523t.bas

post-13-0-58360900-1312277866_thumb.png

----------------------------------------------

Original Post

Below is an adapted version of what I mentioned in the 32 x 12 Maze example program with Pac-Man style sprite thread. I thought I wouldn't be able to post this 32 x 24 version, but jrok reminded me about vblank, so I stuck some of my code in there and it seems to work. You can read more about what I did with vblank here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/169435-for-a-full-game-isnt-vblank-useless/page__p__2339266#entry2339266

Here's the .bin file to use with an emulator or Harmony cart:

ex_maze_32x24_2011y_08m_01d_2252t.bin

Here's the bB code:

ex_maze_32x24_2011y_08m_01d_2252t.bas

post-13-0-27472900-1312255395_thumb.png

Problem:

I have Stella fixed so it will stop the program if the scanline count goes over 262. It hasn't stopped so far.

I do have a problem, though. If you hit Alt + L, you can see that the scanline count bounces between 262 and 261. It did that before I used vblank. Any time I use a 32 x 24 screen and add any code, the scanline count bounces around like that. When I try it with the Harmony cart, the screen slightly jitters.

Does anyone know how to make a 32 x 24 screen keep a steady scanline count of 262?

Thanks.

Edited by Random Terrain
  • Like 4

Thanks! One problem. When I use the ROM generated by compiling in bB, I just get a blank screen.

Your compilation failed then. Which release of bB are you using? One thing I noticed is the code won't compile under 1.1d due to a bug in the compiler. Compiled fine under 1.1c.

-Jeff

I've been looking at the bB page trying to figure out where to put this example program and I can't find a good spot. Does anybody have an idea?

[i figured it out. Since I use fixed point variables in the program, I'll put it in that section.]

Edited by Random Terrain