IGNORED

FS: Ship Your Original XBOX for UPGRADE | 2016 $130+ship

Mark Wolfe

Great question, I am waiting on an answer to a similar question regarding compiling coinops to run on a 128MB ram Xbox dev kit, that I just bought. what is the minimum amount of drive space needed for virtual ram on a normal xbox and how does one configure it to make use of extra ram if you have it?

ill read though that later one....ive realised you are thinking packs are the same as upgrade standalones....

packs are full of games....standalones add features....alot of the features are coded to work but havent been cleaned up....there are 100s of these hacky things that dont get revisited as they work perfect just make setup a bit tricky and new features get added instead.....foldering will be cleaned up in CO5.....anyway ill be back on tonight and explain how to upgrade to CO 4 Fan 4 I had to refolder things a bit allways due to the filesize limits 4096 and people filling them up with the packs....it breaks thing I know :( and only started in FAN builds....to fix anything up just copy any standalone over the top it has all files and folders and will bring it up to that build....all the empty folders are there due to the fact you might just put on CoinOPS 4 R10.....and never have anything before that will work no problems....you will have to collect and put everything in the correct folders.....you can at any point upgrade or downgrade any standalone over the top of anything...FAN builds require some refoldering :( only

you dont need any hard drive space at all....all virtual memory is loaded into X Y Z drives....these are normally hidden partitions so C E F drives can be 100 percent full and everything will still work....the only issue would be if e drive was full and you first put on coinops the save to E:/tdata/acadexxx and udata/acadexxx could not be stored at 50k and that would mean CO wouldnt work

CoinOPS is set to automically configure everything to use 128megs of ram.....the only issue is when the emu is told to split up the ram in the vm files it will probably do it....but ill check it might not on second thought as it checks if it has enough ram....it might just push it in if it has enough.....

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

Haha, I did a double-take this morning when I saw that BP was posting on Atari Age. I've been lurking on the Coinops forums for the past week after hearing about it from this thread (so yes, Mark has sent people to those forums :) ).

BP I just have one question for you I would love to get answered: Will there be a "Full" release of CO5 the way there was a "Full" release of CO4 (the 50GB one) for Xbox 1?

All the discussion on the CO forums about you moving on to a new platform (360, Android, etc.) makes it sound like an Xbox 1 release of CO5 was up in the air. And to be honest, I'm a fairly simple user who likes fully tested, complete releases, not having to add dozens of patches and game packs.

After seeing this thread I ended up opting to buy a chipped Xbox (got a beautiful Green Halo edition with X3CE chip and X3CP w/XLCD and X3IR) and want an all-in-one emulation solution that is not a headache to install. I'm also very interested in BP's Dragon media center (XBMC alternative) but I'm still waiting to see video of that as there still are none on his forums.

• Like 1

Sorry its the wierd stuff from a few im getting today on my site....is why its gone underground they must hate you guys....

Ill be releasing CO5, its done now....we will just discuss features vs time for me to do them and they will decide a balance.....its great to see a nice community actually....its why I do this stuff....

do you guys want alot of features? added or released the new pack with over 300 new games....some new systems....700 arcade games are faster or control better now as well....most big games are playing really well now... whats your guys thoughts....at the moment this will be with the working group but since you have been community like.....have your say it will be factored in and ill get back to you

ummmm

upgrading new FAN builds

nes_gamename.zip

gb_gamename.zip

gbc_gamename.zip

gba_gamename.zip

need to be moved into there new folders (this was done to test I could move around cores to make foldering easier and will soon request expactly how to folder things)

videosextra etc are now not used....

videos is used and the screensaver is from that

then videos1 videos2 videos3 videos4 you can load stuff but the screensaver wont work....so you will need to mve all your videoextas two folders worth of xmvs into videos and the videos will play....everything else is just load FAN 4 over the top.....

DRAGON ill do a video when I have time...after CO5 DRAGON will get some love and document when you see it running alot will turn im sure....the family will love its power flexibility and simplisty....

sorry BP if this is a repeat of what I said in a PM, but I figured I'd take it public since you are asking publicly:

features or ideas for coinops:

1. some sort of side app that verifies and re-names roms with the name scheme for coinops + the 42 character limit for fatx . this would alleviate the issue I have with having to have the full builds all the time. I'm sure it would help others too. I already have a complete romset for just about everything roms have been released for but the problem is with the xbox 42 filename size limit and the special name scheme for coinops it makes it next to impossible to use those roms. additionally this app could also copy or move the roms to the specific folders they need to be in.

2. internal update system. coinops checks when connected to the internet if updates are available. coinops updates internally and spits out a text file OR even an xml file that can be fed to the rom re-namer if more games have been added. I am willing to put my money where my mouth is on this and offer server space for the feature. if it winds up costing money I will help raise it and donate to it myself

3. 128MB RAM support . for those of us of who have a 128MB ram xbox, I'm actually going to get one with an upgraded CPU as well, I'd like a build of coinops that takes into account the extra ram and gives me more games that can not run otherwise.

edit: I'd be happy to help with documentation, administration, research, whatever else you need. I know there are others here who are also interested in helping out, like you said, we have a great community here and we LOVE classic games and emulators, especially this one.

Edited by Mark Wolfe

sold TWO Wii units with HBC and emus installed, one xbox is going this week with latest CO4, and I am prepping several more xbox1 for sale along with some PS2s... hit me up before I go on vacation this weekend into next week.

