IGNORED

Boulder Dash(R) Label Contest!

Albert

AtariAge and First Star Software, Inc. are hosting a box and label design competition for the recently announced Boulder Dash® Atari 2600 port (see detailed news here)! The winning design will be featured on the game cartridge, the manual, and the box. Plans are to release the AtariAge version of Boulder Dash® in time for Christmas. Now you can be a part of the effort to bring about this highly anticipated release!

The winner of the contest will receive a copy of Boulder Dash® in cartridge form with box and manual, featuring their winning label design, signed by Andrew, Thomas, Albert, and Richard M. Spitalny (president of First Star Software, Inc.) The winner will also receive a $50 gift certificate in the AtariAge Store. The contest will run until 11:59pm (CST), Sunday, November 27th, 2011 and all submissions must be received by this time! After the contest has ended, AtariAge, First Star Software, Thomas Jentzsch and Andrew Davie will select one of the entries as the label to be used for Boulder Dash®.

Full details about how to enter the contest are here! Good luck, and we look forward to seeing your entries!

Boulder Dash® Label Contest

Note! The contest has been extended another week and now ends on November 27th, 2011. This will give everyone an extra week. Those in the US can potentially benefit from some time off from work due to the Thanksgiving holiday!

So, by "AtariAge", does that mean there will be a poll for us to vote on our favorite label?

No, I've tried that in the past and it didn't work out so well (people were caught voting multiple times for their own label). The decision will be made by myself, Andrew, Thomas, and First Star Software.

..Al

Point of clarification -

The winner of the contest will receive a copy of Boulder Dash® in cartridge form, featuring their winning label design, signed by Andrew, Thomas, Albert, and Richard M. Spitalny (president of First Star Software, Inc.)

Is that a boxed copy, or cartridge only?

I have a pretty good idea in my head, but I don't know if I'll have time to make it. Either way, I'm sure with such big boppers in the art world such as Nathan and Brian O participating, my idea wouldn't win anyway! ;) I can't wait to see the contest entries, there's always some VERY cool stuff!

I have a pretty good idea in my head, but I don't know if I'll have time to make it. Either way, I'm sure with such big boppers in the art world such as Nathan and Brian O participating, my idea wouldn't win anyway! ;) I can't wait to see the contest entries, there's always some VERY cool stuff!

You should enter anyway, you never know! And it's fun to look at all the designs. :)

..Al

You should always enter. You can never predict what they will like.

At the moment, I have yet to decide whether I'll be able to enter or not. I'd like to, but two weeks isn't much time, and I have other commitments brewing at the moment which have to take precedent.

Well, my idea very much so borders on copyright infringement of a couple different IPs, so I don't think First Star would approve of it anyway. Granted, it could fall under 'parody', but still.... :ponder: I might see if I can scrape up the time for something, but I'm in the same boat as you are -- zero free time available to do much more than post about it.