Prince of Persia (another Poll)

José Pereira

Conver PoP from wich version?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Wich looking in A8 you prefer?

• This one from C64
    • This one from Apple2

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Hm, c64 have better graphics, many many people have more than 320kb ram ;)

Memory would be hard to get into a single Load 64Kb. evenusing the Apple2, I think...

You have to always add the PMs. to the soft sprite/chars only of the Apple2 version.

And like this, why have the anwfull Apple2 when A8 haven't 6colours but 16 with 8luminances on each in a 160x wide Resolution...

Strange that people always talking about A8 Pallete and then some prefer Apple (or a BBC game) looking.

About Memory there are ways to get that...

C64 does that, we can also go for that... there's carts.

With two hundreds, more or less, sprite frames it sure will be the best way. You will never get it in A8 in 64Kbs. in any of the versions you select to convert.

Edited by José Pereira

You thinking about make game like POP? use 320kb or 1-4mb ram, today every atarian have minimal 320kb ram.. im not coder, but if i could be, i made games for 320kb-1mb ram atari.. nothing bad to you, im just thought about that.

Edited by w1k

Btw: There is a solution for a "from C64" conversion. It's called interlace ;)

Emkay, where did you need Interlace?

That's simply 4colours Gfxs.

The Torches/Fire are already 'PMed'

Emkay came on, it's possible to get the two guys moving as soft sprites with PMs. overlay.

I am starting to be a little bit '...' with you.

Why no one says something?

There's no problem in having those Pillars Masking soft sprites as the screens are static. It's just a question of have this in the coding/on each screen/at a concrete position.

-> Soft sprite with PM overderlay moving it's simply to do..

All the Pillars are equal Gfxs. pixels in each screen (same as climbing when the Wall is on the right)...

So, that (xpos,yPos chars/Tiles) will have priority over soft sprites... Pillars are large Blocks that are in the game map 'as special' (cannot get a right word to name this), each time a Player get this (x,y) it simply has the Pillar is a Soft Sprite that goes over the others ones (the guys ones).

Pillars are Soft Sprites that will 'LDA/AND/OR/STA' with the soft sprites.

But only if there would be guys passing there, if not they are just Gfxs. Bitmap bytes...

Now PMs overlays, they are above and Oring PFs, if there are cycles we have to 'erase' each bit of the Player byte each time the guy gets behind the wall.

It's not some pixels erase and others at the same xPos not, it's all higher pixels at that xPos.

When a Player gets 1pixel behind the Wall then all it's Player pixels all higher must be masked.

Simply would be, for example,Player0 goes Left->Right:

-> Start at x=0 (11111111)--- PILLAR at x=11

-> 2nd pos x=1 (11111111)-- PILLAR at x=11

-> 3rd posi. x=2 (11111111)- PILLAR at x=11

-> 4th positio x=3 (11111111)PILLAR at x=11

-> 5th position x=4 (11111110)PILlAR above

-> 6th position_x=5 (11111100) PILLAR above

-> 7th position__x=6 (11111000)PILLAR above

And soo on...

You can have this pre-defined in the code. it's a static screen and you know always, exactly where are the xPos of the Pillars.

But you also know more you know Pillar(x,y)Top start untill Pillar(x,y)Bottom End

What's the problem here if there are cycles?

And there are cycles for that, and for sure even in 25fps if not 50fps.

Edited by José Pereira

Btw: There is a solution for a "from C64" conversion. It's called interlace ;)

Emkay, where did you need Interlace?

That's simply 4colours Gfxs.

The Torches/Fire are already 'PMed'

Emkay came on, it's possible to get the two guys moving as soft sprites with PMs. overlay.

In a linear framebuffer mode surely possible.

I am starting to be a little bit '...' with you.

Why no one says something?

There's no problem in having those Pillars Masking soft sprites as the screens are static. It's just a question of have this in the coding/on each screen/at a concrete position.

José , you're such enthusiastic on doing stuff for the A8. Why don't YOU actually start coding. As you seem to have the time for this ?

-> Soft sprite with PM overderlay moving it's simply to do..

All the Pillars are equal Gfxs. pixels in each screen (same as climbing when the Wall is on the right)...

