IGNORED

Atari 1200XL - $2750

MrFish

I wish the seller luck, but I don't think it'll sell for nearly that much. When I look at those pictures, what I'm seeing doesn't scream 'mint' - it screams 'scam'. And even if it was MIB, I doubt very many people would pay over $1000 for a 1200XL, let alone $2750.

Nice but overpriced by a factor of about 10-12x

What's the point really? I bet at the least the keyboard will need the major pulldown/service and all the ICs probably have oxidation and would need the quick pull/reseat.

If it really is new and untouched, it ought to have the protective celophane across the metal nameplate and F-keys. Getting that off might harder than redoing the keyboard if the glue has turned.

Last year my wife spent ~10 minutes on one 1200XL peeling that tape off, and about 5 hours on another (new) 1200XL.

You.got.your.Wife.to.spend.5.hours.working.on.your.Atari??

OMG - what's your secret?

Bob

What's the point really? I bet at the least the keyboard will need the major pulldown/service and all the ICs probably have oxidation and would need the quick pull/reseat.

If it really is new and untouched, it ought to have the protective celophane across the metal nameplate and F-keys. Getting that off might harder than redoing the keyboard if the glue has turned.

Last year my wife spent ~10 minutes on one 1200XL peeling that tape off, and about 5 hours on another (new) 1200XL.

• Like 2

I tried to do it myself. She saw me struggle and assumed I was incompetent (she is a wife after all) and took over. After that she couldn't admit defeat and loose face.

BTW the other 1200 was the one you upgraded.

You.got.your.Wife.to.spend.5.hours.working.on.your.Atari??

OMG - what's your secret?

Bob

How about this lovely 800 instead... for only $950 and change.... eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2906995395731?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290699539573&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

and oh very rare too.....

Holy cow, it's almost the original retail price. Some Ebay sellers think they're Christie's auction house selling the Crown Jewels of England.

"Vintage" refers to old grape juice in bottles.

"Rare" is how to order a steak.

"Mint" is flavor in candy.

None of the words above adequately describe a mass marketed computer that was once (for a short time) the most popular brand sold.

How about this lovely 800 instead... for only $950 and change.... eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2906995395731?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290699539573&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Oh THAT guy. zx-ninja always overprices his stuff. It's why, despite being on eBay for a few years now, and as a business seller, his feedback is relatively low.

Funny thing is that he prices them that high because he knows that eventually someone will bite. Just look at his feedback. Remember, it costs less than £5 to keep something on eBay for a year!

Or get an enhanced one from Atarimax?

http://atarimax.com/forsale/index.html

The 1200XL there looks nice

And he's a great guy too

I asked and found out these 1200XLs are made to order. It seems Steve has stockpiled 1200s making it harder for the rest of us to find one. ;-) It's definitely worth the price just for the time and labor to install the fixes and extra bells and whistles. I ordered one and will probably make that my primary development system.

That guy's name, address, email, and phone number are listed in the auciton. Is that normal in the UK?

He has the right to ask what he wants for his items, but I wouldn't expect any bids on those two for those prices. ;)

As far as his info, you can email him and ask, but as long as the sale takes place through eBay they probably don't care.

Seller information

Member id zx-9rninja

Business Seller Information

Premier Audio

Trevor Shaw

48,Brierley Hill Rd, Wordsley,

Stourbridge

West Midlands

DY8 5SJ

United Kingdom Phone: 01384|481781

Email: praudio@talktalk.net

Edited by Defender II