can't use side because my computers don't have ide anymore

to format the card

even try in my friend's house and the card was not recognized by his bios

so all i have left is image mode

trying to copy 320+ 2D images with multiple games

-the ones that are online and come with lotharek's sio2sd-

i find myself out of "pages" around 200+ images

how big is image mode in my card?

how can i make even this collection fit?

the complete files collection on the sd is only 60+ mb

If you've used the CF card with Atari type partitions then it's likely corrupted any FAT structure that existed.

You can't just mix Atari partitions with image files which are generally stored in the FAT system unless it's mounted on one of the newer devices with the right firmware like SIDE that allows mixed partition types.

Best bet is to try and get the card initialized on a PC. The Local Disk Manager (right click My Computer / Manage) under XP might be able to get the card back to a default condition.

the card is this

http://www.transcend..._16GB_ v1.2.pdf

how can i know where image mode stars?

look on page 33 of that ...pdf for cyclinder head sector & then calculate with the formula for setting the image page and all the rest should be your's IF myide will even see it at all..

Lot's of problems in the past with this module..

w

the card is this

http://www.transcend..._16GB_ v1.2.pdf

look on page 33 of that ...pdf for cyclinder head sector & then calculate with the formula for setting the image page and all the rest should be your's IF myide will even see it at all..

do you mean lots of problems with trascend module or Atarimax cart?

This depends on what you did setup. Did you follow the manual of the MyIDE interface?

Do you use the latest/newest MyIDE interface or an older one? In case of an older one: does your MyIDE have the LS573 fix? If your MyIDE interface does not have an IC on it with the code "LS573" your MyIDE interface is not 100% compatible.

I'm also wondering: do you have a built in MyIDE EPROM in your Atari? Or are you using the Internal Version of Steven Tucker?

Did you update to the latest MYBIOS?

He meant with the Transcend module. They are very 'critical' on timing, and they have a very minimal mass (ground), which is not a good thing. Anyway, with the LS573 fix also these Transcends work fine, since the LS573 fix is the missing part of the MyIDE interface. With that fix installed, the MyIDE interface is extremely rock solid.

Please follow all instructions in the MyIDE manual.

I'd almost say: it can't go wrong...

One more thing, as long as you are checking for the LS573 on your MyIDE... please make sure that there is a wire going from a +5V point of the MyIDE cart to pin 20 of the IDE interface.

This depends on what you did setup. Did you follow the manual of the MyIDE interface?

Do you use the latest/newest MyIDE interface or an older one? In case of an older one: does your MyIDE have the LS573 fix? If your MyIDE interface does not have an IC on it with the code "LS573" your MyIDE interface is not 100% compatible.

I'm also wondering: do you have a built in MyIDE EPROM in your Atari? Or are you using the Internal Version of Steven Tucker?

Did you update to the latest MYBIOS?

He meant with the Transcend module. They are very 'critical' on timing, and they have a very minimal mass (ground), which is not a good thing. Anyway, with the LS573 fix also these Transcends work fine, since the LS573 fix is the missing part of the MyIDE interface. With that fix installed, the MyIDE interface is extremely rock solid.

Please follow all instructions in the MyIDE manual.

I'd almost say: it can't go wrong...

One more thing, as long as you are checking for the LS573 on your MyIDE... please make sure that there is a wire going from a +5V point of the MyIDE cart to pin 20 of the IDE interface.

even on a new sandisk 1gb card you can't get more than 256 images on image mode,

i think there's still a bug on the firmware

Here is some of the documentation for MyIde below. You can not use the first 256 cylinders on the device as image space. It also tells you how to calculate the number of images you can get on the device. It also tells you that it works in 8 bit mode so you lose lots of space. You are expecting what the device can not do.

Usage of IDE-space:

FDISK works with blocks of cylinders, not with sector (LBA) level. The minimum size of a partition (Image or Logical) being 1 cylinder. The numbers of cylinders used are always rounded up on the users-demand. Unused sectors at the end of a partition or image are ‘lost’ unless configured to be used with your DOS.

Our example: IDE-device with 16 heads, 32 sectors and images at 256:

This means 1 cylinder has 16*32 = 512 sectors.

An 1040 image-partition uses 3 cylinders (+496 unused sectors)

>3 x 512 = 1536 sectors, 1040 for the image and 496 unused.

An 720 sector logical partition uses 2 cylinders (+304 unused sectors)

>2 x 512 = 1024 sectors, 720 for the image and 304 unused.

An 65535 sector logical partition uses 128 cylinders (+1 unused sector).

>128 x 512 = 65536 sectors, 65535 for the partition and 1 unused.

Images must start at a 256 cylinder boundary due to MyIDE-standard. So IDE-devices with less then 256 cylinders have no image-space.

Lets assume you want to start image-space at cylinder 256, how many sectors do you have left for logical partitions?

In our example, you have 254 free cylinders x 16 x 32 = free sectors.

Calculates 130048 sectors. Enough for D1: with 720 and D2: with 65535 sectors. But to little for two 65535 sector partitions.

Limitations:

MyIDE is a 8bit signal interface to support today’s 16bit IDE-devices using only the lower 8 bit of the 16 bit word communication with the device. Therefore the usable capacity will be 50%. Also density support is based on the actual number of bytes used of a IDE-sector. IDE-sectors are 256 bytes and thus using only 128 bytes reduces the capacity by 50% again.

Current development has shown that CF-cards and IDE-modules can be switched to 8 bit mode. This makes is possible to use the whole capacity of the card/module. Unfortunately the sector-length increases to 512 bytes and thus does not improve the capacity for the current MyIDE-drivers.

One application that uses this 8 bit mode and thus the whole capacity of the CF-card or IDE-modules are the MyIDE-movies.