IGNORED

This is sad

tep392

please excuse the poor quality pic.

I saw this light sixer screwed to a wall at a local TGI Friday's. I guess the interior designer thought this was a good use for a vintage game system. To make it worse, the shell is in beautiful condition but they destroyed it by driving two huge screws through the top.

post-24519-0-43952300-1317142421_thumb.jpg

I doubt the board was pulled out, especially if there's a cartridge stuck in it.

..Al

Could be glued in place . . . I mean they did just stick some screws through it . . .

You think that's bad? How do you think Shatner, Wonder Woman, or that big fish feel?

AX

I don't know . . . Wonder Woman might enjoy that . . . :cool:

Edited by disjaukifa

Every TGI Friday's has one of these, actually, if I recall properly from what others said in previous threads. I believe it's part of the national decor standards. I should contract with them to put lamps in their stores, at least lamps are better than just bolting them to the wall! :D

Thoughts... I once wanted to save all the retro computer and gaming stuff, but I, and you, and all the other gamers out there can't save every last bit of whatever out there. ESPECIALLY the 2600 where those were made from 1977 till what? 1984-1985 for that model?

Look at it this way: someone will see that 2600, remember their childhood, or maybe even get inspired to look into the Atari again. Checks ebay or local flea market, buys a Atari, and bammo! A new Atari fan.

That one 2600 on a wall could do more for Atari gaming now than a bunch of horded Atari's in a closet, shed, or attic somewhere collecting dust.

• Like 6

Thoughts... I once wanted to save all the retro computer and gaming stuff, but I, and you, and all the other gamers out there can't save every last bit of whatever out there. ESPECIALLY the 2600 where those were made from 1977 till what? 1984-1985 for that model?

Look at it this way: someone will see that 2600, remember their childhood, or maybe even get inspired to look into the Atari again. Checks ebay or local flea market, buys a Atari, and bammo! A new Atari fan.

That one 2600 on a wall could do more for Atari gaming now than a bunch of horded Atari's in a closet, shed, or attic somewhere collecting dust.

I'm into silver linings too. Maybe someone will remember that they got some stuff in their attic, bust it out play it for a bit then pass it on in some way.