IGNORED

Problem with Player Scores minikernel

Lodmot

So I'm doing a pretty big project, and I'm using the playerscores minikernel to display some extra information at the bottom of the screen. However, I've got my game set to be a 16k rom, because this is one huge game. For some reason, the minikernel doesn't like that setup.

I did everything the instructions told me to do, which was to put the "inline" directive for the kernel at the end of my code in bank 4, separated from the rest of the code. In bank 1, that's where the entire game is stored as of now. I use functions that the minikernel gives me to add up the player score information. But when I play the game, every time the player scores used by the minikernel try to add up, the game flashes and restarts.

I was able to narrow the problem down to it being a bankswitching issue, but I can't see anything I did wrong in my code.

I also looked at the small demo file that comes with the minikernel, and modified it to be a 16k rom, which resulted in it doing the same thing: flashing and restarting. But when the romsize isn't set and bankswitching isn't used, it works fine.

Anyone know what's going on here?

Thanks. ^^

• 3 months later...