If CO5 gets released in the next week or so, installs will have to wait until September 8th, I am on vacation from Sept. 1st through Sept 7th.

oh, I got TWO sata/ide converter adaptors so I will test the ability for an xbox to use this and check for any speed slowdowns, etc. I should know in a few days how well it works :)

thanks dude, I think I am going to dig into that tonight :) I should know sometime around 3am lol

oh, I have 2-3 MechAssault/Memory Card combos for sale, you can do your own soft-mods folks, easy peasy. just copy the save game on the mem card to your hard drive, then launch mechassualt, launch saved game called RUN LINUX and follow on screen prompts. when done you will have a hacked xbox that you can play backups with, copy games to hd, use FTP to copy emus and roms to it for playing. do your own hd upgrade using this tutorial and save some money on sending it to me: http://www.instructables.com/id/Original-XBOX-Hard-Drive-Upgrade/

away for the weekend, back monday then on vacation for rest of week, back for good next saturday.... hang tight if CO5 comes out while I am away I will be in email shouting distance. you can still send me your consoles and place orders. keep in mind once CO5 is out I need to download it, test it and copy it to my main drive which I then clone for orders that are placed. this takes time, so be patient.

back from vacation! guyverx, as I said in response pm, I will have a few xbox units ready for sale next week. no idea yet when CO4 will be out but these will be updated to latest versions of everything and I also finally found the mpegs for Dragon's Lair 1 & 2 and a few other laser disc games so those should be working on latest xbox upgrades from here on out.

I am messing around with fixing the DVD drives that have disc read errors which are so common on the xbox1. I found a tutorial on how to fix them 50% of the time so that seemed like good odds to me. seems as if half the issues are just caused by dirt and you just have to know how to take them apart and clean the right areas.

Great news, I got a bunch of xboxs' from various places, including some folks here. I am officially announcing 5 soft modded/upgraded xbox one units for sale. I also am happy to report that I am giving away one duke controller to every one who orders a pre-modded xbox and I am lowering prices on all other controllers, I will post prices soon.

Right now I am prepping the hard drives, this takes a few days to do with all the drives I have to prepare. they will have Daphne running and Dragon's Lair 1 & 2 will be included along with some other new emus and games.

All these units will have the latest Coin Ops 4 install in them.

the sizes are as follows

One 500GB SATA = $115 + shipping

Three 250GB IDE = $80ea + shipping

One 320GB IDE = $100 + shipping

all will include a free Duke/large controller and a discount on all other controllers, wires, etc, prices to be determined and announced soon

a couple of these units are already spoken for, I'm not sure which sizes the people who made a pre-order want so I can not promise a given size right now until I talk to the two customers and see what they want.

but, these should be ready by friday at the latest, barring any complications. send PMs if you want to reserve one.

Maybe this is a really obvious aspect to the homebrew scene but I have no clue so I'll ask it.

If I get my Wii adjusted by you Mark to have the homebrew channel, does that mean I will still be able to also download songs for Rock Band 3? Or does modifying for homebrew mean I have to disable WiiConnect24 and would that also block my ability to go to the Rock Band 3 store to get any new songs from them?

Sorry if the answer is blatantly obvious, but I'm considering getting you to adjust my Wii so it gets the homebrew channel and I'm weighing the possible consequences of going this route.

Thanks for any info in advance.

ComputerSpaceFan: Good question and it is not a stupid or obvious one. What I like to do when it comes to advising people about the Wii and using HBC and all that good stuff is to read up on it. the main reason is because it is not a simple yes or no answer. Right now you can indeed stay connected if your Wii is updated to the most recent IOS. I like to update a Wii prior to installing HBC because upgrading IOS beforehand can erase HBC in some cases and there are other issues to contend with because some people like to use wad managers and mess around with changing the IOS to play backups or install channels or wiiware... I do not advise anyone on that because you can brick your wii and I don't want to be responsible for that. so the first thing any wii homebrew enthusiast should do is visit the HBC website and read up as much as you can, soak up the info and study it before you dive in, even if you get someone else to do the install.

so your homework is to visit and read these two sites:

hbc.hackmii.com/

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Main_Page

HBC is a LOT of fun, I love it. I have two Wiis that are my main machines, one has a modchip, both have HBC, the one with the chip I use to do all sorts of crazy stuff including messing with wads, the other I keep pretty much factory except for bootmii/hbc. bootmii is installed to allow to recover from a brick, in most cases it works great, that is installed on both Wiis. I tell people to read up and THEN mess around, it's a lot of fun.

Here is the PILE of xbox peripherals I have since I started this crazy service, these come with xboxes I buy and fix and they accumulate, I want to offload them and gove forst dibs to the people who buy my xbox service and pre-modded xboxes.

there are 2 driving wheel controllers, 1 lightgun, various wireless controllers, tons of DVD receivers, DVD controllers, break-away cables [good for you if you lost or broke yours on your current controller] 1, eztra long break-away cable to give you more length, a lot of 3rd party and stock controllers, A/V cables including 1 monster S-Video cable that also has a connector for another system besides xbox, looks like it might be dreamcast or PS2, 1 arcade stick controller

I will test all these prior to shipping them out

prices do NOT include shipping:

light gun: $12

arcade stick : $12 SOLD!

3rd party small wired controllers or oversized DUKE controller: $3

stock xbox small wired controllers: $5

driving wheel controllers: $5

DVD kit: $3

DVD remote receiver $1

Monster brand s-video cable [has connector for another system & xbox]: $10

regular a/v cables: $3

regular power cable: $1