IGNORED

FS: Ship Your Original XBOX for UPGRADE | 2016 $130+ship

Mark Wolfe

I'm back again!!

This time offering TSOP as well as hard drive upgrades

Updates to Coinops and other emulators that have been updated since I was last doing this in 2015

Also working with new dashboards for TSOP mods using Xbox Media Center

Hit me up for modding and peripherals

I have custom cases, clear & red, heavy duty packing cases, Hi def A/V & controllers

See photos

Also see my more recent post http://atariage.com/forums/topic/195597-fs-ship-your-original-xbox-for-250gbhard-drive-upgrade-2015-100ship/page-17?do=findComment&comment=3643205

post-3814-0-20664000-1347828925_thumb.jpg

post-3814-0-83611400-1351921019_thumb.jpg

post-3814-0-28326500-1361169142_thumb.jpg

post-3814-0-40129000-1361169144_thumb.jpg

post-3814-0-24314700-1363112827_thumb.jpg

post-3814-0-54004100-1363378060_thumb.gif

post-3814-0-02846900-1364827245_thumb.jpg

post-3814-0-50497600-1366216551_thumb.jpg

post-3814-0-57834200-1366216552_thumb.jpg

post-3814-0-61311600-1366216553_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark Wolfe
  • Like 5

I'm getting a bunch of PMs looks like interest is high. I would suggest everyone go read up on the soft-modded xbox 1 over at http://www.xbox-scene.com click on the links for xbox1 not the 360. check out the tutorials, read up on the various apps and emulators, check out the forum thread here on AA about the X-Port emulators: X-Port Emulation Development

A soft modded xbox can run backups, homebrew, emulators of every kind including classic computers. it will run linux and even a web server if you want. it is highly versatile and built like a tank. it can stay running for days at a time and can be easily replaced or fixed if it breaks down.

I was on ebay looking at original xbox systems and there are a ton of them for pretty cheap. I plan to buy units with problems, refurb and re-sell them, hence this marketplace thread but you all can do the same for yourself, I'm happy to help. if you look at the prices on ebay, you'll see this is not a money making proposition, just a basic service for fellow gamers.

Just wanted to bump because I have just finished updating all the Xbox 1 Emus from the very cool MadMab over at Emuxtras.com you have to join for free to download but if you have not updated your xbox1 emulators in a while like me, then this is well worth it, these things are highly polished and professional with all sorts of cool additions and features. All my sales for mem card/game exploits will include a dvd with the latest emus on it. first sales go out this weekend, supplies almost all here, just waiting on mechassault games.

oh, and I also just updated FreeMcBoot on my PS2 mem cards,. I have a modded PS2 so I can create Free McBoot mem cards very easily for the cost of the mem card, or you can ship me yours and just pay return shipping. this is the best way to use HD Advanced or the new OpenPS2 to read games from a hard drive, either usb or attached using the network adaptor on the phat models

Edited by Mark Wolfe

Since I am always the last to know. What exactly will modding do to my xbox Mark. Will it make it so I can save a game to my hardrive. Play other games on my cd drive that I could not usually play like Playstation games. Or just make it available for me to download games via the internet. It would be cool to save games to my hard drive that I could not normally play on the Xbox but I can not seem to find anybody with a clear definition of how it works.

Hiy, the first thing you should do is read up the tutorials over at xbox-scene.com, click on the links for xbox1 [not 360] but I will summarize for you.

Soft-modding, be it on an xbox1 or Nintendo Wii or a PS3, are all done using exploits that are typically found within a specific game, and the game save for that game is hacked so it in turn hacks the console when you put the game in and run the game save from the mem card. in the case of the xbox1, this totally opens up the xbox to do anything you want. play homebrew, play backup, run games from the hard drive, hell you can upgrade the hard drive to a larger drive if you like the original is only 8GB and you only get access to about 4-5GB of that space to begin with.

the emulators are really nice for the xbox1 and there is indeed a Playstation 1 emu, but there are so many more, the list is over in the download section of emuxtras.net

I am selling the memcard and game if you don't already have the game, I am also selling fully pre-modded and set up xbox consoles and I am not really charging very much on top of the cost of materials. in the case of the PS2 mem card, no profit whatsoever is being made, just the cost of the mem card and shipping.

Since I am always the last to know. What exactly will modding do to my xbox Mark. Will it make it so I can save a game to my hardrive. Play other games on my cd drive that I could not usually play like Playstation games. Or just make it available for me to download games via the internet. It would be cool to save games to my hard drive that I could not normally play on the Xbox but I can not seem to find anybody with a clear definition of how it works.

