IGNORED

Incognito Install

Stephen

Looks good! I like how you routed the ribbon cable and wires and left the plastic intact.

Robert

That was the plan - so far everything fits without being pinched. I hope to finish and test tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

When I initially tried this, I only got a green screen. The machine runs fine when put back to original configuration. I double checked all my wiring and cable continuity. I was told that maybe the Xilinx needed reprogrammed. I got my cable ends in today, so wired up a cable for my 100RandomTasks programmer. Dumped the contents, and reprogrammed it with the May 11 firmware update.

Still booting to a green screen :(

• 2 weeks later...

OK - I got the Incognito working this evening :) There was a bad solder joint on U12. Fixed that, and everything appears to be working OK. Here's a few pics showing it working.

1024kB RAM :)

post-650-0-01175600-1340597754_thumb.jpg

Ice-T XE on an 800?

post-650-0-04029400-1340597760_thumb.jpg

Testing speed of SIDE (bottom is with screen DMA off)

post-650-0-78053000-1340597765_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I was looking into the 800 to prep for the incognito board and had 2 questions.

Pic 9 you show a jumper on bottom of board, iam unable to be 100% sure , do you have more info ?

Also Yellow and orange wires from the 6 pin connector , are they not connected ?

Looking foward to board.

@Stephen

Is there any more use for the remaining card slots on the 800? I don't own a 800 but IIRC those are used for RAM cards and CPU etc.., right?

As Bill said - the 80 column cards. I would love to have them, but they are quite rare. With the Incognito installed, I can't think of a reason to use the other slots.

• 4 months later...

Simple question: is it yet possible to upgrade the Incognito to the latest ROM (with in-built XEX/ATR loader) via an ATR flasher (i.e. without a PLCC programmer)?

I don't want to seem disingenuous, but I've been out of the Incognito party for a while since I burned my board out. I have someone here with no XEX loader in his machine and in need of a way to put it there.

Sorry to hear you lost your incognito, it was just a couple weeks ago you finished the power board led/switch.

When candle had the update flash for cartridge it was an XEX. And rdea6 had his reprogramed with PLCC programer.

If you had the complete rom as an ATR it might be able too. But on that note I would wait to hear from candle.

Iam 100% using my 800 now, and would not be happy to lose incognito ....

Main thing I was going to ask, How did you short your board ? ?

Edited by bandit

Simple question: is it yet possible to upgrade the Incognito to the latest ROM (with in-built XEX/ATR loader) via an ATR flasher (i.e. without a PLCC programmer)?

I don't want to seem disingenuous, but I've been out of the Incognito party for a while since I burned my board out. I have someone here with no XEX loader in his machine and in need of a way to put it there.

Nothing by me yet, I'm still sorting through the souces I have from Sebastian and the Sic! flasher (again!)...

Main thing I was going to ask, How did you short your board ? ?

Unlucky experimental wiring about a month ago: must have put some volts throught the button terminal when wiring up the switch. That's what you get for being on the bleeding edge... ;)

Nothing by me yet, I'm still sorting through the souces I have from Sebastian and the Sic! flasher (again!)...

Right: I got some clarification and the issue is ATRs booting but the machine resetting when the game's loaded. Not sure whether it's a usage issue or a bug yet: hopefully a ROM update won't prove necessary.

Thanks in advance Jay! :)