IGNORED

ADAM Game Disk Labels & Disk Sleeves (Interest Check)

pboland

I'm trying to gauge the interest in 5-1/4" game disk labels and reproduction disk sleeves for the ADAM computer. It took me some time to find a suitable label stock that would stay on the disk. For some odd reason the label stock that I use for cartridges did not stay on the textured surface of a 5-1/4" diskettes. I'm also trying to gauge which ADAM disk sleeve that you guys would prefer. I'm looking at $1.50 per label and $1.50 per disk sleeve (plus shipping). Here are the current label titles I have:

post-9874-0-21871000-1332870421_thumb.jpg

Here are the two disk sleeves. The first sleeve is done in the style of ADAM and is not a reproduction. The second sleeve is a stylized reproduction (I say stylized because it is not a 100% image perfect reproduction, but its pretty close). These new disk sleeves are made of 110 lb card stock. This is the thickest card stock I can push thru my printer.

post-9874-0-96253400-1332870632_thumb.jpg

post-9874-0-25302800-1332870643_thumb.jpg

This is what your diskettes would look like with these labels and sleeves. (REMEMBER I'M NOT SELLING THE DISKETTES THEMSELVES. Just the labels and sleeves.)

post-9874-0-03296100-1332870739_thumb.jpg post-9874-0-67112000-1332870750_thumb.jpg post-9874-0-97515000-1332870761_thumb.jpg

Let me know what you guys think and if there is enough interest, I will open this up for purchase.

• Like 3

NIAD has tried to convert me but I still don't collect ADAM stuff so no interest here :)

NIAD successfully converted me to ADAM ....... and I must admit that I do really like the ADAM now .....games only though ;)

Now, if I can find a great priced ADAM (not Exp#3) ........

Shipping always kill the deal :x.... damn it!

As you know Phil, you can count me in for two complete sets of these labels and I'm still trying to decide how many of your disk sleeves of each variant that I will eventually need... I'll get back to you later tonight. BTW, thank you so very much for spending the necessary investment of time and money to bring this little project of our's to fruition.

For everyone's information, Zaxxon - The Super Game, Dragon's Lair and The ADAM Home Software Library were the only ADAM entertainment software titles that Coleco released using this style of disk label with "Coleco Electronics" at the top (there were a number of ADAM application software titles that were released on disk, but those used a wider label with the ADAM logo at the top left and the familiar rainbow bar of colors running from left to right). So, for the first time ever, there are professional quality disk labels available for purchase for all the other titles and depending on how well accepted this project becomes could determine if labels are made for other ADAM software titles that haven't been addressed yet.

Thank you once again, Phil, for all your hard work... I hope it is well rewarded. Thanks also to Retroillucid, whom I originally was working with on this project but had to bow out due to so many other projects that needed his attention.

BTW, Tempest, it took a while, but it finally got done!

I am also interested.

Are you planning on making labels for the other Adam games like Temple of Apshai.

I was looking closely at the labels and noticed copyright "Coleco (Canada) Limitee" for Grog's Revenge but not for Dam Busters. Dam Busters was also only released by Coleco Canada so it should be "Coleco (Canada) Limitee" too.

As you know Phil, you can count me in for two complete sets of these labels and I'm still trying to decide how many of your disk sleeves of each variant that I will eventually need... I'll get back to you later tonight. BTW, thank you so very much for spending the necessary investment of time and money to bring this little project of our's to fruition.

For everyone's information, Zaxxon - The Super Game, Dragon's Lair and The ADAM Home Software Library were the only ADAM entertainment software titles that Coleco released using this style of disk label with "Coleco Electronics" at the top (there were a number of ADAM application software titles that were released on disk, but those used a wider label with the ADAM logo at the top left and the familiar rainbow bar of colors running from left to right). So, for the first time ever, there are professional quality disk labels available for purchase for all the other titles and depending on how well accepted this project becomes could determine if labels are made for other ADAM software titles that haven't been addressed yet.

Thank you once again, Phil, for all your hard work... I hope it is well rewarded. Thanks also to Retroillucid, whom I originally was working with on this project but had to bow out due to so many other projects that needed his attention.

