IGNORED

SUPER COBRA HACK

gambler172

Hi Guys

Here is a long awaited hack for our 7800 system.With help by Bob Decrescenzo and Jeff Wierer,i was able to hack Super Cobra.

Unfortunately the TANKs do not shoot,but this is the best,we could do for the moment.

Thanks to Jeff for helping with titlescreen and helicopter.Thanks to Bob for ripping original Super Cobra Arcade graphics.

Enjoy

SuperCobrahack.a78

greetings Walter

PS:It might not work on real hardware;see Groovy`s REPLY.I did not check this.But it works on the emulator.Maybe Bob or Jeff can help???

Edited by gambler172
  • Like 2

I took the signed BIN from post number 5 and utilizing the 7800dev tools zip found on Dan Boris' 7800 page, I created the *.78 file.*

Super Cobra (Scramble Hack).a78

I set 2 byte cartridge type hexdecimal to 0000, and it works in MESS beautifully. However, I would prefer a confirmation that is the correct cartridge type for this hack, but could not find a list anywhere of possible options besides the "0000".

*Granted I'm using Win 7 64-bit and the tools would not run under there, so I utilized DOSBox to do the building work :grin:

Edited by Trebor

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys, you are invited to watch my Super Cobra gameplay videos which I made, to prove my experience.

My username on Youtube is 138720. It's my channel which belongs to Oyama Family.

COMING SOON - my 7800 Super Cobra Hack gameplay video, played on Default Setting (NORMAL).

2600 SUPER COBRA, DEFAULT MODES (MEDIUM) - PART 1 OF 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyuwtp1g_LQ

2600 SUPER COBRA, DEFAULT MODES (MEDIUM) - PART 2 OF 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48lYVJmfeKU

2600 SUPER COBRA, DEFAULT MODES (MEDIUM) - PART 3 OF 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWkI17LEp6c

Edited by oyamafamily

7800 Super Cobra Hack Gameplay Video, Default Mode (Normal Skill), played with Prosystem Emulator version 13e (Z and X keys, respectively Left and Right Fire Button of Controller 1, are working properly - Z for horizontal missiles and X for dropping bombs).

PART 1 OF 2

PART 2 OF 2

Edited by oyamafamily