What exactly will modding do to my xbox Mark.

Let you run custom xbox software like media players, dashboards / game launchers, file managers, operating systems, emulators, and homebrew games

Will it make it so I can save a game to my hardrive.

Yes

Play other games on my cd drive that I could not usually play like Playstation games.

Yes

Make it available for me to download games via the internet.

Yes

I can not seem to find anybody with a clear definition of how it works.

Install your software on the xbox (generally by FTP) and launch it from your xbox's dashboard. Super simple.

thanks for further clarification rex, one caveat though is that the Playstation emu, unlike the Sega CD and the TurboGrafXCd emulators will NOT play a game from the optical drive, the PSX emu can only run from a disc image bin/cue. if you read the nfo file for the emulator, it explains why. but the rest is dead on and certainly backs up what I said and what the docs overt at xbox-scene say.

I find the best way is to ftp files to the hard drive, partition E of the xbox1. saves stress on the optical drive and runs faster. for a lot of folks, bypassing the optical is necessary, so many xbox consoles have dead or half-working dvd drives, as long as it works well enough to boot mechassault one time, you can get it working without the optical drive. my plan is to start adding bigger drives to my xbox units, I have three of them right now. adding a 500GB drive allows you top put everything you'd ever want to play on one xbox.

Still taking orders for soft modding the original xbox or making a FreeMcBoot Memory card for your PS2, Please let me know if you want help doing either.

I just won an auction for the parts to put together a soft-modded xbox with upgraded 500GB hard drive for a fellow atariager... the auction that we got the xbox that we are using for this project had about 40 games, all original xbox titles, about ten of them have boxes, the rest are loose discs, we are lookign to sell the game discs, are there any xbox 1 collectors here who want a big stack of games for a modest investment? here is a list of titles, PM offers. I will make a more formal marketplace thread if I don't get any bites here.:

Close Combat:First to Fight,

Dead to Rights,

Battlefield 2,

Conkerr:Live and Reloaded,

Prince Of Persia:Warrier Within,

Riddick,

Half Life 2,

Fifa 2005,

Madden 07,

Splinter Cell:Chaos Thery,

Brothers In Arms:Hill 30,

Rainbow Six:Black Arrow,

Driv3r,

Minority Report,

Whacked,

NFL 2K3,

Nightcaster,

Morrowwind,

Metal Of honor,

Hitman 2,

007:Agent Under Fire,

Mace Griffin,

Halo:Combat Evolved,

Tetris Worlds,

Starwars:Clone Wars,

Prisoner of War,

Madden 2002,

NHL 2004,

Unreal Championship,

Tony Hawk 2X,

Reign of Fire,

Splinter Cell,

Deer Hunt Season,

Circus Maximus,

Star Wars Starfighter,

The Great Escape,

Jet Grind Radio,

Sega GT,

Rally Sport,

Exhibition 4

post-3814-0-88968700-1333413933_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark Wolfe

• 4 months later...

So I have completed a few of these hard drive upgrades for several atariage members and a couple people who found this thread via google. It is going very well. I am about to experiment using larger than 500Gb drives using a SATA to IDE adaptor and trying to create an xbox that not only has all the emulators but has my favorite xbox 1 games, perhaps the top 50 or so.

Coinops has been continually updated and I believe version 5 is about to be released. if you have not checked out coinops, do so right away: http://coinopsprojec....org/portal.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmoQZhoBidk

an original xbox running coinops 4 equipped with an X-Arcade dual stick with trackball will match up with any MAME setup out there and at a cost way lower than any of them.

I'm charging atariagers $20 for the soft-mod / hd upgrade + shipping + cost of hd. the best way to do this is to ship your xbox to me with return postage, then I just pack it back up and slap the label on it and DONE.

I also have a couple pre-modded/upgraded units to sell outright, although the drives are not 500GB, they are 200Gb and over. the cost is $100 shipped [within usa] and it comes with power, video, & 1 xbox large original controller, $80 if you do not need the cables and controller.

I am also considering this for Wii consoles, installing Homebrew Channel and all the emulators fully populated w/ roms

Lastly, I will be working on controller adaptors for the classic consoles so you can use your classic controllers on the xbox with coinops. this will require donor xbox controllers, preferably the big original ones

Edited by Mark Wolfe

Mark threw one of these together for me from scratch early this year and it's really sweet! I was really busy at the time and he handled everything from buying stuff on ebay to swapping out parts to make this work. FANTASTIC GUY here and I highly recommend if you were thinking about doing this to use him. Excellent front-end interface and you can add manuel scans and XMBC to this......long story short...it's pretty sweet!

