IGNORED

So what have you played (and liked) on your 3DS besides the big titles...

Hello

So, what have you guys played on your 3DS and actually liked besides mario land and mario kart/etc...

Sure, we all know the mario and zelda stuff would be top notch but I'm a little bummed at the lack of sleeper hits and third party gems. Anything I'm missing that is a must have? Besides the nintendo stuff, here is what I have tried...

Jaws 3D - Meh, wasn't terrible but only held my interest for a weekend or so. The controls were flakey at times and way too much of the ol "JAWS is tired, eat xx amount of fish before you continue" or "you can't leave this area yet" kind of stuff. The music was DEAD ON though which was cool while sneaking up on innocent swimmers to eat them, or smashing boats to bits, but that only lasts so long before boredom sets in. I'm currently selling it if that awesome discription makes you want to buy it, lol

Pac Man Galaga dimensions - Okay, this wasn't bad but it just feels like a bunch of demo games to me. I had fun with it but wasn't really "WoWeD!!" or anything. Was kind of hoping for something a little deeper but overall it was "okay" I guess

Tetris Axis - I think I'm just sick of Tetris. I sold this one almost immediately...did I give up too soon or is it the turd it felt like?

Williams Pinball Hall of Fame - This felt like the same Pinball collection on every other system. The 3D actually hurt my eyes on this one, lol

I haven't really seen any third party or possible "sleeper hits" that look any good....am I missing anything?

Besides the following (Kid Icarus, Mario land, Mario Kart, StarFox, Zelda) Is there any reason to own this thing?

Any sweet Atlus RPG's or must have shooters? Any classic comps or SNK madness in the works?

Throw me a bone 3DS owners....if not for Icarus this would probably be burried in an inch of dust right now :)

Thanks guys :)

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia.

..Oh, wait, that's a DS game. :P

Sorry, no sleeper hits. The 3DS is a bit of a dud in that regard right now, unfortunately. Thought about selling mine, but I think I am going to hold out for the next Castlevania game. If that disappoints, I will probably sell my system while the prices are still high.

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia.

..Oh, wait, that's a DS game. :P

lol

Was at Target a few weeks back and a kid was hitting his Mom up for a 3DS. She asked what games he wanted for it....he didn't respond for a moment and followed with "I think I just want a regular DS" it's a bad sign if kids prefer the last gen system. Oh well, I'm going down with the ship :)

• Like 3

Aside from the ones you mentioned (e.g. Starfox, Mario, etc.) Pilotwings is also pretty good. I guess also check out the ones in Nintendo's shop. PUSHMO is I think, a very good game and well worth the purchase. I also dig some of the 3D rendered classics they've got available.

But yes, aside from those titles I 100% prefer to play on my DSi XL..as the DS library is huge and robust. Yes, they're all playable on the 3DS but that tiny screen just kills it for me.

I don't have a 3DS yet (waiting to see if any new version is coming at E3) but titles I will be getting for it, other than the ones mentioned above are: Street Fighter IV, Ridge Racer, and Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword (and maybe Ace Combat or whatever that other Top Gun-style game was called)

Oh and I have heard good things about Ghost Recon Shadow Wars, not sure if I'll get it but that's one worth maybe investigating.

Also Resident Evil Revelations got good reviews.

Edited by ComputerSpaceFan

To be honest, other than Zelda, Star Fox, & Mario, the only game I've enjoyed and finished on the 3DS was Shadow War's. Speaking for myself, the price drop and Nintendo releases still haven't made the 3DS a good acquisition for me.

Mendon

Aside from the ones you mentioned (e.g. Starfox, Mario, etc.) Pilotwings is also pretty good. I guess also check out the ones in Nintendo's shop. PUSHMO is I think, a very good game and well worth the purchase. I also dig some of the 3D rendered classics they've got available.

But yes, aside from those titles I 100% prefer to play on my DSi XL..as the DS library is huge and robust. Yes, they're all playable on the 3DS but that tiny screen just kills it for me.

I have been saving Pilotwings for a rainy day but I feel like I'll get bored with it pretty quick so I've been putting it off. Kind of the same feeling with Steel Diver. Is there enough to do in it to stay busy a little while, I hear people say it's like a demo game almost..

