IGNORED

Data Age Loaners

fabman99

HI All, Picked up on Ebay a few weeks ago Journey/Escape and Bermuda Triangle on a BIN. Anyway would like to know what the Serial #'s mean, rarity etc. Both games work but did not play them yet and labels are pretty clean. Is there a Prototype / loaner list of known games here on AA? Thanks in advance for the info.

Well, they pop up once in a while.

Rare indeed, but not impossible to find.

No list is known, but I have proto pictures of almost all Data Age titles.

Are yours New Release labels?

8)

Here is the pic of the ones i got. Serial # on J/E is 184 and says return by Jan. 5, 1983, BT # is 418 return date blank, so which release are these? Can i get you to send me the pics of Data Age titles.? Thanks for the info.

post-3738-0-06174400-1314052669_thumb.jpg

Yep, I've seen these once in a while on Ebay. A frankensteins Monster was listed recently too. BTW, I never realised that you were a member here....

Hi, yeah i been here awhile but i use AA more for info searches, current events. I have about $10,000 worth of stuff . I used to buy fix and resell but i mostly collect stuff now. Ready to step up to some Rare 9 and 10's boxed soon.

Pictures of your carts and Secret Agent can be found here:

http://www.atarimania.com/screenshots_games_atari-2600-vcs-p_total-page-step-publisher_10-1-200-11_2_G.html

Of other titles I have pictures of the so called Sample labels (a white label with a red Sample stamp on it).

These all look the same, but I will post a picture asap.

Then there's the red New Release label as well:

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/frankenstein/frankproto.htm

Which release they are?

Obviously (WIP) loaners and (p)review carts.

If yours are any different from the final releases, then you have WIP carts.

Did you spot any differences?

I'm sure Tempest can tell us more about the serial numbers on these carts.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Here is the pic of the ones i got. Serial # on J/E is 184 and says return by Jan. 5, 1983, BT # is 418 return date blank, so which release are these? Can i get you to send me the pics of Data Age titles.? Thanks for the info.

You're going to have to pay a hefty overdue fine when you finally return that Journey Escape :D

Obviously (WIP) loaners and (p)review carts.

If yours are any different from the final releases, then you have WIP carts.

Did you spot any differences?

I could be wrong, but I haven't heard of any WIP Data Age games aside from those found in random lots of "pirate" EPROMs like the one I bought a while back.

I could be wrong, but I haven't heard of any WIP Data Age games aside from those found in random lots of "pirate" EPROMs like the one I bought a while back.

Me neither.

The only one I know is Survival Run:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-survival-run_16545.html

But who knows?

Perhaps some of these loaner carts contain slightly different versions.

8)

Me neither.

The only one I know is Survival Run:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-survival-run_16545.html

But who knows?

Perhaps some of these loaner carts contain slightly different versions.

8)

I have an Air Lock WIP too, I posted the ROM when I found it. These loaner carts should definitely be dumped if possible just in case.

• 5 months later...

Hi all, following up on this topic and after playing the games to compare, they seem pretty similar to production carts but i did not get very far into the games. If someone here wants to purchase these to see if they need to have the Roms dumped PM me. Labels are pretty clean but as you can see in the pic one has some white sticker residue.