IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped, SEASON 3, ROUND 7

Austin

Jaguar HSC Revamped, SEASON 3, ROUND 7: PINBALL FANTASIES

post-24675-129104307236_thumb.jpg post-24675-129104306503_thumb.jpg post-24675-129104306905_thumb.jpg

Round Over.

RULES AND DIRECTIONS:

Set your game to use five balls, and on the easy setting (ball movement is slower/more floaty). Choose the Stones 'n Bones table, and submit your score when you game over. Extra balls ARE allowed during the game if you earn them, however, if you win an extra ball by chance after you game over, DO NOT PLAY IT. Play the extra balls you earn during the game by completing various objectives, but don't play the last freebie if the game randomly gives it to you.

If you are not familiar with the Jaguar HSC general rules and how the scoring system works, please visit this thread here: http://www.atariage....son-3-schedule/. It is recommended that you take a photo of your score, but it is not required. We go on good faith here, so please be honest.. :)

FINAL PINBALL FANTASIES (STONES 'N BONES) SCORES SUBMITTED:

1. Austin - 371,285,760 (+100pts + 25pts)
  2. Boog - 177,772,170 (+85pts +10pts)
  3. Jagman - 132,484,100 (+75pts)
  4. Twoquickcapri - 98,785,100 (+65pts)
  5. Jblenke - 64,688,930 (+60pts)
  6. Abominable Toaster - 64,523,400 (+55pts)
  7. Darrin9999 - 36,460,170 (+40pts)
  8. Sonic R - 33,988,760 (+35pts)
  9. Roadrunner - 14,161,570 (+20pts)

The Current Jaguar HSC Rankings:

1. Austin - 620pts
  2. Twoquickcapri - 531pts
  3. GKC - 497pts
  4. Boog - 435pts
  5. Abominable Toaster - 325pts
  6. Darrin9999 - 192pts
  7. Jagman - 175pts
  8. Averybluemonkey - 165pts
  9. Orpheuswaking - 157pts
  10. SonicR - 137pts
  11. Jblenke - 60pts
  12. JagChris - 54pts
  13. Kgenthe - 45pts
  14. Roadrunner - 44pts
  15. Punisher5.0 - 24pts
  16. Doctorclu - 16pts

pinball3.JPG

not much better... funny how I got one of my best scores so far when I had no idea what the objectives or how the scoring worked. Now that I figured that part out - I struggle to consistently get a decent score.

Edited by Jagman

funny how I got one of my best scores so far when I had no idea what the objectives or how the scoring worked. Now that I figured that part out - I struggle to consistently get a decent score.

That's how it seems to work with pinball, haha. I know exactly what you mean.

I spent most of the game just running the loops and grabbing the kickbacks, haha. Accidentally hit the drop targets again and again, but I don't think those really do anything until you get all the objects on the playfield lit (I am assuming, anyway). Any instance that the "bonus millions" would appear at the Tower (the limited timed version of), I couldn't nail the shot. I have a really difficult time hitting the right loop in order to make the shot (not the right ramp just to the left of it).

It's really difficult to have ball control in this game. No manual flipper passes or anything like that like you can do in real pinball, so I spend the game nailing the two main ramps over and over again and hoping I don't get a bad draw straight down the middle, or down the right outlane. Can't hit the bonus kick-out at the far right to save my life, which is how you raise your bonus multiplier. Would be nice to multiply my "Screams" bonus (a million points for every ten screams you get, which are achieved by shooting the right ramp), but geez, I can never hit it when it's lit (and it's only lit very briefly, heh).

Probably won't play this one again unless you guys beat this score (then I will). :)

post-24675-0-95179800-1330499521_thumb.jpg post-24675-0-81238800-1330499522_thumb.jpg

Well.. this morning I was boogtardi: 10,126,361,790. :-o :-o

I don't know if I hit a bug in the game or if it just glitched, but my score suddenly jumped by 10 billion! This score doesn't count, just so Austin doesn't have to play catch-up. :D I'll play again soon and post another legit score.

I was over 100 million before the score glitched though and it gave me an extra ball for a new high score... I probably won't be beating my 10 billion, but are we supposed to play that extra ball for anyone else who passes the default high of 100 million? (It'd be an extra ball every time you beat your previous best over 100 million)

One other thing that I noticed is that the multiplier doesn't affect the 'SCREAMS' bonus. The standard bonus is multiplied first, then the SCREAMS are added. But, the SCREAMS are a held bonus so you get 100k for every scream you've accumulated throughout the game after each ball. Hitting a lot of SCREAMS on the first ball means mega points. There are lots of 5 million point tower shots as you hit increments of 10s too. I was over 80 SCREAMS and had hit a few 5 million point tower shots before the score jumped.

If you get an extra ball from the match (or from a new high score?) you'd have to write your score without launching that ball or it would add the accumulated SCREAM bonus when it drains.

post-9276-0-17651300-1330532988_thumb.jpg

Edited by boog
  • Like 1

fixed - man I hate this game! haha. just played for an hour and got nowhere on the first ball so just kept restarting. fed up! Definitely not the worst pinball game out there by a lot, but it's not great either.

unfortunately i'm too competitive and gotta keep trying to break the high score...

