IGNORED

Altirra cheat code bug...

Mclaneinc

This is not my bug report, it was spotted by a user named Daniel on the blog, just posting it on here because Avery is often found on here and as he is busy I guessed a spread between blog and here was the best way to catch his eye.

Here's what Daniel had to report

Atirra's cheater has one bug. If I set cheat value to any value less than 256 or $100, it always write 8 bit only, no matter I select 8 bit or 16 bit mode.

I suggest more features should be added below:

Search box in cheat dialog box should support hexacimal values and multiple hexacimal values in addition to decimal values and should search by 8 bit, 16 bit, 32 bit, reverse 16 bit and reverse 32 bit.

I like to add reverse 16 bit, 32 bit and reverse 32 bit to cheat value, not just 8 bit and 16 bit.

Atirra Cheat Bug Report Update

16 bit cheat did not work properly, no matter what value I set. 16 bit cheat always use only least significant 8 bit. I did selected 16 bit mode in dialog box. I verified the bug with BASIC POKE and PEEK commands.

Example: If I set $600 (1536) to $101 (257), PEEK(1536) returned 1, this is correct but PEEK(1537) returned 0, this is not modified and incorrect.

Address $600 to $6FF are not used by Atari OS, DOS and BASIC.