IGNORED

How to Self-Destruct your Company

Metal Ghost

Yeah, I was pretty amazed when I saw that. I've run into that kind of guy before, but in the pre-Internet days. Name-dropping, pseudo tough guys who try to bully their customers into submission. It was nice to see this guy get his comeuppance, thanks to the Internet.

Well, I know one gaming product I'm never going to buy.

Of course I like to hold my controllers the way many highly paid engineers intended for me to.

I remember reading an internet rant--probably over a decade ago now--about (and I'm paraphrasing) 'people who hold their controllers like mommy never gave them enough attention.' It's odd what sticks with you over the years.

Edited by Reaperman

The sad part about this is the 'shotgun' effect. I'm not saying that the guy didn't deserve all the flack he got, and he got what was coming to him. But in the end Ocean was just the PR company handling sales and marketing for the controller add-on. This is a great idea, a controller add-on to help handicaped kids, and others who want a more confertable controller for their 360/XBox. The guy made a company to sell these, and another company is making them. Both these companies are now taking HUGE flack, and really bad PR images, cause they made a bad choice about who to hire as a PR company. Sad, really. Just check out their Amazon page to see how this has been taken to a new level. Hopefully, this will be a lesson for many people and it will blow over and the product will do well, but this shows both the good and bad of what the net can do.

Sad, really. Just check out their Amazon page to see how this has been taken to a new level.

Can you link to the page? Not sure what company you are refering to. Ocean Marketing? Xtendplay? In any case, you're right. One turd can spoil the whole soup!!

Has his family recieved such things? Other than a line in his email apology (That spent half the time trying to shift the blame to the poor guy that emailed him with a fair question) that said his family was being dragged into it, I saw nothing that would indicate such a thing at that link.

I wouldn't worry about it. It's very likely it isn't even the case.

Has his family recieved such things? Other than a line in his email apology (That spent half the time trying to shift the blame to the poor guy that emailed him with a fair question) that said his family was being dragged into it, I saw nothing that would indicate such a thing at that link.

I wouldn't worry about it. It's very likely it isn't even the case.

I know so because I am in a few arguments with a few people from a reply i made on youtube (to not drag his family into this) to a few hoping harm to his kid and his family. If someone is doing this on youtube you can bet that they have done this in email. And these people see it as a decloration of war against gamers. Edited by madmax2069

I think this thing has blown too far out of hand when his family starts receving flack and threats. Some people just cant draw a line.

Threats are probably over the line but flack? I suspect that his wife has made some pretty poor choices with her life, and I feel that it's fair to remind her of that. On the other hand, anything that would give Christoforo anything resembling a moral high ground should be discouraged.

It wouldn't really surprise me if I heard that some of the more extreme comments/threats were made by himself under alternate accounts.

Also, is it wrong for a good part of me to hope the internet continues to follow his professional career until he's beyond ruined?

Edited by Reaperman

I suspect that his wife has made some pretty poor choices with her life, and I feel that it's fair to remind her of that.

Her or their kids life choices has nothing to do with this issue and should be left alone regardless. her or their kid isn't the one that caused all this in the first place.

Ruining a mans career does not mean its ok to ruin the mans family. I am all for ruining his career, but dead set against dragging his family into this, its morally wrong on every level.

It wouldn't really surprise me if I heard that some of the more extreme comments/threats were made by himself under alternate accounts

Maybe he did do a few, but there are people that would harm him and his entire family if they had the chance. There is a lot of people out in the world that have flaws in their logic, OMG he was rude to a few people, kill him his wife and his child, Its downright wrong and everyone that has any sort of sanity knows. Ruining a mans career is one thing, but putting the blame on his family for this is wrong.

You obviously haven't looked at some of the comments on his youtube videos, there are plenty of people threatening harm to his family, and these users accounts are legit (if these people said this on youtube, you can bet they did it in email as well). I received a backlash from quite a few people in my reply to leave his family out of this, these people are deranged, These people are far worse then what This man is.

Edited by madmax2069

Christoforo had past issues and problems that I am sure if N-Control had researched a bit more before hand they would have never considered him in the first place.

It seems he is continuing his behavior:

After Meltdown, Former N-Control PR Rep Attempting to Extort Company

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/after_meltdown_former_n-control_pr_rep_attempting_extort_company

Here in the USA, the only thing we like seeing more than the underdog win....is to see a roided-out, name dropping, pushy, unapologetic, type-A, bully, douchebag LOSE!!!(Especially amongst the gaming community...I mean let's face it....this guy is the embodiment of a gamer's ultimate nemesis)

What seals the awesome deal is that he's a "customer service" type. Who among us has not dealt with the modern day version (read..bastardization) of customer service? Its as if the definition of the phrase has actually changed to mean the exact opposite of what it used to.

burn baby burn.

Bob

• Like 4