IGNORED

ColecoVision & ADAM Cartridge Rarity List v2.0

NIAD

I spent some time making further additions and updates to my Rarity List the past week and feel that there have been enough changes to warrant posting this updated file for everyone's benefit. Some of the updates that have been included in this version are:

:arrow: All the latest Homebrew releases made before the end of 2011 by CollectorVision and Team PixelBoy.

:arrow: All box variations of games released by CollectorVision.

:arrow: All the latest demo rom files and freely released rom files

:arrow: The start of trying to complete the listings of CBS Software titles with product numbers and which of the four CBS box variations were used. I could use some help from someone who is a lot more familiar with these releases in order to set Rarity values.

:arrow: All the known controllers released as well as other accessories have their own section, both original releases from the 80's and newer homebrew creations.

:arrow: Also, further corrections and missing info.

Enjoy and, as usual, if you see any errors or can provide further info that can be added, please do so here in this thread.

Happy New Year!

ColecoVision & ADAM Cartridge Collector Rarity List v2.00 (2012) (NIAD).zip

• Like 3

Thanks! Now I know why I haven't been able to find CIB copies of Bump 'n' Jump, Congo Bongo, Mr. Do!'s Castle, Spy Hunter, and Up 'N' Down. :)

Yeah, those are some tough CIBs to be had and when they do show up for auction on eBay or for sale by others means, they will draw a lot of interest and make a nice dent in the old pocket book.

A very impresive list. Obviously you have done a lot of research on this. But I have a question concerning Star Trek SOS, and forgive me if it is covered in your list, I haven't looked through it all yet. I could swear that back in the day there were keypad overlays for the original Coleco controllers as well as the Super Action controllers for this game. The reason I remember is because I never owned the SAC's until later, so I could swear that they existed for the regular controllers. Can anyone confirm this?

Edited by 65Gamerguy

Thanks! Now I know why I haven't been able to find CIB copies of Bump 'n' Jump, Congo Bongo, Mr. Do!'s Castle, Spy Hunter, and Up 'N' Down. :)

Yeah, those are some tough CIBs to be had and when they do show up for auction on eBay or for sale by others means, they will draw a lot of interest and make a nice dent in the old pocket book.

Sounds like they'll be one-at-a-time purchases for me. So naturally all five will show up on eBay within a week or two of each other. ;)

A very impresive list. Obviously you have done a lot of research on this. But I have a question concerning Star Trek SOS, and forgive me if it is covered in your list, I haven't looked through it all yet. I could swear that back in the day there were keypad overlays for the original Coleco controllers as well as the Super Action controllers for this game. The reason I remember is because I never owned the SAC's until later, so I could swear that they existed for the regular controllers. Can anyone confirm this?

Spyhunter has Super and regular overlays but StarTrek only has Super. It is possible that some homebrewer later created regular since I hear a lot of overlays were created for different games years ago but I was not around during that time so do not know if anyone created one or not.

Sounds like they'll be one-at-a-time purchases for me. So naturally all five will show up on eBay within a week or two of each other. ;)

Bump'N Jump and Congo Bongo will be the cheapest of the five and I have seen them sell in the $30-$40 range. Spy Hunter is becoming a very hard one to come by CIB and currently it will usually run about $70. Mr.'s Do's! Castle is about an $80 game and Up'n Down will usually top $100... even though I got lucky a couple months ago and got one for $75. A little bit of luck goes a long way!

I hear you concerning a bunch of them showing up all at once or close together especially when you know how infrequently some of these CIB games show up.

Spyhunter has Super and regular overlays but StarTrek only has Super. It is possible that some homebrewer later created regular since I hear a lot of overlays were created for different games years ago but I was not around during that time so do not know if anyone created one or not.

I haven't come across a Hand Controller Star Trek Homebrew overlay, but that doesn't mean one wasn't made. The only other possibility is that eColeco (ADAM's House back then) might have made one, but I'm pretty sure that they only reproduced overlays that where already in existence.