So, that (xpos,yPos chars/Tiles) will have priority over soft sprites... Pillars are large Blocks that are in the game map 'as special' (cannot get a right word to name this), each time a Player get this (x,y) it simply has the Pillar is a Soft Sprite that goes over the others ones (the guys ones).

Pillars are Soft Sprites that will 'LDA/AND/OR/STA' with the soft sprites.

But only if there would be guys passing there, if not they are just Gfxs. Bitmap bytes...

Now PMs overlays, they are above and Oring PFs, if there are cycles we have to 'erase' each bit of the Player byte each time the guy gets behind the wall.

It's not some pixels erase and others at the same xPos not, it's all higher pixels at that xPos.

When a Player gets 1pixel behind the Wall then all it's Player pixels all higher must be masked.

Simply would be, for example,Player0 goes Left->Right:

-> Start at x=0 (11111111)--- PILLAR at x=11

-> 2nd pos x=1 (11111111)-- PILLAR at x=11

-> 3rd posi. x=2 (11111111)- PILLAR at x=11

-> 4th positio x=3 (11111111)PILLAR at x=11

-> 5th position x=4 (11111110)PILlAR above

-> 6th position_x=5 (11111100) PILLAR above

-> 7th position__x=6 (11111000)PILLAR above

And soo on...

what's the problem here if there are cycles?

And more:

Compare this and karateka.:

-> Karateka 4colours GR.15 Bitmap Mode and one DLI on the PFs, PoP same GR.15 but 4or5DLIs. on PMs. (Torches/DLI/Enemy/DLI/Torches)

-> Karateka guys as, more or less, the same size but there's no scrolling in PoP

-> Karatekais scrolling in software, I think, then see how many cycles you have to get all that screen 182scanlines moving.

PoP don't have scrolling, Like that, imagine the large number of cycles you'll win

This winning cycles are the ones you'll need for the PMs. underlays and Masking.

And, by the way, Emkay you don't need those GR.7 with your usually Digi Music talking. PoP isn't for Music in-game, it's for those Sword, Metalic and drinking ;) . I think there's no need to worry in having a large number of cycles for sounds.

What you want to say with that?

you're such enthusiastic on doing stuff for the A8. Why don't YOU actually start coding. As you seem to have the time for this ?

And imagine you with all your knowledge?

And aren't you also here many, many hours...?

I prefer, by now get this kind of things.

I have games with some coders... I think I am best in doing this things.

And there are coders that appreciate my work and many need Gfxs guys as they also need Musicsians guys ;)

Edited by José Pereira

No Charmode.

Emkay I am saying it's Bitmap GR.15 from almost the begining in the two Threads and repeating in almost all of my posts.

Exactly from Page2 of the other Thread it's post nº42:

Posted Today, 4:32 AM

This one seems the same as the previous one:

post-6517-0-67304800-1318303734_thumb.png

But it isn't!

this one have a small/little change that make it possible to be in Bitmap Mode and easilly port all the Gfxs./game Map from C64.

:arrow:

Try to guess where's the diference, what I've done and why?

:?

The guys sprites by now can be the same (I am doing a Marathon this Evening to see the C64 Hundreds of frames of all guys to see if I can get them with this looking).

Now we have screen in just 4colours GR.15 Bitmap Mode exactly like C64.

Still need, and no way to be different in having the guys with two PMs. overlays eachone.

But now we have many more cycles available.

No Charmode.

Emkay I am saying it's Bitmap GR.15 from almost the begining in the two Threads and repeating in almost all of my posts.

But it isn't!

this one have a small/little change that make it possible to be in Bitmap Mode and easilly port all the Gfxs./game Map from C64.

The guys sprites by now can be the same (I am doing a Marathon this Evening to see the C64 Hundreds of frames of all guys to see if I can get them with this looking).

Still need, and no way to be different in having the guys with two PMs. overlays eachone.

So, why did you ask?

No Charmode.

But it isn't!

So, why did you ask?

Because you were comtinue with your Apple2 sort off/White here and there/PMs. underlays/...

To get this clearly, GR.15 and it could be like the C64 type screen I posted here (soft sprites with PMs. overlays)?

Emkay, what's your opinion?

Others opinion also welcome ;) ...