IGNORED

DK Arcade Re-Release

DK Arcade will be re-released in cart only form in 2 weeks for $35 US Shipped for those who;

1. Are not interested in the sequel

2. Want a cheaper alternative to a full blown D2K release

3. Missed out on the first run

4. Want an improved version of DK Arcade.

:thumbsup: Sweet ! :grin:

The game will be a Mattel Cart.....no overlay, no box, no instructions (Who needs them for game 1?)

The game will feature better control and sound......no high score problem which I have no idea how it got into the other release.....properly named DK Arcade.......it will have an Elektronite Splash screen.....You will be able to put it into 30 frames per second mode for use on some strange HD TVs...

It will be available on www.gamesforyourintellivision.com or www.classicgamepublishers.com

www.elektronite.com if I get control of it might sell them eventually, but for now it will advertise our games....regardless, credit card orders will all go to classic game publishers.

• Like 1

I sent you a personal response Doctor.

Just to be clear....from what we have decided so far on this re-release.....

This is DK Arcade.....not D2K....it is sold in a Mattel Shell, in a bubble envelope...for $35 US shipping included in North America (except Alaska). Outside of North America, it will be $40 US Shipped.....this is to simplify costs.....sent by Canada Post....

We expect to have this available for shipping in 2 weeks....in 2 weeks we expect to have Credit Card Payment options on our site....

At this moment, we do not accept PayPal. See Joe Z's explanation for not liking it.

We accept International Money orders (not domestic) from the USA.....we accept cheques (checks) from the USA and Canada, but we will hold them for 3 weeks to clear before shipping.

Our address is on our website at www.classicgamepublishers.com or www.gamesforyourintellivision.com

Details below are subject to change.

We have determined that DK Arcade will have two modes.........'game 1' will be North American order for DK screens.....and 'game 2' will have Japanese order for DK screens......each mode I think is going to have a different High Score.....

There are improved sounds and control, in the game.

This game will use the 'old' menu that Intelligentvision used.......

There will be a code to enter for putting it into 30 frames per second for some strange HD TVs....

Upper buttons only for 'jump'.....8 will pause the game....

I am not sure if Carl will be including the 'Help' sound in this version.....it will have the arcade sounds for sure....

If I think of more, I will post.....

This is DK Arcade.....not D2K....

Oh ok, this is an improved version of the original Donkey Kong and not the fan release from early last year (that I missed because I was deploying to Kuwait at the time). Gotcha.

Cool, but... bummer. :/

Edited by doctorclu

This is DK Arcade.....not D2K....

Oh ok, this is an improved version of the original Donkey Kong and not the fan release from early last year (that I missed because I was deploying to Kuwait at the time). Gotcha.

Cool, but... bummer. :/

Wait, by original, do you mean the original Coleco release from the 80's?

This game for 35.00 is the Donkey Kong Arcade homebrew by Intelligentvision but just a little more improved/refined you could say...does that clear things up?

The Donkey Kong game by Intelligentvision has sold out as far as i know, and this 35.00 cart is the cheapest way to get a copy now or pay higher prices on ebay (last one sold for 85.00)

I hope i cleared thing up and not further confused anyone! :-D

Edited by revolutionika

Just to be clear.....this game is DK Arcade......it was never meant to be modified to say 'Donkey Kong' as it was last year.....

This is a cart only version of DK Arcade.....sold as 'Donkey Kong' by Intelligentvision last summer....this version has improvements....there is no sequel in this version...it is not D2K......to restate....

This release is for people who;

1. Are not interested in the sequel

2. Want a cheaper alternative to a full blown D2K release

3. Missed out on the first run (of which we had nothing to do with)

4. Want an improved version of DK Arcade

5. Collect every game, no matter how small the variation and need to go to hoarders annonymous classes. a.k.a. me and Cmart.

Ditto !!

I was told MANY times by my ex-wife that I needed a 12 step program for my video game habit... Maybe that was the ONLY thing she was right about :?

Nah... :thumbsdown: No way !

• Like 1

5. Collect every game, no matter how small the variation and need to go to hoarders annonymous classes. a.k.a. me and Cmart.

Ditto !!

I was told MANY times by my ex-wife that I needed a 12 step program for my video game habit... Maybe that was the ONLY thing she was right about :?

Nah... :thumbsdown: No way !

hey, there are worse habits to be addicted too!

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on D1K Arcade's re-release. As mentioned in another thread, this version will ship with an instruction sheet, and an overlay design will be posted soon on the website for download and printing any way you desire.

International Money Orders for $35 US funds, are being accepted NOW

Make them payable to

Classic Game Publishers, Inc.

720 Rennie Street

Hamilton, Ontario

L8H 3R2

Canada

Personal checks (cheques) are being accepted but we will hold them for 15 business days in order for them to clear before shipping the product.

Canadian customers may send Canadian dollars.

The version of D1K Arcade we are selling separately, is the same one that is in the D2K cart. The only advantage to D1K is the Japanese mode of DK Arcade.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. I'll hold out for D2K--I can't wait! :)

-dZ.

Intelligentvision is willing to buy back your Donkey Kong Arcade cart. Keep the box, manual, and overlays for the upgrade being sold. They do not want you to fell stiffed with your original purchase. Contact them for more information.

http://www.intellivision.us/

No need for them to do that, both releases are excellent, and I'm sure all are happy with their original purchase, which was the first new release for the INTV in what, four or five years? I'll be keeping my copies, and will also be buying the new ones.

Intelligentvision is willing to buy back your Donkey Kong Arcade cart. Keep the box, manual, and overlays for the upgrade being sold. They do not want you to fell stiffed with your original purchase. Contact them for more information.

No need for them to do that, both releases are excellent, and I'm sure all are happy with their original purchase, which was the first new release for the INTV in what, four or five years? I'll be keeping my copies, and will also be buying the new ones.

Yeah, I feel the same way. But the offer was a nice gesture nonetheless.

Cmart, this is just adding even more Donkey Kong variations to you already large variation collection, isnt it?!! LOL

Now all we need is a CBS D2K release. :D :D :D ........and also an Australian CBS Clamshell version. :rolling:

Is there anything we wont buy?

I heard that the Donkey Kong Arcade released by Intelligentvision was obsolete. Also, some people may not have the funds to upgrade to the game that should have been released the first time. Not everyone is a hard core collector like revolutionika and cmart.

One thing I do not understand is why is this version called DK Arcade and not Donkey Kong Arcade? Are the characters different than the Nintendo arcade release? Cmart, you may be right. Perhaps people may want to keep the Donkey Kong Arcade release if DK Arcade is trying to avoid issues with Nintendo and is not like the original game.

I'm with cmart, rev and probably most others, I have purchased all of the others, and I will continue to do so.

I hope doesn't cause them to stop releasing titles ... :( I've been collecting (or re-collecting :? ) since 2002/2003-ish and hope to ride the wave of the new releases - as long as my wallet will allow of course ! ;)

Heck, I've actually been playing DK quite a bit more in the past few weeks in anticipation of DK2 arriving ! :D