IGNORED

Two new cartridges archived!

The cartridge was sold as a package that included a proprietary interface and a robotic device for aiming a satellite dish, as well as an Atari 400 computer. It was meant to help point a satellite dish in the right direction to receive TV signals.

It's of very little practical use without the associated hardware, but, I think, pretty cool for a piece of software from 1983.

Any pictures of the carts on Atarimania? It's hard to call it a cart, when there isn't a cart image :)

Were these made at any level of production? Both are marked Commerical, then they would have been packaged in that manner (meaning in a cartridge housing/case, not loose chips, etc like prototype or home grown apps). The postings don't have anything else supporting them, i.e. manual, ad's, flyer's, etc. One said ISDN, then that would have something.

What is Atarimania's definition of commerical cartridge? I hate to be so critical but almost anything can be put on a chip and said it's a commerical cart.

Unless I jumped the gun and it's coming :)

Thanx.

The scan is up.

The cart style is similar to that used by IDSI on Speedway Blast, Pool 400 and Survival of the Fittest, although it lacks the two front notches that those carts typically have.

The label is a wraparound silver one with black printing, just like those on other IDSI carts.

Since it was originally sold as part of a package with an Atari 400 and other hardware, it's not known what the original packaging looked like, although it would be great to be able to find out.

The cart was originally intended for an Atari 400, and mine was supplied inserted into a 1200XL - I suspect that it may not have been quite such an easy fit for a 1200XL's cartridge slot. Whether it was trimmed deliberately, or became worn there from repeated use I don't know. There are several carts that aren't entirely happy at being forced into a 1200XL.

The Microcalc cart does not belong to me, and I can't post a scan of it without the permission of the owner.