IGNORED

A new Pinball Hall of Fame release is in the works for 2012

Atariboy

FarSight Studios announced it today on their Facebook page.

"FarSight Studios is extremely proud to announce that we will be releasing a new pinball game in early 2012! We’ve been busy acquiring licenses, building new tables, and developing our technology on many platforms (including iPhone, iPad, and Android). We welcome all comments and table suggestions (we keep a running tally of all requests). We want to ensure that our game will be the definitive collection of classic pinball! Stay tuned for updates over the next few months!"

Should be a must buy game for many of us.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Of course! Finding a working one will be a special achievement in the game. :D

hehehehehe...

It's hope against hope, but I would be ecstatic if they ponied up some money for licensed tables and gives us The Addams Family and/or Twilight Zone.

But if that's not possible, then perhaps a modern repackaging of the PC-only Williams collection, which had some good tables in Tales of the Arabian Nights and Creature from the Black Lagoon (but only if they can restore Creature's original music). Theatre of Magic and Eight Ball Deluxe would also be nice gets.

Edited by FujiSkunk

About "licensed" titles, I wonder if they could just release the tables themselves and just do a "name" change? That would let a lot of tables be released!

That might work on some tables, but would probably be much more work than it's worth on others. In the case of the Adam's family in particular, I bet much of the playfield would have to be redrawn and the voice clips would have to be re-recorded as well since some of the actors lended their voice talent to it. It gets sticky when you try to do things like that.. :(

Then again, I'm not sure I'd still want to play it if the table was heavily modified. I don't even know if I'd still want to play a table that was even slightly modified. For instance, lately I have been contemplating the idea of them putting the Getaway: High Speed II on there. They would have to take out the ZZ Top tunes though unless they wanted to try to license them again (doubtful). If the tunes were gone, I'm not sure if I would still want to play it. I recently played the newest port of Crazy Taxi released (Dreamcast Collection/XBLA/Steam), and I was really turned off that Sega didn't get the original tunes licensed again. The vibe of the game was completely changed and it's just not the same. It would probably be the same for these modified pinball games, if not more since the audio cues are a big part of the game. :(

Edited by Austin

I hope there's a port for the 360 in the works. It's not by Crave, who did a great job on the Williams compilation. Zen Pinball seems to support every platform I don't have.

I would only be interested in licensed tables of yesteryear from Williams, Bally, etc. Sure, there's visual pinball, but the level of refinement just isn't there, compared to the ports by Crave, etc.

I hope they get some great games, I REALLY want Black Knight 2000, and Bride of PinBot.

I had no idea they released a PC version, with Creature of the Black Lagoon... time to find a copy! I *LOVE* that table.

Agreed, a Bally/Midway set of tables would be absolutely perfect.

At any rate... *change of pants*

• Like 1

..I have been contemplating the idea of them putting the Getaway: High Speed II on there. They would have to take out the ZZ Top tunes though unless they wanted to try to license them again (doubtful). If the tunes were gone, I'm not sure if I would still want to play it. I recently played the newest port of Crazy Taxi released (Dreamcast Collection/XBLA/Steam), and I was really turned off that Sega didn't get the original tunes licensed again. The vibe of the game was completely changed and it's just not the same.

Luckily, the 360 supports custom soundtracks. You can put Offpsring back into Crazy Taxi, and even if Getaway doesn't have funky-electro ZZ Top, you can either play it yourself or play anything else you'd like, like the Outrun soundtrack.

I had no idea they released a PC version, with Creature of the Black Lagoon... time to find a copy! I *LOVE* that table.

Williams Pinball Classics is the name of the PC collection that includes Creature. However, it seems the more recent Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection has also been marketed as Williams Pinball Classics in some areas, so make sure you find the right one.

Also be warned, they swapped generic background music in place of the '50s tunes used in the original, but otherwise it's a pretty good adaptation.

Edited by FujiSkunk