IGNORED

ABBUC Software Contest

Bunsen

Creature XL, when you release the new version, you can easily edit Wikipedia page.

Never done it. But I guess that would be the right reason :)

Its a shame that the release of the 5 beta versions depend my other mates. Code is ready :(

Well, and for now I would only release 1 or two betas there was no other beating MJO under 15 minutes. :)

where can I find: Sheriffs Job and StarRoad?

I asked both authors if I could give you the games.

The author of StarRoad answered quickly and is pleased about your interest.

I'm still waiting of the answer of the other author.

any news about Sherifs Job's?

Thanks for starroad, of coz.

• 9 months later...

%-)

About the rules:

Anything already on A8 isn't allowed but if it exists on the other Atari 8bit, the 7800.

The game in my mine will only use the native chars/tiles and the guys bits because all the game code has to be done from scratch (like, for example, what even seems the same, like the frames as the 7800 hardware spriter, on A8 the correspondent bit-pairs are diferent and diferent code as they need to be soft sprites more pmgs.

If not allowed then anyother game from other 6502 also can't.

:-)

%-)

About the rules:

Anything already on A8 isn't allowed but if it exists on the other Atari 8bit, the 7800.

The game in my mine will only use the native chars/tiles and the guys bits because all the game code has to be done from scratch (like, for example, what even seems the same, like the frames as the 7800 hardware spriter, on A8 the correspondent bit-pairs are diferent and diferent code as they need to be soft sprites more pmgs.

José, thank you for this little but important hint! You are right: this is not clearly stated in the rules. I will discuss this topic internally and make it more clear for next years competition.

Where do you want to draw the line? I know someone who "coded" a commercial C64 game back in the day. He took the Z80 code and translatedt it instruction by instruction manually into 6502 code

and then it was sold. To clarify, he was contracted by the owner of the original rights.

If nowadays someone copies a C64 game its up to the voters to decide how many points they give for his "efforts".

My two cents. In the it's skr's call ;)

Edited by Creature XL