This was the brain child of NIAD (Jim). I can honestly say that I knew nothing about ADAM 5-1/4" disk drives or disk software. Heck I didn't even know the ADAM had a disk drive until this project. Thank you NIAD. You have expanded my knowledge of the ADAM system. I'm now starting to set aside a little money here and there to try and get a working ADAM computer. I would love to try my hand at modifying audio tapes to make blank data tapes. The high speed tape drive was the one feature I always liked from the ADAM because of how unique it was.

If these labels have good interest, I will most likely pursue the remaining labels that NIAD has asked me about. I will update DAM Busters with the proper credits.

In all honesty, for those that really like this project you should thank Jim (NIAD) for being so persistent over the years in wanting to see these labels happen.

Edited by pboland

I would be interested in some of these if I can find some working disks. I've got tons of them, but they are all old and probably have close to a 90-95% failure rate (i.e. - won't even format).

I WILL NOT send you the A.E. cartridge CiB unless you order some of these!!! :twisted:

As I said...cough, cough...

I would be interested in some of these if I can find some working disks. I've got tons of them, but they are all old and probably have close to a 90-95% failure rate (i.e. - won't even format).

I WILL NOT send you the A.E. cartridge CiB unless you order some of these!!! :twisted:

Well it was only a year. That's actually a fairly fast turnaround in a hobby like this. :)

We should also thank Doubledown (who sadly is out of the hobby now) since he made the original repro labels that I showed off to you at the show last year.

It looks as if there is enough interest to open this up for ordering. Basically, each item is $1.50. Shipping is $5.00 (priority mail for lower 48 states, and first class mail to Canada). If you want to order PM me. Be sure to include the labels you want and how many, if ordering disk sleeves be sure to state which one you want (classic grey repro or white) and how many, and finally, include your Pay Pal email address. I will send you an invoice once your order is ready to be mailed out. Once I get payment, I will drop the order in the mail. As always, if you guys have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

After I fill these initial orders and with the help of NIAD I will start on the other labels that are not included with this first project.

Disk Label prep:

The best way I found to clean the label area of the disk is to wipe it down using "Denatured Alcohol" (DO NOT USE "ACETONE"). This is to insure good adhesion. You should be able to find denatured alcohol at your local hardware store. Normally it is in the painting supply area of the store. When you go to wipe down your disks, do not touch the internal disk itself and be in a well ventilated room (or outside) when using this stuff. It has a strong odor. It should only take about 10-20 seconds to dry. Once the disk label area is dry, place the disk in a disk sleeve (this is to help with alinement of the label). Remove the backing off the label being sure to not touch the back side of the label or the clean area of the disk with your fingers, and place the label on the disk. Be sure to press firmly over the entire label itself.

NIAD has tried to convert me but I still don't collect ADAM stuff so no interest here :)

NIAD successfully converted me to ADAM ....... and I must admit that I do really like the ADAM now .....games only though ;)

Now, if I can find a great priced ADAM (not Exp#3) ........ Shipping always kill the deal :x.... damn it!

Seeing as ADAMcon is only a few months away, you might want to contact Rich Clee (in Toronto) and see if he could bring you a tested Stand-Alone Memory Console... lord knows he has an ample supply of them piled up in his basement. You have the Keyboard and Printer/Power Supply already, so no point in picking those up unless of course you want the BIG, BAD, MOTHER OF A BOX to proudly display... although you might have to knock out a wall or two in your place.

Just an FYI: The first couple orders should be ready to drop in the mail early next week. Again, I'm now taking orders.

As stated above:

Each item (label or sleeve) is $1.50. Shipping is $5.00 (priority mail for lower 48 states, and first class mail to Canada). If you want to order PM me. Be sure to include the labels you want and how many, if ordering disk sleeves be sure to state which one you want (classic grey repro or white) and how many, and finally, include your Pay Pal email address. I will send you an invoice once your order is ready to be mailed out. Once I get payment, I will drop the order in the mail. As always, if you guys have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Some further history for all those that are not familiar with these ADAM software titles.

