IGNORED

Knockout Grand Championships (2012)

cparsley

Here is where the champions will meet, greet each other, and get ready for the carnage that will crown the grand Atariage champion!

Grand Champions List (FINAL)

Intellivision - Gezkc

ColecoVision - skosh

Atari 2600 (VCS) - toymailman

Atari 5200 - sdamon

Atari 7800 - patbb

Nintendo (NES) - cparsley

Genesis/MegaDrive (Sega) - swlovinist

Alrighty gang, now that the list has been set, it's time to get it on. Champions, from the INTV, Coleco, NES, Genesis/MegaDrive and all 3 Atari consoles (VCS/5200/7800), we are now gathered here to see who will take down the right to be called the grand Atariage champion.

Each champion submit one game that you would like to see played in this competition. The rules are as follows...

Champions may only submit games from the console they are the champion in (VCS can only select a VCS game, etc). Also, no "well you can play it on my console with an adapter" games will be allowed. In addition, games are definitely flawed or have a obvious cheat in them may be disqualified from selection, but that will be handled on a case by case basis. They must also have a scoring mechanism to be able to be selected.

Please post your game selection by June 24th, 2012. Failure to do so may result in either A) A random game being selected, or B) The runner up on your console being selected to defend your console's honor.

Good luck to all champions, and good luck!

Edited by cparsley
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

For the 7800, I select KLAX

I'm pretty sure the 7800 version of Klax doesn't show the final score.

You might have to pick another game.

You're right, it goes away as soon as you're game over.

I will select another game shortly.

For the 5200, I'll go with Missile Command.

I tied to play this game in an emulator and I was not able to control the crosshair.

Probably because I'm not using a analog joystick.

Anybody knows if there is an emulator that can work with the mouse?

With the keyboard or joystick it's unplayable.

Maybe it will work with a XBOX controller?

Edited by patbb

I plan to use a real 5200 as well however found that Altirra also will work providing it is configured correctly to do so.

The controllers need to have "Relative" set for the mode and it should work. I did not mess around with the speed parameter but imagine that should provide some tweaking for sensitivity.

Hope this helps.

post-30275-0-58094900-1339520178_thumb.gif

Edit:

I played around more with the configuration and you can also get the mouse to work as well. There is something for a 360 controller however since I do not have one I can not test but imagine that could also be setup to work. Also another option is if you have a joystick for the PC you can map that.

Perhaps not needed in this case but a very useful problem for emulation is JoyToKey http://www.electraco...ish Version.htm which basically allows you to map keyboard inputs to your joystick.

Edited by skosh

• 2 weeks later...

I am ready to go! All the necessary games accounted for and "found" in my game room(missile command was a little lost).

Is the 5200 trackball controller allowed for the tourney? Who else here has all physical copies of the game?

http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj28/swlovinist/?action=view&current=465802f1.jpg

Been looking forward to this for a long time :)