Bump for a great job done by Mark. Just got make my green Halo Xbox and it's amazing. I already had a modded Xbox which I soft modded forever ago, but having coinops installed on my new one makes it feel like I'm playing all the roms for the first time. So awesome! Thanks Mark.

Glad you liked it man. I have two more pending orders, ready to take more. I am experimenting with a SATA/IDE adaptor so I can use cheaper SATA drives now . $20 + shipping both ways gets you in the door

Edited by Mark Wolfe

Hello, I read through the tutorial you linked but had a quick question - how difficult is it to add new roms to the HDD when you want to? Can you burn them to a DVD and save them to the HDD via the optical drive? If you connect your Xbox to your home router via Ethernet can you FTP into it without connecting directly to your computer? This looks like an incredible service you're providing!

you've got a lot of questions there. the main answer to all is YES, and no it is not difficult to add roms, you basically use ftp from your main computer to the xbox. my xbox is plugged into my network so I use a normal ethernet cable, if you connect the xbox directly to your pc then you need a special cable that is reversed wiring. if you use my hard drive upgrade service you won't need to do anything, it is all going to be on there already. you just pay for cost of hd and shipping both ways + $20

Thanks and sorry for all the questions :)... One other request/suggestion: If this is too much trouble or you don't have time, don't worry about it - but it would be cool to see a video of one of your completed units in action, going through the dashboard, demonstrating what all comes pre-installed, etc. Doesn't have to be anything fancy... It seems like there are infinite options when it comes to modding an Xbox, so it would be cool to see what YOUR particular flavor feels like from the user-end.

P.S. I don't want to come across like I'm questioning the value of your service or anything... At your prices, I'm going to get one regardless. I'm just really curious about what the actual experience of using it is like. :)

Edited by Domino8282

Thanks and sorry for all the questions :)... One other request/suggestion: If this is too much trouble or you don't have time, don't worry about it - but it would be cool to see a video of one of your completed units in action, going through the dashboard, demonstrating what all comes pre-installed, etc. Doesn't have to be anything fancy... It seems like there are infinite options when it comes to modding an Xbox, so it would be cool to see what YOUR particular flavor feels like from the user-end.

P.S. I don't want to come across like I'm questioning the value of your service or anything... At your prices, I'm going to get one regardless. I'm just really curious about what the actual experience of using it is like. :)

Hi Domino8282.......I want to re-vouch for Mark...the system is just plain and simple sweet......I didn't know him at all until I met him through this forum AA but in conversations both of us have a full homemade from the ground up MAME cabinet with thousands of games. Basically after getting this unit my MAME cabinet has been unused and I will probally sell it to save space. All the emualtors work just like on a PC / MAC and the best emulator is COIN-OPS - thousands of games in one system (youtube it) its the same regardless of who does it. I am running this on a Sony 70" LCD and it is fabulous......

You will have to adjust the screen size for each emulator (only once the first time you use it) though to fit your tv which takes about 30 seconds ..........buy it :)

I don't have the time do do all that, it's all already out there anyway. I am using the full version of coinops 4, check the links and google for youtub vids, what you see there is what you will see when you fire up an xbox I've worked on, well there is also every other stand-alone emu known for xbox one with full rom sets, and whatever games on the hd I have on the master drive when I clone it but coinops is the main thing.

all I am doing for my $20 is cloning a master hard drive using the chimp tools that have been out for a long time. it takes a little while to do it but I am doing something else while it is running. after it's done I put it all back together and return it to the owner. that's it. no special mojo or anything :)

It's all good, no worries. Yeah FikapPacMan, I'm not doubting the man's abilities or the quality of the final product or anything like that. :-D I do understand that you're busy and that recording and uploading a video can be time-consuming. Plus there's no substitute for playing around with it oneself.

I read the FAQs on the Coinops 4 homepage and watched a bunch of vids last night of softmodded (and chip modded) Xboxes, and they're all slightly different. Different rom sets loaded, different versions of Coinops 4 (which have fun little nicknames like Sunset, Fantastic, Lite, R1-R11, etc.). Some people use XBMC as a front-end for all of their emulators, and there's a crapload of skins and releases of that. Bottom line is, I guess the best way to know what you're getting is to order one and play with it! ;)

Funny thing is, the more videos I've watched, the more I'm now leaning towards a chip mod, like the Xecuter X3 where you can do fancy case mods and add-ons like an IR kit (turn the system on/off with a remote and no dongle), LCD control panel, etc.