• Like 1

Well.. this morning I was boogtardi: 10,126,361,790. :-o :-o

I don't know if I hit a bug in the game or if it just glitched, but my score suddenly jumped by 10 billion! This score doesn't count, just so Austin doesn't have to play catch-up. :D I'll play again soon and post another legit score.

I believe this is a known glitch in the game. I think it was actually talked about the last time (or perhaps the time-before) that we played Pinball Fantasies in the HSC. I will dig up the old threads and see what I find.

I was over 100 million before the score glitched though and it gave me an extra ball for a new high score... I probably won't be beating my 10 billion, but are we supposed to play that extra ball for anyone else who passes the default high of 100 million? (It'd be an extra ball every time you beat your previous best over 100 million)

I figured you just got an extra ball for hitting a certain amount of points. I guess that explains why I got an extra ball during my playthrough (I beat my old high score). Let's go ahead and play the extra balls if we beat our high scores. That's at least a reflection of skill and/or persistence, so it's not entirely random. Still a no-go if you happen to match at the end of a game though. :)

One other thing that I noticed is that the multiplier doesn't affect the 'SCREAMS' bonus. The standard bonus is multiplied first, then the SCREAMS are added. But, the SCREAMS are a held bonus so you get 100k for every scream you've accumulated throughout the game after each ball. Hitting a lot of SCREAMS on the first ball means mega points. There are lots of 5 million point tower shots as you hit increments of 10s too. I was over 80 SCREAMS and had hit a few 5 million point tower shots before the score jumped.

That's good to know, thanks for pointing that out. I think I am still going to focus on getting the Screams (as it's the only thing I can hit consistently), as it's a decent bonus if you can get a lot of them (plus like you mentioned, the occasional 5 Million point chances after every certain number of Screams).

If you get an extra ball from the match ... you'd have to write your score without launching that ball or it would add the accumulated SCREAM bonus when it drains.

Yeah, if you match at the end, just write/take a screenshot of the score before you launch the ball. Naturally you can drain it, get the bonus and save the score on your cart, but use the written score as the submission here.

fixed - man I hate this game! haha. just played for an hour and got nowhere on the first ball so just kept restarting. fed up! Definitely not the worst pinball game out there by a lot, but it's not great either.

Agreed. My biggest problem with this game are the physics. It's extremely difficult to aim when the ball is at the tip of the flipper, and shooting when the ball is at the top of the flipper does next to nothing and is essentially useless. Also, the way the ball bounces around, it tends to veer straight down the middle or towards the outlanes way too often. I blame the shape of the playfield (and how the ball reacts to it) for that. Not much you can do about it, and nudging only helps so much. You *can* get some good nudges if you tap it right as the ball touches a wall, but if it shoots straight down the outlane there's not a damn thing you can do. :(

At least we are not playing on Hard mode. The ball moves absurdly fast on that mode, way quicker than even a real pinball game. It feels almost impossible to manage what's going on there.

One thing I'd like to note though, I actually enjoy some of the other tables more (like Partyland). The ball seems to drain less on some of them and they make for more enjoyable tables in terms of competitive play.

unfortunately i'm too competitive and gotta keep trying to break the high score...

Haha! Well, if you stay competitive, I'll stay competitive. :)

yeah - you pretty much nailed it... I hate how you get no power from your shot form the tip of the flipper - which is one reason I can never consistently make the Tower shots (although last game, I did get lucky and got 2 in a row on the timed bonus thing for 5/10 million) but even with the tower is not open,i can't get up to the right side where the K E Y switches are almost EVER.. have to wait usually until I sink ball. Luckily bumping is affective and can usually get the 1 million skill bonus. In fact, i'll never start a game without hitting that right off.

I, like you just go for the easy SCREAM and loop or SCREAM and the RIP switches - but yeah the physics aren't that great and that gets very frustrating. Phyisics aren't all that great in Devil's Crush either, but that doesn't matter because the game rules so much with mulit-tiered levels, all the bonus stages, and tons of fun objectives and all around well layed out table.. unfortunately this Stones and Bones is probably the best table in the game and it's still medicore at best. Oh well.. it's still pretty fun to play for points.

• Like 1

LOL 10 billion? Is it too early to start the next round because no one's beating that?

LOL, don't worry, it doesn't count because it's a glitch.

Actually, from the older posts, it looks like if you subtract 10 billion then the remaining 126,361,790 was my actual score. Unfortunately, when I noticed the 10 billion I knew there was something wrong and just let the next couple of balls drain. Pretty sure I can beat that score next time I play...

Edited by boog

Actually, from the older posts, it looks like if you subtract 10 billion then the remaining 126,361,790 was my actual score. Unfortunately, when I noticed the 10 billion I knew there was something wrong and just let the next couple of balls drain. Pretty sure I can beat that score next time I play...

I can take that. Updated the first post to reflect your score.

I didn't get the extra ball for beating my previous 'high score', but I still managed: 177,772,170.

EDIT: Added a pic of my high score table before swapping to Bubsy. :thumbsdown: I made one more try after the 177k but only got 139k. Then, I entered the wrong initials. When I saw the error and tried to backspace I ended up entering a < for the final character since I thought it was a backspace. Might have to play two more games just to knock the wrong initials off the scoreboard. :D

post-9276-0-35980000-1332375473_thumb.jpg

Edited by boog
  • Like 1