IGNORED

25" Vertical Arcade Cabinet

the.golden.ax

Scored a 25" vertical cabinet over the weekend. It was an eBay purchase for $150. I'd had a $73 eBay bux certificate (for being a good customer LOL) and sold 32 of my N64/PSX decks out of the shed of doom Friday Night - Saturday Night, so I went for it. In my mind the Strikers III PCB was worth a good $100 so how could I go wrong? Had just repaired the head gasket on my vehicle with a 2-part iron/carbon thing I ordered online, and needed to test it out with a good drive. Car worked great, left at 11:22am, got lost a little, but had the cabinet by 12:55pm. The lady was super nice (redhead ;) ) and had the unit in her garage. The screen was blurry and I was a bit worried about that but for $150, didn't mind that much. Brought my 8 year old (one seat available in the car, when all the benches are out for cargo hauling) it was his turn. My air is out so I had the windows down, got myself a good sunburn actually, kind of surprised of that. Anyways, got it home, didn't hurt it. The unit is built by Angel MFG in 2000. There is no back access at all.

Here is the pic of eBay:

$%28KGrHqF,%21n0E9csYvEuyBPdOhr7FrQ%7E%7E60_57.JPG

The screen just needed flyback adjustments. I got it working perfectly, slid the board back down and the thing went out. Called the youngin's (my little one 6, was going first because he didn't get to go on the trip) Ran for less than a minute and the PCB fried out. Tried the board in another machine, and no dice. Tried other horizontal games in the vertical cab and they weren't working until I adjusted the voltage pot on the power supply. I think the Strikers got fried by too much voltage. Everyone was really bummed out, so I quick-goat-thinking put a sale thread up on the marketplace for "boxes of NOT crap" (now sold out) to raise the funds for a new PCB to put in the cabinet. (I also need a new multi-meter, as my cheapo-hong-kong eBay meter is now dead and could have prevented this). My worst obsessing was the waste of a good $100 board (now trying to sell it for parts on ePay). Anyways, we settled on moving forward with a multi-jamma board.

We got this 465 - in - 1 ordered up this morning, thanks to the help of several AAers.

RA-465-IN-1-MGBlg.jpg

You can read the list of titles over here https://www.hollandc...38&idcategory=0

It has Strikers 1945 II on there amongst others, so it makes up for the loss of the other board and then some (allot some!)

The kids are super excited. We are going to to design a marquee, and get some decals to put on the machine as well based on favorites. We will keep the updates on this machine posted here in this thread for anyone interested.

AX

• Like 1

Board came in today. Went together swimmingly. Plays Ms.Pac-Man just as well as does Strikers 1945 II, with little if any hint at all of being emulation. The kids had a blast playing it. The only issue was shoddy sound. I think this is because the Jamma board, and the P4 boards are both amped, and when combined and output to the cabinet they are just super amped. Some games are okay because they are quieter, others are too loud and cause over drive distortion. Solution will be installing a Boston Acoustics woofer and speaker set I had set aside for the past 2 years waiting for the right project to come along. Tapping in to the audio before the jamma board on the P4 side sounds wicked fantastic that way. Right now I just have the speakers set on the top of the cabinet. The boys played Dimahoo first, and the girls took a whirl at Avengers. Both ran fantastic. Too late today to play any more, but they are all very excited to play more classic stuff tomorrow.