IGNORED

Atari History Book Cover Contest

Exciting news guys -

We've decided to run an open contest to allow Atari fans to help out with the book by designing the book's cover. Here's the contest info:

1) The contest runs from now until the end of March. It's open to anyone, not just AtariAge readers.

2) The winner will be decided by myself and Curt and announced publicly. Though you're all welcome to weigh in on your favorites.

3) The prizes are your name in the book (credit for the cover), a signed copy of the book, an "I Helped Make Atari History" bumper sticker, and direct input on the visual style of the book (layout of text, fonts, borders, page graphics, etc.)

4) Submissions can be here or through our email account ataribook@gmail.com.

The cover should be based around the following content guidelines:

Title: Silicon Hot Tube

Byline: How Innovative Leisure Created The Video Game Industry, And How Excess Almost Destroyed It

Authors: Marty Goldberg, Curt Vendel

Theme: Centered around the title and byline. Look should reflect the 1970's through early 80's and should not include any Atari products.

We're looking for something that's going to pop out on the store shelves while summing up the content of what the book entails: The exciting formation of an high tech entertainment industry and the stories behind all the people that did it, all during the "me decade" of the 70's to the pop culture icon status of the early 80's.

Attached is a simple concept I threw together for illustrative purposes only. It does not represent the "pop" we're looking for and is only to show a basic example of content and layout within the guidelines.

post-160-0-03178000-1328854495_thumb.jpg