IGNORED

What's happened to 4Jays?

Ransom

It used to be a well-run store, but not any more.

I sent an email two weeks ago and I got no response. I sent one last week. No response.

I called them on the phone to ask my question, and I'm told to send an email.

I mention that I sent an email two weeks ago, and got no response...and he hangs up on me!

It used to be a well-run business, but not any more. Too bad.

Can't say I'm surprised tbh. I tried to buy from him a few times in the past. Email responses were uber slow, and several of the items he had listed on his site turned out to be "out of stock"...months later the same item(s) were still listed available. Way too many ways to buy classic gaming stuff online to bother with someone who can't be bothered.

They sell pretty regularly on Ebay, but I haven't purchased from them there. I had a similar experience to others with sending unanswered e-mails maybe six months ago and haven't contacted them since. Sometimes vendors just go bad for whatever reason. GoAtari is a perfect example (although the owner was always kind of a tool) and B&C might be on the way there given their recent price increases and general decline in merchandise quality.

I've always seen so many say good things about them, so I usually stay silent, but some years ago, I had a negative transaction with them. Not a huge big deal, but enough to sour me on them. Then about a year ago, I decided to give them another shot, and emailed them, heard nothing, emailed again, nothing. I did not call though, I just figured if they don't want to reply to someone clearly wanting to send them money, then forget it. So, the issue may not have started as recently as the past months.

I won't bother trying them again.

that's too bad to hear... I was looking at getting a bunch of games from there... I had wrote down what I was going to order and tallied it up and it was well over $100... my birthday is next week and I was going to treat myself to some games....

guess I will have to look elsewhere to make my purchases..

Years ago I tried to order from them (this was probably ~1999 or 2000...I was using AOL dialup, if that's any indication), and never got a response from them after several emails. Tried to order a Vader system package. Turned out either my emails went to their spam folder, or their emails went to my spam folder (I forget).

A few years later I got through to them and got Galactic Space Wars for Channel F (for $11...not bad) and a couple of other things. It wasn't a bad transaction, but somehow I've never felt compelled to shop there again. I do like that their old website is still up, though; it's fun to peruse it and reminisce about my early collecting days, when the collecting scene felt "fresh."

I used to buy from a guy in California called Randy Wong. He ran a shop called VideoGameNut.com in the early '00s. I always had good experiences with him. I wonder what ever happened to him?