IGNORED

BattleSphere Gold Pictures

GeneralMurdock

Hey there :)

I saw it somewhere in the past but can't remember where.

Is there a picture of the inside of battlesphere gold? The PCB?

Thanks in advance.

Any good pictures of any size have been removed by request of the creators of the game.

Probably to reduce the odds of people reprinting those covers and labels if they pirated a copy.

Any good pictures of any size have been removed by request of the creators of the game.

Probably to reduce the odds of people reprinting those covers and labels if they pirated a copy.

Yes, because copying and distributing the ROMs is the easy part, whereas scanning a cartridge or box is very difficult and nobody's going to do it.

Wait a minute... that doesn't make any sense.

• Like 5

Yes, because copying and distributing the ROMs is the easy part, whereas scanning a cartridge or box is very difficult and nobody's going to do it.

Wait a minute... that doesn't make any sense.

YEP! Because that TOOOTALLY what I meant.

Actually what I'm getting at is the fact that it would just hinder resale of pirated copies on epay or elsewhere.

What pirate would hate making a little extra cash on the side with official looking copies? No pirate that sails the seven seas I tell ya

• Like 1

Actually what I'm getting at is the fact that it would just hinder resale of pirated copies on epay or elsewhere.

What pirate would hate making a little extra cash on the side with official looking copies? No pirate that sails the seven seas I tell ya

And yet repros of other games on here flourish just fine. What's the difference? What makes gives BS such special privilege?

Because they want to keep saying they don't have any copies left and sell one copy once a year for $1500.

There was a link to the sellers account that only sells BattleSphere Gold. If someone have it, please post here.

The difference to other games like for exemple Nintendo World Championship, is that they want to keep this markey based in lies. Beaides that since they are a small group they will try to get money from somebody with a law suit because they don't sell games.

The image is missing but the information about the cartridge is already easy to find in the web. Once you sell a product, people talk.

• Like 2

Easy fella, there's no big conspiracy ;-) Yea, he trickle-feeds from an unknown quantity of copies and does it infrequently. If people are daft enough to keep paying more & more for it, that's their decision, but it can't go on indefinitely as the desperate few who want it so badly decrease in number each year (even if it is only by one ;-) ).

Sorry, I typed that during a Marx economy class LOL.

But to be honest, I believe in conspiracy, yes.

In small groups like neogeo collectors and atari jaguar collectors it sure happens.

By the way, I was reading at the BattleSphere wiki and saw that:

"After Hasbro bought out Atari, it took relentless lobbying by the BattleSphere fanbase and much behind the scenes persuasion to convince Atari to release the Jaguar console into the public domain. This makes the Atari Jaguar the very first proprietary console to be officially completely released to homebrew development."

The first Battlesphere wasn't released but there is a rom.

Does the first one have anything to do with the Gold edition? Let me put this way, the guys in battlesphere gold holds any copyrights over the first game?

Sorry, I typed that during a Marx economy class LOL.

But to be honest, I believe in conspiracy, yes.

In small groups like neogeo collectors and atari jaguar collectors it sure happens.

By the way, I was reading at the BattleSphere wiki and saw that:

"After Hasbro bought out Atari, it took relentless lobbying by the BattleSphere fanbase and much behind the scenes persuasion to convince Atari to release the Jaguar console into the public domain. This makes the Atari Jaguar the very first proprietary console to be officially completely released to homebrew development."

The first Battlesphere wasn't released but there is a rom.

Does the first one have anything to do with the Gold edition? Let me put this way, the guys in battlesphere gold holds any copyrights over the first game?

Scatalogic was the producer of both Battlesphere games - theres alot of varied information out there but I believe part of the agreement they had with Atari was that any proceeds of their game go to charity which the seemingly endless once a year auctions that come out are in support of (I think Diabetes?)

So yes, Scatalogic owns distribution/copyright/patent/whatever rights to all the Battlesphere releases AFAIK.

Scatalogic was the producer of both Battlesphere games - theres alot of varied information out there but I believe part of the agreement they had with Atari was that any proceeds of their game go to charity which the seemingly endless once a year auctions that come out are in support of (I think Diabetes?)

The terms of the original BS release required all profits to go to charity. No such terms apply to BSG sales, or the continued 'oh look found another copy in the stash under the bed' sales.

Sales are sometimes listed as for charity, sometimes not. See Anti Piracy Mud Flaps

• Like 8

I think the real reason we are not allowed to see BSG cartridge internal photos is that it would be so bright & full of awesomeness, that anyone would see it would have their eyes melted out & be set ablaze. The BSG cartridge and secrets within are not being protected, we are.

We are not worthy of seeing the inside of this cartridge. To do so would be aking to staring at 1000 suns. There were some things we mortals were not meant to see.

• Like 9

auhauhauhauhauhauhauhua, this is getting better and better.

Well too be honest, I'm not 100% sure of how copyright laws work for the case of the PCB.

If I buy the game, it's mine, I can take a picture of it in my room, over my desk.

There are people that sell this game in ebay and the upload pictures of it.

If taking a picture of the pcb would be some copyright law infringement, people that post their collections would be breaking 1000x copyright laws.

What about discussing which chips the BSG has, is it any copyright law infringement?

Why exactly do you want to know ? If you wonder whether there's a gold nugget inside which would justify the high prices, the answer is unfortunately "no" :P

Those who bought the game (I didn't) got a PDF file explaining how the carts were manufactured, and IIRC there was nothing special about it.

Edited by Zerosquare
  • Like 1

Great!! Thank you :))

2 16 bit eeproms and a nvram chip.

All that I wanted to know is that this game has anything special that for example cybermorph doesn't.

So, as far as I can see: nothing.

I saw lots of times people saying that it uses some special chip but I think this is BS/BS. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Edited by GeneralMurdock

I saw lots of times people saying that it uses some special chip but I think this is BS/BS. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

You forgot these:

Nanoprobe_graphic.jpg

Several million Borg nanoprobes in every cartridge. The more consoles you link, the bigger the BS Jaguar hive mind becomes, boldly taking the gaming experience where no game has gone before. Any added jaguar's individual distinctiveness will be added to their own.

• Like 6