Bump'N Jump and Congo Bongo will be the cheapest of the five and I have seen them sell in the $30-$40 range. Spy Hunter is becoming a very hard one to come by CIB and currently it will usually run about $70. Mr.'s Do's! Castle is about an $80 game and Up'n Down will usually top $100... even though I got lucky a couple months ago and got one for $75. A little bit of luck goes a long way!

Wow, thanks for all the info on current pricing!

I hear you concerning a bunch of them showing up all at once or close together especially when you know how infrequently some of these CIB games show up.

I can't imagine getting a $70 CIB Spy Hunter unless the box was trashed like one I saw on Ebay a few months back. I would think it would get $150 BIN all day long and twice on Sunday, in fact I would think Do's Castle and Up N' Down could also fetch around $125 to $150 each.

Just double checked what I recently paid for Spy Hunter CIB thru www.atai2600.com and it was a bit more ($84.95) and Mr. Do's! Castle CIB was listed by them a number of months ago for $80.95... so I would consider these the RETAIL price. It is an entirely different story when an item shows up on eBAY and there are no others to be had elsewhere... then it becomes a bidding war and the final auction price really isn't reflextive of the actual value in my opinion.

I am all for the prices on the CIBs that I have being more as you listed, however!!! :D

I haven't come across a Hand Controller Star Trek Homebrew overlay, but that doesn't mean one wasn't made. The only other possibility is that eColeco (ADAM's House back then) might have made one, but I'm pretty sure that they only reproduced overlays that where already in existence.

Thanks for the reply but I bought Star Trek when it first came out, in 84 or so, before I even knew of ADAM's house and I could swear that the game had overlays for the original controllers. I didn't own the Super Action Controllers at the time I purchased this game and I recall playing it with the original controllers. Maybe my memory isn't as good as I would like to admit, but I sure seem to recall this.

Thanks again.

Edited by 65Gamerguy

Thanks for the reply but I bought Star Trek when it first came out, in 84 or so, before I even knew of ADAM's house and I could swear that the game had overlays for the original controllers. I didn't own the Super Action Controllers at the time I purchased this game and I recall playing it with the original controllers. Maybe my memory isn't as good as I would like to admit, but I sure seem to recall this.

Thanks again.

Nope, I have the CIB it does not have regular overlays, only Super Action overlays. I am sure you can play the game with your regular controller, it just doesn't have regular overlays.

Maybe you made your own overlay when you figured out how to play with your regular controller.

Jim, thanks for such an incredible list. I'm going to use it as the basis for cataloguing my games collection.

I also collect as many CBS UK versions of the games as I can. If I spot anything I have that isn't in the list I'll let you know. To get you started, I have CBS versions of Super Action overlays for Rocky and Front Line. They are essentially the same as the US release but have "CSB ColecoVision" or "CBS ColecoVision & ADAM" on them in plain black or white font. If you want to see photos/scans of them let me know.

To get you started, I have CBS versions of Super Action overlays for Rocky and Front Line. They are essentially the same as the US release but have "CSB ColecoVision" or "CBS ColecoVision & ADAM" on them in plain black or white font. If you want to see photos/scans of them let me know.

Everything is here : http://www.colecoboxart.com/coleco_rocky.htm and here : http://www.colecoboxart.com/coleco_frontline.htm

To get you started, I have CBS versions of Super Action overlays for Rocky and Front Line. They are essentially the same as the US release but have "CSB ColecoVision" or "CBS ColecoVision & ADAM" on them in plain black or white font. If you want to see photos/scans of them let me know.

Everything is here : http://www.colecobox...oleco_rocky.htm and here : http://www.colecobox...o_frontline.htm

Doh!! Thanks Crapahute, I forgot to check your website. I'm curious to know if TWO Rocky overlays were included with the CBS version. The used copy I purchased only had one (obviously the other may well have been lost by a previous owner). I have two CBS Front Line ones.

