IGNORED

HSC9 Round 7: BEER TIME!

BEER TIME!

I thought we'd explore the world of Beer and Atari, turns out, like my drinking capacity, it's pretty limited! We have two main games and two bonus games, scoring to follow. Have fun! Yes you can join in if you're reading this!

Main Games

Tapper

[Let's handicap this a little, if you've won a HSC round this season or want more of a challenge play on ARCADE]

As the scoring rewards bad play we'll play for Highest level reached plus number of drinks opened without them blowing up in your face! Please play the Disk/Sega? version that has the four different bars.If you only have the cassette version then that's fine ;)

:arrow: atarimania instructions & ATR fandal XEX

(Beer Belly Burt in) Brew Biz

it's a 3 stage, 32 screen Frank Cohen Platformer! 1 bonus HSC point for each section completed

:arrow: atarimania instructions & ATR fandal XEX

Bonus Games

Beer Shot + (new ver!)

I had a quick go on this BASIC game but thought it was a bit too easy so I've tweaked it a bit - play the BEERPLUS.BAS version on the ATR (B on the menu). We'll play for level reached. [Emulator users need to enable BASIC - post if you need help]

:arrow: Beer Shot - Plus Version 2012.atr

Pondering About Max's

Right from the start this is a very strange game; there are 3 different games [The Dream, P.A.M & Bar-Room Brawl and an endtro] (boot disks A and B) play everything you can and perhaps we'll figure it out! 1 bonus HSC point for every level completed.

:arrow: atarimania ATRs atariarchives review there was also a review in Page 6 #56

I rejected River Raid 2K11 as apart from the nice Beer Graphic it's doesn't do River Raid justice...

Round closes Mon 14th May 2012

Edited by therealbountybob

Welcome back guys :thumbsup:

The first 5 or 6? levels in Tapper can be beaten within a few seconds once you master the correct pattern of drinks to serve ;) The game starts getting really tough when you get to the Space Bar :-o

I got to level 9 with two cans opened safely :)

I'm thinking of combining scoring places for Tapper and BBBBB to make regular HSC points, and having a few bonus points for the other games but we'll see how things go. I think there was a decent platform part to P.A.M.

Remember to play the more challenging Beer Shot+ "BEERPLUS" if you can manage it ;)

Edited by therealbountybob

The roadrunner opens up a can whup @ss :)

60,475 Round 10

Way to go :thumbsup: was that just 1 can of whup @ss ?

B.B.B.B.B. 780

If you think the Fat B£$%ard is hard to control just wait 'til you get him in the pool :grin:

Seriously Brew Biz is an underrated game (not played it much before) but it's the same engine as Olllies Follies and Ghostchaser. Lots of nice touches like the choice of starting areas, being able to duck, you can influence the movement of some lifts by moving down (and sometimes up)... if you put the time in this one should be beatable in the 2 weeks so there'll be 1 HSC point bonus for anyone finishing the game oOOOOH :)

post-19705-0-55152600-1335914970.jpg

post-19705-0-75880500-1335915011.jpg

I've had a crack at Pondering About Max's I was just about to give up (on "The Dream") when I managed to work out how to do the first screen!!! (score 6,240) :) If you complete a screen you can press Option to start on any you have unlocked - can use this for practice. If you're thinking how hard can a 5 and 7 screen platformer be then the answer is VERY!!! If you get any score at all you're doing well :grin:

Didn't beat 1st screen on "P.A.M." but got the Giant Root Beer to appear! have a few ideas... hmmm...

"Barroom Brawl" - wasn't doing it right but scored 1,225 by just fighting... must re-read the info as there's more to this (links on 1st post).

TAPPER I've tweaked the rules: If you've won a HSC round this season please play on ARCADE not BEGINNER (other top HSC players may consider this too - you get 3 not 5 men but otherwise seems the same?) I got to Level 8 with 1 drink opened safely :) [sorry McKong - I thought ARCADE just started on a higher screen like Expert did ]

post-19705-0-80925100-1335998847.jpg

post-19705-0-69085600-1335998855.jpg

post-19705-0-71525500-1335998869.jpg

post-19705-0-12442900-1335998878.jpg

post-19705-0-33603500-1335998886.jpg