IGNORED

SIO2SD Micro Order thread

santosp

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently got a new desktop PC system and monitor, but it didn't have a card reader. I'm waiting for one to arrive from eBay. The problem I was having before my laptop screen blew out is that the only ATR files which would load were games compilations supplied with an emulator, which all display the text that they're using a bootloader done by Mike LangerECT. This is a well known collection of games. I expect my new USB multi card reader will arrive today or tomorrow. This means I can copy some more ATR files onto it. After I do this, how do I get them to load? Of course, I'm keen to load some blank Atari DOS ATR files to save BASIC programs onto. My Select key doesn't work since my keyboard suddenly stopped working, then the best repair I could manage to do restored all the keys EXCEPT Select back to working order. I'm pretty sure that if I attempted another repair, various other keys would stop working again. Does it matter to the SIO2SD menu that the Select key isn't working? The prompt I get is [OPTION+] START or SELECT. Another thing I'd like to do is get some programs I wrote and saved onto cassette transferred onto my SD card, but I don't see how I can do that. I'd have to plug in the XC12 cassette data recorder to the SIO port, then load a program, unplug the XC12, then plug in the SIO2SD and get my 65XE to recognise it before I could save anything onto it. AFAIK, I have to reboot to get the SIO2SD menu, which would clear the program from RAM. Is there an adaptor which would allow me to have both devices attached at the same time?

Next week I will upload final pictures. Maybe have some devices ready. This sio2sd (and last of these) project need more work from the previous one, and I make it little bit at a time.

Also no "big production" for anyone, but just to meet the needs of the members who have interested untill now. I keep a personall "interest list" of 27 devices untill now. Yours included. :)

Above is a simple draft only. Final device based on this.

Edited by santosp

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all! :)

As I promised before 2 months, I prepared some more devices from sio2sd micro project, but with some personal touches. ;) Why this? Because really I feel boredom to make again the same exact device, and so I said my self..... what the heck... lets try something different.

Ok the new device named "SIO2SD/PC Combo" because as the name says is 2 devices in one box. Can be used as a normal sio2sd device, or with the sd card extracted as a sio2pc with a standard mini USB cable.

The alterations from my previous device is a new plastic enclosure, the 5 buttons in a straight line, 2 activity flat-top leds (blue - orange), Ftdi FT232RL usb to serial ic, a new super mini blue lcd with white dot matrix characters etc..

Except from the members who have interested until now, I have parts for a few more devices. Also I make a list based on time who everyone express its interest.

The price this time is slightly higher, mainly because of the extra parts.

Price for one device with Paypal fee included is 60 euro, and it can be posted for plus 6 euro as "signed for" with "track number" in all the world.

Hope you like it, and wish everyone a Merry Christmas. :party: :thumbsup:

IMG 7920 1600

IMG 7921 1600

IMG 7925 1600

IMG 7887 1600

IMG 7890 1600

IMG 7900 1600

IMG 7908 1600

IMG 7907 1600

IMG 7906 1600

IMG 7903 1600

IMG 7902 1600

IMG 7932 1600

IMG 7928 1600

Edited by santosp
  • Like 1

Great stuff, that's gonna be a great Christmas present for myself :grin:

Would be fantastic if I could have it in my hands for Christmas.

One thing: An Atari collector friend of mine would like to have one too, so please put me in for two instead of one (I am already on your list).

Many thanks! :thumbsup:

Hello to all! :)

As I promised before 2 months, I prepared some more devices from sio2sd micro project, but with some personal touches. ;) Why this? Because really I feel boredom to make again the same exact device, and so I said my self..... what the heck... lets try something different.

Ok the new device named "SIO2SD/PC Combo" because as the name says is 2 devices in one box. Can be used as a normal sio2sd device, or with the sd card extracted as a sio2pc with a standard mini USB cable.

The alterations from my previous device is a new plastic enclosure, the 5 buttons in a straight line, 2 activity flat-top leds (blue - orange), Ftdi FT232RL usb to serial ic, a new super mini blue lcd with white dot matrix characters etc..

Except from the members who have interested until now, I have parts for a few more devices. Also I make a list based on time who everyone express its interest.

The price this time is slightly higher, mainly because of the extra parts.

Price for one device with Paypal fee included is 60 euro, and it can be posted for plus 6 euro as "signed for" with "track number" in all the world.

Hope you like it, and wish everyone a Merry Christmas. :party: :thumbsup:

Why would the SD card need to be removed in order to use SIO2PC mode, both devices just emulate floppy drives/SIO devices. As long as both aren't configured to respond to the same device ID there shouldn't be any conflict, I haven't used my SIO2PC and Sdrive Nuxx together but I have used both with real floppy drives without any issues as long as I avoided duplicate IDs.