IGNORED

Knockout Round 8: Centipede FINAL ROUND

zylon

Here we are: The Brawl for it all, The Bout to Knock the Other Guy Out, Fight to the Finish!

The championship round will be Centipede on HARD.

Round ends Sunday night February 5th 2012 @ 10pm EST

Winning is all that's left. Let the battle begin!

eligible players: Final scores

sdamon -31,501

JacobZu7zu7 -31,156

Unofficial players:

17,765 Roadrunner

Edited by zylon

Centipede on 5200 is one of my most favorite games... but alot of that has to do with the trak-ball controller, that of which I no longer have, so I won't be able to put up a score :_(

I never really tackled hard mode before.... I'll give it a try when I get another trak-ball and use this thread for reference

I played a good 40 more times, my best scores were 21ks, 20ks, 22ks,... I got decent scores,

but there's something about this game, that it feels impossible to move beyond the 20ks level. :P

The spider gets to where it just collapses onto you if you ignore it,... then if you try to kill it,

it works 50/50... there's only so many times you can blast the spider and not get pounded by it!

I don't have a track-ball, so I cannot say if that would help or not...

I tried playing it with the TrakBall but that didn't help much... yes, it was a bit more precise, but quick getaways were a bit harder, so I stuck with the Wico. I know the Wico isn't for everybody, but it has served me very well with every game since I got it a few months ago!

I think I just got lucky and entered the zone with my 31k game... after four hours of constant play, I just got the feel for it on Tuesday night. Avoiding the maniacal spider is key... once you get to the higher levels, never even try to kill it.

Congrats to sdamon who will move on to the multi-system challenge! Represent our 5200 with pride. :thumbsup: As it should be, this was a close fight to the last man and a new record since this level of Centipede is new to the HSC.

Thanks to all who gave it their all and maybe we'll do this again. :ponder:

Thank u sdamon, Congrads on getting just enought to win. :thumbsup:

I wasn't blinking during my games today, I played attacking I went for the spider 80% of the time..

I'm VERY spent... I need some 5200 Superbowl therapy. :skull: :woozy: :-o :(

Tom Brady is probably feeling much worse...my standard 5200 joystick needs a visit to the doctor, the button is mush now.

500 Centipede games later and a month of Knockout'....!