IGNORED

Limited Edition of Sturmwind for DC now available for pre-order!

Redspotgames and Duranik have announced a Limited Edition of Sturmwind for Dreamcast:

It definitely isn't cheap but looks impressive enough!

Sturmwind_Dreamcast_Limited_Edition_01-300x203.jpg

Sturmwind_Dreamcast_Limited_Edition_02-300x168.jpg

Sturmwind_Dreamcast_Standard_Edition-300x211.jpg

For those who pre-ordered the standard edition as I had, you can cancel that order to pick up this version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxWTVuJqS-U&feature=player_embedded

The release date has been pushed back yet again to 12/22/2011. I can wait an additional month to get all the extra goodies just in time for Christmas!

-Trem

• Like 1

awesome!

I cannot wait to play this :)

to bring a bit of relevance to an Atari site about this game… Duranik were the folks who were working on the Atari jaguar shooter 'Native' many years ago… such a shame that game was never completed… but this here is the spiritual successor and the closest we will have to Jaguar Native!

This looks completely awesome. And maybe, just maybe, fun for someone who's not great at shooters (doesn't appear to be _too_ bullet hell esque).

I would also love to hear pricing info; also...

Will this play on any old Dreamcast, or do I need a modded one, or one made before or after a certain date? My DC is still my launch day one :).

The game is self-booting and region free!

Standard Edition: €34.95 (~$47 USD)

Limited Edition: €69.95 (~94 USD)

(Conversion of price as of 11/21/2011)

Features:

• 16 Levels
  • 3 selectable difficulty levels
  • Configurable controls
  • Adjustable screen position
  • Different weapons selectable
  • More than 20 large bossenemies
  • Hundreds of different enemies
  • FMV intro sequence
  • Hybrid 2d/3d game engine
  • Resolution 640x480
  • PAL50, PAL60, NTSC and VGA (with Adapter) compatible
  • Region Free
  • Works with any MIL-CD compatible Dreamcast
  • CDDA Sound
  • Supports: Joypad, Arcade Stick (Analog/Digital), VMU, Rumble Pack (configurable)
  • Internet WEBcode Hiscore Tables
  • Award Trophy System with unlockable content

I already own a couple of games from RedSpotGames and their stuff is top notch!

Oh, this blows. I so can't rationalize this, but I SO WANTS IT. It's so preciousssss....

Anyone have experience with Rush Rush Rally? Looks interesting but possibly beyond my skill level...

I just watched the trailer for it. Looks right up my alley. I might try to pick that up too, me and my housemates will have a hoot!

• 4 weeks later...

Just got an email from Red Spot Games saying that Sturmwind has been delayed.

Here's a copy of the text from the email in english:

Sadly the production of Sturmwind has seen some complications. We a very sorry we have to bring you this news. Nevertheless we would like to thank everyone who is interested in Sturmwind for their continuous faith in this ambitious Indie project. You keep this project going. Diese Meldung ist auch in Deutsch verfügbar (siehe unten). (English) Production complications: Sturmwind is about to be delayed In spite of best planing, the release of Sturmwind has to be postponed: Our long-term CD-ROM manufacturer surprisingly had to declare bankruptcy after 19 years in business. From 40 employees only a few remained. Therefore this resulted in the situation that the scheduled delivery date for Sturmwind could not be met in the end. The only possibility has been to relocate the production - to avoid further delays of the bankrupt facility. Nevertheless items like the spaceship models have been completely manufactured already. Our new partner is one of the largest videogame CD / DVD press plants in Europe with over 50 years of experience in medium production. In the meanwhile we already placed our production order for Sturmwind. The release date is set to TBA ("to be announced") consequently. Details are currently clarified between redspotgames, Duranik and the new facility. Also we are arranging material for another announcement with more exact information within December, which will be after Christmas however. All orders in the redspotgames online shop will remain valid.

Is there any other place to order the limited edition from? I had major problems ordering the Rush Rush Rally Racing limited edition from Red Spot Games in Germany. It tooks months to get straightened out.

I don't know of any, but I assume that if there was they would be getting it from Red Spot Games anyway. So either way, you would be paying for something from Red Spot Games.

I don't mind purchasing a Red Spot Games product, but I would rather not deal with them directly if given the opportunity.

You are absolutely right. I changed my order from regular to collector's edition box after they announced it and promised to refund the already made payment for the regular version. So I paid for the CE and of course, I've got no refund by now and no response on any emails from me. So I canceled the CE as well as the regular version and now I am waiting for a refund. I hope I don't have to go through the Paypal process to get my money. I will still buy the game, but not through them.

...I've got no refund by now and no response on any emails from me.

That's a shame because the games look excellent.

I don't mind purchasing a Red Spot Games product, but I would rather not deal with them directly if given the opportunity.

I see there is a seller on ebay also: http://www.ebay.nl/s...1.c0.m270.l1313 But I cannot access this page from www.ebay.com (change .nl to .com) so probably they wont ship overseas, but you can ask them nicely ofcourse...

Edited by roland p

• 1 month later...

Just an update on Sturmwind, or really, an update of lack of updates. It's been over a month since anyone has heard anything from Red Spot Games, which is pretty bad since it was announced that we would be getting an announcement between the dates of Dec25 and Dec31 about what was happening with Sturmwind. Apparently, they're not even replying to customer emails about their products.