IGNORED

Atari POP-1A Store Display Kiosk with 40+ Games In Box

fibrewire

same seller, same item? different auction # and BIN is now only $18,000

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3504839851651?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=350483985165&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

still overpriced IMHO

This seller has issues. He or the company that listed the item refuses to answer questions about shipping costs or posts pictures of the largest box that holds most of the unit. I believe several forum members made offers and he didn't respond even to reject them. In any event, I believe the most one of these NOS has ever sold for in open auction is just under $2K and there have been several sold for a lot less on arcade collecting sites, even within the past few years, so $18K is wishful thinking to an extreme.

• 5 months later...

I know the owner of this item. I am helping him try to sell it. I was able to convince him to lower the selling price, right now he has it at $15,000 but I bet if you offered $10,000 he would take it.

I also got box measurements from him. Box 1 is 74inches x 28inches x 6 inches. Box 2 is 49inches x 27inches x 14 inches. Box 3 is 53inches x 25inches x 21 inches

If anyone wants to take a look at it and examine it before purchasing ti you can. It's located on Long Island, NY

Here is the current listing.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3505241694461?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=350524169446&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I know the owner of this item. I am helping him try to sell it. I was able to convince him to lower the selling price, right now he has it at $15,000 but I bet if you offered $10,000 he would take it.

I also got box measurements from him. Box 1 is 74inches x 28inches x 6 inches. Box 2 is 49inches x 27inches x 14 inches. Box 3 is 53inches x 25inches x 21 inches

If anyone wants to take a look at it and examine it before purchasing ti you can. It's located on Long Island, NY

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3505241694461?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=350524169446&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Good luck, but still way too pricey for what the actual value is. $2000 range is more realistic.

Nobody is going to offer $10K on an item that has never sold for over $2K. You should also advise him to take some good quality photos of all three boxes as the photos currently posted on the auction are pretty bad.

Nobody is going to offer $10K on an item that has never sold for over $2K.

Were any of those still in the original boxes, never been put together or used?

Yes, a couple of years ago one went for $2200 boxed. Currently, ones without the boxes go for between $100 to $1000 depending on condition. In terms of Atari 2600 collecting, my philosophy with boxed and unboxed items is that if it is boxed, it is usually worth the price of the actual item unboxed X 2 (there are a few exceptions- this one not being one of them); I offfered the seller of this one a fair offer but never heard back from him/her.

• 1 month later...

It's back for only $5600 now:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1208743129271?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=120874312927&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Own the most rarest piece of Atari History Ever. Here is your chance we got the owner to come down from his starting price of 35,000. None available anywhere still in the box un assembled.

that's about what my max bid was for the one I won MANY years ago.

Rick

Still too much IMHO. The reasonable range for this item in this condition seems to be $1500-$2500. You may get an offer slightly above the $2500 mark, but when you figure it will be a few hundred or so to ship, I can't see someone paying essentially $6K for the item.

It's back for only $5600 now:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1208743129271?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=120874312927&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Own the most rarest piece of Atari History Ever. Here is your chance we got the owner to come down from his starting price of 35,000. None available anywhere still in the box un assembled.

that's about what my max bid was for the one I won MANY years ago.

Rick

At least he is in a realm of the norm now! It might sell around this price. I think I was the second highest bidder on the one Rick got many many years ago. I sure hope it would have the brain unit packed up but I dont think it does. I was able to look at one that was new and the brain was in a small box by itself. I opened the box and looked at the manual and scanned all the pages so I will get my hard drive out and look at the pics later. It's to high still---- for me! I have a brain and the control panel for my collection and I hope to build mine soon.

The circuit board was a later revision. In fact, if you follow his auction links to a manual scan, it references very clearly that the circuit board was a forthcoming upgrade, but that the stock unit just used a 2600 and a standard game cartridge which was bolted into place by forcing two metal screws into the cartridge port or by attaching up to three cartridges onto a metal chain and bracket system and letting the public insert the carts to try them out. The manual also makes it clear that the store was to provide the 2600 and it wasn't included in the kiosk. Still, he hasn't updated any of the photos in the auction, so it's hard to tell what is being sold here and what is or isn't included.

At least he is in a realm of the norm now! It might sell around this price. I think I was the second highest bidder on the one Rick got many many years ago. I sure hope it would have the brain unit packed up but I dont think it does. I was able to look at one that was new and the brain was in a small box by itself. I opened the box and looked at the manual and scanned all the pages so I will get my hard drive out and look at the pics later. It's to high still---- for me! I have a brain and the control panel for my collection and I hope to build mine soon.

Edited by bojay1997

After researching the history of the Atari pop and reading the scanned manual from the auction, it indeed does NOT have the brain....that sucks...... And, yes, I think it is still too high, especially with the brain not available.