IGNORED

Everdrive MD / Everdrive SMS Questions

Tempest

I am seriously looking into getting an Everdrive for my SMS.

Retrogate claims to have them in stock for $77 dollars, but that's just for the board.

Warners Retro corner has them for 65 pounds, but again, just for the board.

Kitsch-Bent has them for $92, again, just the board.

Stone Age Gamers website doesn't seem to say whether they are in stock or not and the price is $0?

I'm not the type to try and mod a cart casing to hold this, tho if I knew how I guess I would. Mainly tho I'd be willin to pay a little extra for one already in a case.

Plus on Stone AgeGamers website I was given the impression that I can't update the cart myself? is this true? if so I'll wait till the most complete update is standard before buying one!

I am not seeing where you are getting $0. If I go to site right now and click on EverDrive-MD banner it shows 2 versions. Both are back ordered. Maybe there was an issue with the site at the time.

We sell 3 versions of EverDrive-MD:

1. Board Only
  2. Deluxe Edition - Complete with cart, 2GB SD card, case, manual, etc.
  3. Crimson Edition - Custom red cart, 4GB SD card, case manual, etc. (this is more of collector's edition)

As for updates. This confuses a lot of people and I do understand why because it is hard to make clear. There are two different software that run the EverDrive-MD. The firmware and the OS. These are NOT the same. Firmware handles low level stuff where as most features and the interface are handled via the OS. The OS can easily be updated yourself through the Tools menu. The firmware requires a Altera USB Blaster to update it. So without that no you can't update the firmware yourself (you can get them for $10 off eBay). HOWEVER, the firmware is very stable and has not been updated in a very long time because there has been no need to. If any new features are added 95% of the time it will be through the OS.

Thanks for the info Stoney, I went to your site again and this time took a screen shot showing the same thing, no stock info @ $0.I dont know whats up there. But I am interested in getting the deluxe edition.

*edit Just noticed that was for just the update, not the everdrive itself, and I can't find the everdrive itself... I tried clicked Master Everdrive on the left and that was all I get...

post-1745-0-30313500-1322174026_thumb.jpg

Edited by Torr

Thanks for the info Stoney, I went to your site again and this time took a screen shot showing the same thing, no stock info @ $0.I dont know whats up there. But I am interested in getting the deluxe edition.

*edit Just noticed that was for just the update, not the everdrive itself, and I can't find the everdrive itself... I tried clicked Master Everdrive on the left and that was all I get...

My apologies I didn't know you were looking for Master EverDrive, I thought you were looking for EverDrive-MD. Site software does not list out of stock items and currently the Master EverDrive is out of stock.

Crap, just my luck.

The Master Everdrive was gonna be my Xmas present to myself this year, gonna have to find one somewhere...

Plus I have a Hang-On/Safari hunt cart that's useless since my SMS has it built in, so if I have to mod, that'll be that cart I do it to.

*edit* Technically I've never been able to verify the cart even works cause even if the cart failed to boot it'd still load Hang-On/Safari Hunt from the BIOS!!

*double edit* At the same time, an Everdrive MD would still be quite nice to have too, but I REALLY wanted an SMS one...

*triple edit* this is starting to get ridiculous but I hate double posting, so as a final question, Don't the MegaDrive (pal) and Genesis (ntsc) have different shaped cart slots? if so, would it come in a pal or ntsc cart shell? I have an NTSC system and would hate to get it and find out it doesn't fit in my system...

Edited by Torr

Couldn't edit my original post anymore so I had to start a new one...

When playing SMS games on an Everdrive MD;

Is the Pause button mapped to the Start button of a Genny controller?

More importantly, playing 3-D games, obviously I can't plug my 3-D glasses into the thing, but If I say plugged my 3-D glasses into an SMS, turned it on, let the glasses start flicking open/shut then start playing a 3-D game on the Everdrive MD, would that work? or do the glasses require info from the 3-D cart itself to sync up the flickering? I assume it must need some kind of calibration to sync it up...

If I can't play my 3-D games, the Everdrive MD will NOT be an option for me personally... untill I actually want it for Genny games, and I'm more of an SMS fan anyway, so thats why I wanted a Master Everdrive in the place.

on a side note, what would happen if you could somehow reverse the sync? would you get some kinda Negative 3-D image??? :)

*triple edit* this is starting to get ridiculous but I hate double posting, so as a final question, Don't the MegaDrive (pal) and Genesis (ntsc) have different shaped cart slots? if so, would it come in a pal or ntsc cart shell? I have an NTSC system and would hate to get it and find out it doesn't fit in my system...

IIRC, it's only the Japanese cart shape that won't fit in the Genesis (I'm not at home to check my one PAL game). But it's a non-issue anyway, since if you buy the bare board you can put it in whatever shell you want, and if you buy a pre-fabbed cart it'll surely be in a shell from a domestic donor, i.e. with the US form factor.

When playing SMS games on an Everdrive MD;

Is the Pause button mapped to the Start button of a Genny controller?

No, it's attached to the physical cartridge.

More importantly, playing 3-D games, obviously I can't plug my 3-D glasses into the thing, but If I say plugged my 3-D glasses into an SMS, turned it on, let the glasses start flicking open/shut then start playing a 3-D game on the Everdrive MD, would that work?

Huh, that's a very clever idea! I have no idea if that would work. I'm not immediately seeing a way to use the 3-D glasses with the EverDrive MD otherwise, since you can't plug it into the Power Base Converter.

Yeah problem is the Master EverDrive isn't a very hot seller since EverDrive-MD can play most SMS games and since it uses many of same parts of other EverDrives I think it gets last priority in production. KRIKzz just doesn't make very many, its not that I don't want them its just he doesn't send me very many because he just doesn't make many.

I haven't heard of anyone getting 3D to work on Genesis.

• 3 weeks later...