IGNORED

My first Atari cartridges

nanochess

Hi everybody, I now had an Atari 2600 Jr, I've made the composite video adaptation and finally I've buyed my first Atari cartridges at a flea market, I've got:

• Tanque Robot (not working, missing half top label)
  • Seesaw (not working, slightly smaller)
  • Firebird
  • Keystone Kapers (not working)
  • Taz
  • Real Football
  • Yars Revenge
  • Sky Jinks (not working)

At the Atariage's database doesn't appear sticker info of Tanque Robot, Seesaw or Firebird, so find annex a big photo, and a small photo of each others.

post-30245-0-17291200-1312997801_thumb.jpg

post-30245-0-68753000-1312997808_thumb.jpg

post-30245-0-83650700-1312997813_thumb.jpg

post-30245-0-51796300-1312997819_thumb.jpg

Added:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-firebird_27476.html

Thanks.

Nanochess, is Firebird the same game as MegaMania?

http://www.atarimania.com/game-megamania_s6884.html

8)

I've checked it again, it says "FIRE BIRD" in top label, I overlooked the space, no further info available.

The game itself doesn't look like Megamania, it has several blue birds flying in different lines shooting the magenta ship in bottom, when a bird is destroyed it "regenerates" from left and right of screen, when the ship is destroyed it explodes like fireworks.

Welcome to the forums! Looks like you have an ok start. Now to get out there and start building up your collection. Those bad carts will eventually get replaced with better ones naturally as you collect. Where's a pic of your console?

And the picture of my Atari, I buyed it for US$3, no joysticks/cables/power supply, it was brown of dust, I've cleaned it though still some dust in wrinkles, you can see my modification with the RCA Jacks for video/audio, I didn't make any holes in case.

The case has a crack underneath from center to top, someone sit over it :P, fortunately the PCB is all right and pretty clean :).

post-30245-0-44188500-1313083811_thumb.jpg

Added:

http://www.atarimani...bird_27476.html

Thanks.

http://www.atarimani...ania_s6884.html

8)

I've checked it again, it says "FIRE BIRD" in top label, I overlooked the space, no further info available.

The game itself doesn't look like Megamania, it has several blue birds flying in different lines shooting the magenta ship in bottom, when a bird is destroyed it "regenerates" from left and right of screen, when the ship is destroyed it explodes like fireworks.

Your description of "Fire Bird" sounds like Demon Attack to me.

Added:

http://www.atarimani...bird_27476.html

Thanks.

http://www.atarimani...ania_s6884.html

8)

Your description of "Fire Bird" sounds like Demon Attack to me.

Yes, it looks like Demon Attack but I don't remember to see the logo, I will check it again later.

• 2 weeks later...

Using a lot of isopropilic alcohol I've managed to get working the other four cartridges :), now I've discovered that the Select/Reset buttons of my Atari doesn't work :(.

Seesaw looks like Atari Circus, but has man changed to a clown, and Fire Bird is like Demon Attack but with the original logo removed, now I'm pretty sure both are Taiwanese bootlegs, PCB is yellowish with plated lines.

On the other way I've reopened Tanque Robot and took a picture of PCB, looks original, gold plated.

post-30245-0-08062200-1314115123_thumb.jpg

I've buyed other eight cartridges, four are Taiwanese bootlegs.

o Little Bear.

o River Raid.

o Fantastic Game (32 in 1), not working.

o Tooth Brush, not working.

o Mountain King.

o Dark Chambers (pretty good state)

o Amidar

o Fire Fly (apparently sun borrowed colors)

Tooth Brush and Fantastic Game aren't working. I'm thinking about replacing oxidized screws with new screws. Not able to test further with my non-working Reset/Select buttons.

post-30245-0-86711800-1314115293_thumb.jpg

post-30245-0-63345000-1314115299_thumb.jpg

What was wrong with the other 4 cartridges?

Using a lot of isopropilic alcohol I've managed to get working the other four cartridges :), now I've discovered that the Select/Reset buttons of my Atari doesn't work :(.

Seesaw looks like Atari Circus, but has man changed to a clown, and Fire Bird is like Demon Attack but with the original logo removed, now I'm pretty sure both are Taiwanese bootlegs, PCB is yellowish with plated lines.

On the other way I've reopened Tanque Robot and took a picture of PCB, looks original, gold plated.

What was wrong with the other 4 cartridges?

Them simply didn't worked, black screen with vertical red line at left, and vertical green line at right.