The following games were released commercially by Coleco on Data Pack and Disk, so to more easily identify a real disk/label from these new labels, some small changes were made and a "printed on" marker added:

:arrow: Zaxxon - The Super Game

:arrow: Dragon's Lair

The following games were ONLY released commercially by Coleco or Coleco of Canada on Data Pack... no official disk versions were ever made:

:arrow: Buck Rogers - Planet of Zoom (the pack-in game with the ADAM)

:arrow: Donkey Kong - The Super Game

:arrow: Donkey Kong Junior - The Super Game

:arrow: Dam Busters - The Super Game

:arrow: B.C.'s Quest for Tires II - Grog's Revenge

:arrow: Family Feud

:arrow: 2010: The Text Adventure - some claim a disk version was released, but there is no proof.

The following games were never released commercially by Coleco and they made them available for the ADAM community to share freely so there never was an official media (DDP or DISK) with a label produced:

:arrow: Front Line - The Super Game DEMO

:arrow: SubRoc - The Super Game

:arrow: Troll's Tale

:arrow: Jeopardy

The following games were actually the ColecoVision cartridge versions placed onto self-booting ADAM media and had their CV bios/title screens hacked:

:arrow: CPK: Adventures in the Park - this is the enhanced graphics prototype version

:arrow: Turbo

As far as the 6 remaining entertainment software titles that may have labels produced, here is the list:

:arrow: Donkey Kong Junior - The Super Game (5 screen unreleased version)

:arrow: The Best of Electronic Arts: Hard Hat Mack & Pinball Con. Set (unreleased)

:arrow: The Best of Broderbund: A.E. & ChopLifter (only released on Data Pack)

:arrow: The Best of B.C.: Quest for Tires & Grog's Revenge (only released on Data Pack)

:arrow: Temple of Apshai (unreleased game by Epyx, Inc.)

:arrow: ADAM Home Software Library (released by Coleco on data pack and disk)

• Like 1

No differences whatsoever, Tempest. It was very common for some ADAM owners to place cartridge rom files onto self-booting ADAM disks or data packs and change the title screen to make it look like they had an unreleased/prototype ADAM ONLY super game... then try to make some money off of it.

Edited by NIAD

Some further history for all those that are not familiar with these ADAM software titles.

The following games were released commercially by Coleco on Data Pack and Disk, so to more easily identify a real disk/label from these new labels, some small changes were made and a "printed on" marker added:

:arrow: Zaxxon - The Super Game

:arrow: Dragon's Lair

The following games were ONLY released commercially by Coleco or Coleco of Canada on Data Pack... no official disk versions were ever made:

:arrow: Buck Rogers - Planet of Zoom (the pack-in game with the ADAM)

:arrow: Donkey Kong - The Super Game

:arrow: Donkey Kong Junior - The Super Game

:arrow: Dam Busters - The Super Game

:arrow: B.C.'s Quest for Tires II - Grog's Revenge

:arrow: Family Feud

:arrow: 2010: The Text Adventure - some claim a disk version was released, but there is no proof.

The following games were never released commercially by Coleco and they made them available for the ADAM community to share freely so there never was an official media (DDP or DISK) with a label produced:

:arrow: Front Line - The Super Game DEMO

:arrow: SubRoc - The Super Game

:arrow: Troll's Tale

:arrow: Jeopardy

The following games were actually the ColecoVision cartridge versions placed onto self-booting ADAM media and had their CV bios/title screens hacked:

:arrow: CPK: Adventures in the Park - this is the enhanced graphics prototype version

:arrow: Turbo

As far as the 6 remaining entertainment software titles that may have labels produced, here is the list:

:arrow: Donkey Kong Junior - The Super Game (5 screen unreleased version)

:arrow: The Best of Electronic Arts: Hard Hat Mack & Pinball Con. Set (unreleased)

:arrow: The Best of Broderbund: A.E. & ChopLifter (only released on Data Pack)

:arrow: The Best of B.C.: Quest for Tires & Grog's Revenge (only released on Data Pack)

:arrow: Temple of Apshai (unreleased game by Epyx, Inc.)

:arrow: ADAM Home Software Library (released by Coleco on data pack and disk)

Good info. Thanks

The first orders are ready to go and invoice have been sent out.

If you haven't ordered yet, please keep in mind that I'm only taking orders for these labels and sleeve thru the end of this month. After that, you will have to ask really really nicely. ;)