Jim, thanks for such an incredible list. I'm going to use it as the basis for cataloguing my games collection.

I also collect as many CBS UK versions of the games as I can. If I spot anything I have that isn't in the list I'll let you know. To get you started, I have CBS versions of Super Action overlays for Rocky and Front Line. They are essentially the same as the US release but have "CSB ColecoVision" or "CBS ColecoVision & ADAM" on them in plain black or white font. If you want to see photos/scans of them let me know.

Thanks Ikrananka and the information provided is greatly appreciated.

As noted in the "Notes" section under the Foreign Releases, Crapahute's tremendous website has been used to fill in a lot of the missing information and I want to thank him once again for all the hard work he has done over the years and for creating one of the best ColecoVision sites on the web.

Edited by NIAD

Couple of updates for the Homebrew Controllers section:

1. Doubledown's Pacman and Ms Pacman controllers were first sold in Sep 2008 for $125 per set incl. the manual.
  2. Doubledown's DK and DK Jr. controllers were first sold in Jul 2009 for $145 per set incl a manual in the same style as the Pac Man controllers.
  3. Yurkie's Mario Bros boxed controllers were sold in Dec 2009 for $140 incl. the box.
  4. Yurkie's Smurf Challenge boxed controller was sold in Sep 2010 for $70 incl. the box.

On a general note it would be great to have the number of games released (where known) for the Hombrew game and controller releases.

• Like 1

ColecoVision & ADAM Cartridge Rarity List v2.0 - Excel Version Release

I have been so taken with NIAD's rarity list that I have converted it into Excel format so that each list can be filtered and sorted as desired. Each sheet is also preformated to print onto landscape letter paper with page numbers and repeating titles.

I did this mainly for my own use in cataloguing and managing my own collection but then thought that others may find it useful. NIAD has given me his permission to attach it to this thread for others to use and to keep this up to date with his document. Whenever a new text version is released I will subsequently update the Excel file and post it in the same thread as the text release.

I hope you find this useful. If you have any suggestions for improvements then please let me know.

ColecoVision & ADAM Cartridge Collector Rarity List v2.00 (2012) (NIAD) Excel Release.zip

ColecoVision & ADAM Cartridge Rarity List v2.0 - Excel Version Release

I have been so taken with NIAD's rarity list that I have converted it into Excel format so that each list can be filtered and sorted as desired. Each sheet is also preformated to print onto landscape letter paper with page numbers and repeating titles.

I did this mainly for my own use in cataloguing and managing my own collection but then thought that others may find it useful. NIAD has given me his permission to attach it to this thread for others to use and to keep this up to date with his document. Whenever a new text version is released I will subsequently update the Excel file and post it in the same thread as the text release.

I hope you find this useful. If you have any suggestions for improvements then please let me know.

:thumbsup: Thank God! (converting to Excel - never did like RTF)... I was in the process of doing this myself. I'll now need to download your version - Thanks for saving me some time :) .

Jim - I've collect many CBS carts over the years and have 'some' information on the carts / numbers. Would you be interested in this information? (Nothing earth shaking - just info on various labels and cart 'numbers')

Jim - I've collect many CBS carts over the years and have 'some' information on the carts / numbers. Would you be interested in this information? (Nothing earth shaking - just info on various labels and cart 'numbers')

That would be great and I'm sure that there are many others here on the Forums that would be very interested in any and all information that you can provide. If you don't mind, please post the information here in this thread and then everyone can make the updates to the list as needed.

I will also make sure to post updates within this thread and not make a new thread everytime. It might get rather lengthy, but at least all the info. will be in one place for those that are interested.

BTW, two quick updates/corrections:

:arrow: U.S. Release Section: Alphabet Zoo was released by Spinnaker, not Coleco. I don;t know how I managed to incorrectly list this one.

:arrow: Homebrew Release Section: Sean Kelley also released a 64-in-1 MultiCart