IGNORED

Atari800Win PLus 4.1 beta 2

Jaskier

Hi everyone!

The majority of you probably doesn't recognise me. I haven't been on this forum for a few years.

I found a little time and made new build of Atari800Win PLus. Maybe somebody still uses it?

It's based on atari800 2.2.1 kernel. There is a lot of changes between this version and 2.0.3 on which 4.1 beta 1 has been based. Since all the sources have over 100.000 lines of code I am unable to track all the changes, so this build contains probably much more errors than the previous one.

If anybody want's to try it. The exe file can be downloaded from github:

https://github.com/J...-PLus/downloads

This file should be copied onto existing file in Atari800Win install directory.

If you want to express your joy... you are kindly welcome. Just write it below.

If you want to submit bugs... you are still kindly welcome. On this forum or on github.

If you want to request new features... you are... well... uhm... still welcome, but I cannot promise anything.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I hope you like my present.

• Like 1

What would really help it's cause is better graphics options.

The window sizes available were well and good when we had 17" CRTs running at 1024x768 but just don't cut it with todays monitors.

Of course, freestyle stretching like Altirra offers would be fantastic.

I still use A800Win+ on occasion - it has certain advantages like the 4 H: devices and a generally much faster turbo mode.

The new stretching filters are of course planned. I have now only 2x2 but I hope I will add 3x3 and 4x4.

Since I'm using own filters not DirectX filters it's hard to make free zoom feature like in Altirra.

It's newer emu so it's obviously better. Like C64 compared to Amiga. Less bad choices.

Yeah, the directory dialog should appear.

For me this function freezes the emu for ~15 sec and returns an error about not able to search network drives. Then it works O.K. Anyway there is no such a thing like searching for network drives in code. Something weird is happening there.

What about playing sound through waveout or directsound? On my Vista i cannot choose waveout. Maybe it's due to my soundcard (Asus Xonar D1)?

I still like the responsive key repeat in Atari800WinPlus. Altirra lags a bit on my six year old PC, which is about the only negative thing I can say about that emulator. :)

Anyway, this version of AtariWin still crashes when I try to open the file selector for the H: path selection.

Edited by flashjazzcat

There is new version beta 3 posted on github.

Changes:

-no crash on setting the palette

-no garbled text after pressing F9 (pause)

-small changes in choose the directory dialog. Probably doesn't fix the crash (this problem I cannot reproduce), but maybe it helps some people (Mclaneinc, flashjazzcat) locating the problem?

Jaskier, Atari win seem to have an issue with a USB HD, the rom search now pops up with the new beta and it will find the roms but when you click ok the emulator goes into a crash state. If I path the roms via my internal HD all is ok....

Very odd, I'm on Win 7 with the UAC turned off.

Edited by Mclaneinc

I can not get this to print to file or to the printer either. with basic I get error 138 -Timeout. and with DOS copy file to P: error out.

I noticed that now with this update that I can L (load) and executable file (xex,com,exe,obj,obx) from MyDOS menu from the H devices.

Thank You!

Edited by rdea6

Got the file browser crash in the debugger with Page Heap enabled. I wasn't able to reproduce it on a VS2010 build and I don't have MFC installed for VS2005, so I had to track it down in your binary. The problem is that the call to IShellFolder::EnumObjects() in CShellTree::FillTreeView() is returning S_FALSE and thus the routine is crashing trying to call Next() on a null pointer.

By the way, the VS2010 project is broken -- .vcxproj is missing. I just converted the VS2005 one instead.

Thanks phaeron! Why it didn't ever happen in previous builds in VS2003?

And who could expect that EnumObjects returns 0 on success and 1 on failure ;) Who crated this... wait... it's Microsoft, isn't it?

I've uploaded beta 4 on github. Changelog:

-Probably fixed the crash in directory pick dialog :?

-Turned on the option of SYNCHRONIZED_SOUND in atari800 engine, this should produce the sound exact up to a tick of the Atari clock, (but I cannot hear the difference).

-Slight changes in emulator synchronization in DirectSound mode. Maybe it can reduce some cracks of sound?

If there will be no more complains I will soon release official version 4.1. New features are postponed since I have some personal matters to attend to. I will come back to coding in February.

Thanks phaeron! Why it didn't ever happen in previous builds in VS2003?

And who could expect that EnumObjects returns 0 on success and 1 on failure ;) Who crated this... wait... it's Microsoft, isn't it?

I've uploaded beta 4 on github. Changelog:

-Probably fixed the crash in directory pick dialog :?

-Turned on the option of SYNCHRONIZED_SOUND in atari800 engine, this should produce the sound exact up to a tick of the Atari clock, (but I cannot hear the difference).

-Slight changes in emulator synchronization in DirectSound mode. Maybe it can reduce some cracks of sound?

If there will be no more complains I will soon release official version 4.1. New features are postponed since I have some personal matters to attend to. I will come back to coding in February.

I can not get this to print to file or to the printer either. with basic I get error 138 -Timeout. and with DOS copy file to P: error out.

I noticed that now with this update that I can L (load) and executable file (xex,com,exe,obj,obx) from MyDOS menu from the H: devices.

Thank You!

Still not able to use the print feature. I can set the select dialogue but I get error 138.. This might be related to the new kernal 2.2.1.

Edited by rdea6