IGNORED

KarinMaxiDrive - PCB

St(r)yker

Hi,

count me in for one piece. I will take more, if you plan to make a PBI (Atari XL) version (or both like the KMK-IDE v2).

Regards, Juergen

Rather than redesigning the board for use with a 600/800XL it would probably be simpler to make an adapter connecting to the cartridge + PBI ports for all the required signals.

I'd buy a bare PCB kit, but there is unfortunately a large printed name on the PCB that makes me a bit nervous. I would want a guarantee of shipping once I paid for this, not pre-ordering to finance it and then being last on a one year wait to receive it.

PCB:

venom4728a - 1

tf_hh - 1

Firedawg - 1

-------------------

WD1772:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1808427524061?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180842752406&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

or 5 pcs - free shipping

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1708049229301?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170804922930&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

--------------------

Z-28

http://www.maszczyk....ronicznych-z-28

BLACK

---------------------

PALCE16V8 (programmed) - 8 PLN

EPROM (programmed) - 10 PLN

----------------------------

PCBs can be assembled for an extra cost. PM - please.

Soon I will try to do the photo tutorial step by step how to assemble the PCB and I also add a list of parts.

Sorry for my English. Translated in http://translate.google.pl/;]

So my question remains. :? Are the boards made and ready for shipment or not? Or are you going to take orders here and at the party to fund development and not ship for several months. I'm not trying to be a pain, really I'm not. :-D

I ask because there has been an unfortunate number of incidents that have left some people waiting many months after they ordered and paid for something. Small delays are sometimes unavoidable, but many promised deadlines came and went and no shipment. It's made many of us gunshy.

Be upfront and specific with us please. :)

Thank you

If it's an unpopulated board on sale, then what's to do anyway? If it's a bulk order from a board house then just posting them out.

On the other hand, if you're buying a populated one then there's the extra labour.

I hate to have to say it, but Stephen is pretty spot on with the apprehension he expressed in his post.

i don't want to be anyone's lawyer, but one this should be said here in plain words

this project is out of zaxon's hands, so stories we had with side shouldn't happend

if anyone want to compare this to something else, it should be compared to sic!cart preorder thread and speed of assembly process

the same story goes for shipments

zaxon did initial board layout, from that time many changes were made to that board by stryker, and he is and will be responsible for production, assembly and shipment - not zaxon

his name is on board, because of this initial design of pcb (this project was commercial product many times ago sold in poland in 90', engineer behind is deceased Mariusz Geisler, and there was at least one more person involved in writting the firmware, but i wouldn't know the name)

stryker might not have much posts on his account, and not many sic!cart units were sold, but as for speed of that project delivery, and its completeness - one can say something about the man

but again, anyone should decide for oneself whether to trust or not stryker, what one shouldn't do is compare him to zaxon

• Like 3

I ordered a bunch of sic!carts and everything went very smooth and fast.

So, if you are really interested dont hesitate, stryker is for sure thrustworthy.

I second Fratzengerballer statement about stryker! I believe Zaxon is working on restoring some confidence to some degree (much improvement awaits), but simply because Zaxon's name is on the PCB, we should not assume that this project will be handled the same way. As Candle has already stated this is stryker's project not Zaxon's.

Mike