IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped, SEASON 3, ROUND 7

Austin

Yeah, it's still going to require practice. Getting that Vault score can be annoying, but on the bright side it's basically a free 500k+ each time, haha. What I try to do is nudge the ball if it's ready to go down the wrong lane on that ramp. I've been able to shift it to the correct lane a few times.

Uh-oh!.. :ponder:

Had an amazing Ball 3. Unlocked the Jackpots! Got both, the second being a Super Jackpot worth 50 million. Had extremely terrible balls after that--they all drained immediately. The right loop proved to be very useful, although I wasn't able to hit it consistently until well into the game. I probably earned a good 100 million from it though!

post-24675-0-76124900-1331196824_thumb.jpg

Aww MAAAAAAAAN... I didn't really want to play this again. But I suppose I will...
... :D

What is this? Are you secretly planning on putting in a massive score right before the round ends? :D

Nope... I'd never do that. Whenever I beat my previous high score I post soon after. Just meant that I was hoping my score would hold up until Sunday but now I'll probably try again.Although, with Bubsy next, trying to hit consecutive scream/RIP ramps for an hour sounds wonderful compared to the next 2 weeks. :D

Edited by boog

Although, with Bubsy next, trying to hit consecutive scream/RIP ramps for an hour sounds wonderful compared to the next 2 weeks. :D

Understood! :lolblue:

If you do give it another go, be sure to focus on nailing that right loop when it's lit. That really helped me a lot on my last playthrough. :thumbsup:

I have trouble hitting the million plus consistently, and missing the shot usually sends the ball out of control. For me, alternating between the scream and RIP ramps keeps the ball flowing vertically and even if I miss a ramp it's an easy recovery.

I could have milked those ramps for a while longer last time I played but it gets pretty boring. Don't know if I'll reach your score, but I'm sure I can score higher...

I could have milked those ramps for a while longer last time I played but it gets pretty boring. Don't know if I'll reach your score, but I'm sure I can score higher...

I don't know the exact rules, but I might have lit the the Tower Jackpots by nailing the Screams enough times. I know I had at least 50, so that might be the magic number right there.

haha, wish we could just skip to Super Burnout.. now that's a cool game :)

Same here, haha! I haven't played it in a couple of years though, so, who knows.. Maybe something will "click" with me this time and I will actually enjoy it (doubtful, though).

Actually, it looks like Screams have nothing to do with the Jackpots. Here's an excerpt from the manual (link: http://www.atariage....&currentPage=19)

Stone & Bone: "Spell STONE and BONE to enable the next GHOST"

Extra Ball: Shoot the SCREAMS ramp 10 times to enable the EXTRA BALL collected in the TOWER

Jackpot: Collected in the TOWER during GHOST HUNTER and GRIM REAPER [modes]

Super-Jackpot: Shoot the TOWER straight after collecting the JACKPOT to score 50 MILLION points

Multi-Demon: Enables a BALL LOCK in the VAULT and WELL. (I am assuming you can get multiball? Hasn't happened for me)

Ghosts: The GHOSTS are lit up one after the other when spelling STONE and BONE, and award the following:

• BAT - 5 MILLION
  • BLUE GHOST - Enables TOWER HUNT mode
  • GREEN SMILER - Enables EXTRA BALL
  • RED DEVIL - 10 MILLION
  • YELLOW POLTERGEIST - Enables GHOST HUNTER mode
  • BLUE OCTOPUSSY (haha, seriously?) - Enables MULTI-DEMON mode
  • MUMMY HEAD - 15 MILLION
  • GRIM REAPER - Enables GRIM REAPER mode

All right, this round is officially over. If you haven't submitted a score yet, you still can, however, you will only receive the same amount of participation points as the lowest scoring player.

I won't have the round for Bubsy up until sometime tomorrow night. If you want to start practicing, as usual, check the Jaguar HSC Rules/Schedule thread for what game settings to use and how to play.