IGNORED

What happened to Tempest for the 5200?

holygrailvideogames.com

If I recall, I think it was because of the video game crash and because of the "Tramiel" take-over.

:|

:D

Hard to tell if that was wry humor, or if segasaturn is clueless about the efforts to finish & release it from AA. I'm waiting for 5200 Tempest too - how about an update Al?

If I recall, I think it was because of the video game crash and because of the "Tramiel" take-over.

:|

:D

Hard to tell if that was wry humor, or if segasaturn is clueless about the efforts to finish & release it from AA. I'm waiting for 5200 Tempest too - how about an update Al?

I didn't know people were trying to release it. I was talking about the "original" 5200 version. Thats all.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Tempest is still being worked on, so don't worry a release will happen when the game is ready for release. The trakball is supported, I wrote the code for that.

One change I should mention is that it is now going to be a one player game only, not two as originally conceived.

• Like 2

One change I should mention is that it is now going to be a one player game only, not two as originally conceived.

Running out of ROM/memory? That's not a big deal since it's not a two-players-at-a-time game. Nice to hear he's still working on it. It's been a while since we've seen a new 5200 game.

Allan