IGNORED

Tube Second Edition

DrTypo

Hello,

here is Tube Second Edition. It's basically the same game as Tube but with much improved graphics by Marcus Losbjer.

Marcus also wrote a few nice songs for the game.

There are 9 new tracks. However they are locked. You must complete a few "challenge" tracks to unlock them all. Thanks to sh3-rg for this suggestion!

I would like to also thank JagChris for the beta-testing and LinkoVitch for helping me about an undocumented feature of U235-SE.

Have fun!

tube_se.zip

• Like 19

Okay, I have played through each open level, and I would have to say this game is coming around great!

I would consider adding a difficulty setting for those who suck at this game (me). Maybe easy, medium, and hard are all the same "difficulty" BUT you just raise the times to beat depending on difficulty. And only allow maybe 3 unlock-ables for easy, 6 for medium, and all 10 for hard???

Also, Marcus, would you be interested in helping Storm Works with some .mod tracks? Digging the tunes man!

Cool surprise as I thought you were not working on it anymore

Now the game has 2 times more levels: Thanks to both of you Dr Typo and Marcus Losbjer :thumbsup:

Some pics:

rZyY.jpg

GgWn.jpg7DgN.jpg

Some new things have been implemented like pressing # touch anytime to come back to the intro screen, level selection from that same intro screen.

Would it be possible to active a toggle key for the music and pause key?

Here is the cdi file to burn with Discjuggler: http://www.mirari.fr/dyRL]tube_se.cdi

Edited by Felyx
  • Like 2

Great to see it released, I'm very happy that DrTypo let me help him out on his project. The .mod music making is totally new to me. It's kind of fun to do but very time-consuming. When coming from a Logic/Cubase way of recording music it's very awkward to say the least. The graphic-stuff is alot easier though. :) @Jag_Slave: I can see what I can do, if it's for your puzzle-game I guess it's not the Techno music you want, right? :)

• Like 5

Great work! It looks and sounds much better now. But how to unlock the new tracks? ^^

You must beat a "challenge" track. The first one is BBQ, you must complete it under 1 minute 15 seconds. It will give you a code.

You can enter the code in the tilte screen, press up or down then enter the code using the num pad.

• Like 6

Hello,

here is 2 videos made by JagChris.

The first one shows the first 9 tracks. This was a beta version, in game music wasn't yet added:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAzddeTXkjs&feature=player_embedded

The second video from a later beta shows one of the locked track with in-game music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebUp_3vNhpc&feature=player_embedded

• Like 8

Here the DVD box cover and CD cover based on the art from Marcus Losbjer:

First version was made by me based on the art Marcus did few days ago.

On the second one is the Marcus front art version.

Thanks to him for the nice art he did :thumbsup:

vJFS.jpg

L6xr.jpgyCv3.jpgKDmm.jpg

Edited by Felyx
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I must say... WOW!

My kids love this game, but I suck at it so, NO, I don't like it! hehe!

I would like to suggest one thing that has been already said: the balance effects/music.

I tried with a rotary, and I have a weird behaviour. is that expected? I mean, may I use my rotary at all?

Can't we have a few shields to use when appropriate? Some tracks burn as hell!

Also, what is this mph thing??? Aren't we Metric? :-)

Keep up the GREAT job!

Edited by Paolo