IGNORED

Wow anyone got a SNES flash card? Check this out!

There are no flash carts which would support this right now. The article is wrong in saying the SD2SNES will run this ROM. While the SD2SNES has MSU1 support, the cart can only support ROMs up to 128Mb.

I'll have to take a peak at the software for the cart again, but I don't think there's an easy way to get around this limitation. If there is, I'll try to put together an update for the cart to try it out this weekend.

Edit:

I can't explain the video at the moment, as there should be an error generated when loading the ROM. Unless someone has released a patch to load larger ROMs and I haven't come across it yet. I put it on my SD2SNES and it didn't like it at all :)

There are no flash carts which would support this right now. The article is wrong in saying the SD2SNES will run this ROM. While the SD2SNES has MSU1 support, the cart can only support ROMs up to 128Mb.

I'll have to take a peak at the software for the cart again, but I don't think there's an easy way to get around this limitation. If there is, I'll try to put together an update for the cart to try it out this weekend.

Edit:

I can't explain the video at the moment, as there should be an error generated when loading the ROM. Unless someone has released a patch to load larger ROMs and I haven't come across it yet. I put it on my SD2SNES and it didn't like it at all :)

Road Blaster on the SD2SNES:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXpiFNLNsdE

Road Blaster on the SD2SNES:

Those have to be about the most poorly designed roadways I've ever seen.

Guardrails are for wimps.

To me it seems like the sega cd version of the game would be much more accessible and complete.

Edited by Reaperman

@StoneAgeGamer - Ya, I saw the videos. I sent the developer of this ROM a msg to see what update he's running on the SD2SNES to support the large ROM. I'm pulled the latest code from the repo and it looks like there might have been an update which would allow this ROM to run. As far as I can tell though, it's not in the last official release (0.1.3).

I'm guessing no one makes SNES carts similar to how MrMark and BeaglePuss make Sega Genesis carts do they? If a reproduction could be made with storage big enough for Road Blaster to run off, I wouldn't mind buying it for my SNES.

Then again I already have it on iOS so if it would prove to be expensive I'm not that motivated.

I liked it too. I guess I'm weird for thinking the road warrior's cooler than dirk the daring?

I liked it, I just wish there was a bit more variety. There's only so much you can do in a car.

I wonder if they'll do Ninja Hayate or Time Gal next?

Turns out I was mistaken about the SD2SNES. Support for larger ROMs was added in the latest firmware, but the site wasn't updated to reflect the change. This ROM doesn't run on my cart because I have custom code on it which is based off an older code branch.

Hi there!

This is d4s, the guy who coded this game.

You know you've created something special when people deny it despite immediate evidence. ;)

Joking aside, the sd2snes does indeed support this game, and not just since the latest firmware release, if I might add.

It does not load the full game into memory at once, however, so the size of the sd2snes' RAM chip isn't relevant here.

Instead, the video & audio content is streamed from the sd-card.

If you have trouble running this game on your sd2snes, be sure to:

-unpack all the contents of game archive file(zip or 7zip depending on where you got it from) to your sd-card.

-make sure all the *.pcm files, the *.msu and the *.sfc file are present and located in the same folder.

-to play the game, open the file SuperRoadBlaster.sfc (just like in the video).

-If your sd-card is too slow, the game might not work, but will tell you so with an error message.

-the manual also has a little troubleshooting section

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

• Like 2

Hi there!

This is d4s, the guy who coded this game.

You know you've created something special when people deny it despite immediate evidence. ;)

Joking aside, the sd2snes does indeed support this game, and not just since the latest firmware release, if I might add.

It does not load the full game into memory at once, however, so the size of the sd2snes' RAM chip isn't relevant here.

Instead, the video & audio content is streamed from the sd-card.

If you have trouble running this game on your sd2snes, be sure to:

-unpack all the contents of game archive file(zip or 7zip depending on where you got it from) to your sd-card.

-make sure all the *.pcm files, the *.msu and the *.sfc file are present and located in the same folder.

-to play the game, open the file SuperRoadBlaster.sfc (just like in the video).

-If your sd-card is too slow, the game might not work, but will tell you so with an error message.

-the manual also has a little troubleshooting section

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

Any plans for other Laserdisc games like Ninja Hayate, Time Gal, Triad Stone, Super Don Quixote, etc.?