I've yet to download anything but might have to get the classic Icarus 3D installment since I have that on the brain now due to the new one having a lot of refferences to the classic...which I haven't played in....geez 25 years, really, that long!!?? Ugh, I better get cracking on that retirement plan, lol

I don't have a 3DS yet (waiting to see if any new version is coming at E3) but titles I will be getting for it, other than the ones mentioned above are: Street Fighter IV, Ridge Racer, and Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword (and maybe Ace Combat or whatever that other Top Gun-style game was called)

Oh and I have heard good things about Ghost Recon Shadow Wars, not sure if I'll get it but that's one worth maybe investigating.

Also Resident Evil Revelations got good reviews.

Street Fighter! Thats one I totally forgot about, yeah, probably going to pick that up. Has anyone played the Tekken VS game? Any good?

Sakura Samurai? Never heard of it, going to investigate that one :)

To be honest, other than Zelda, Star Fox, & Mario, the only game I've enjoyed and finished on the 3DS was Shadow War's. Speaking for myself, the price drop and Nintendo releases still haven't made the 3DS a good acquisition for me.

Mendon

I've never got into any of the Clancy games but maybe I'll give the 3DS one a try since my options are pretty limited :)

That dinosaur game was pretty awesome.

I forget the name.

"Dinosaur FIghty Game 3D!"

Oh, I believe it is simply called "Dinasaurs 3D" if it's the one I am thinking off. I see it all the time but never even bothered to look closer, just assumed it was a kids game/shovelware/etc.. I'll have to check it out, if you play as a dinosaur that gets to smash things that would be fun!

Shadow War's is turn based combat, much like Fire Emblem or Tactic's Ogre - FF Tactic's. You have a team and each has a different weapon type and move length and once you direct your team to spots on the map, combat takes place. Then the opponent moves his team and more combat. Terrain, cover, and strategy are important, especially since some weapons are better against particular enemies.

I had a blast with the game. 3D won't blow you away but it add's a nice graphical touch. Game can be bought now for $15 to $20.

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

Shadow War's is turn based combat, much like Fire Emblem or Tactic's Ogre - FF Tactic's. You have a team and each has a different weapon type and move length and once you direct your team to spots on the map, combat takes place. Then the opponent moves his team and more combat. Terrain, cover, and strategy are important, especially since some weapons are better against particular enemies.

I had a blast with the game. 3D won't blow you away but it add's a nice graphical touch. Game can be bought now for $15 to $20.

Mendon

NICE!!

I had NO idea, I love all those advance wars style strategy games. They are GREAT for portable play also since I can set them down to fix my machines/etc at work with out totally breaking the action. It's like chess but actually fun to play by yourself :) Strategy games just keep you sharp overall too..Sweet, I am totally picking that up next, thanks for the heads up :)

I haven't actually played this, but I'm thinking about getting Pushmo soon. An action-puzzler is right up my alley, and it even has a level editor! Other downloadable titles like Mutant Mudds and Mighty Switch Force are apparently good too.

I've yet to download anything but might have to get the classic Icarus 3D installment since I have that on the brain now due to the new one having a lot of refferences to the classic...which I haven't played in....geez 25 years, really, that long!!?? Ugh, I better get cracking on that retirement plan, lol

I haven't tried the NES 3D classics, but I download Xevious (3D Classics) and it's pretty sweet. To my surprise it was actually the arcade version. It has some decent options and they added these clouds on the sides of the screen that emphasize the 3D effect it works pretty well.

Also, make sure you are registering stuff and racking up those coins on Club Nintendo. Each month they pick a variety of downloadable titles and discount them. I was able to snag Xevious a few months back for 100 coins, which equates to registering two normal Nintendo titles (i.e., Mario, Zelda). It beats paying the $7 or $8 they want for the games normally!

What have I liked on the 3DS besides the top, well-known titles? Good question.

There are some decent downloadable games, but even those are iffy. Mutant Mudds is alright, but really basic. Not as good as Commander Keen, though the art & music are nice. I've been waiting for a price drop / sale on Shantae.

Mendon

+1 for Shadow Wars. It's nothing ground-breaking, but it's enjoyable.

Outside of first party stuff, I liked Shadow wars (TBS type of game, think advance wars or something) a few racers, Ridge Racer, and Combat of Giants, which is cool if you like dinosaurs (and uber simple fighting games) but I'd recommend renting that one. Buts a move was cool, but it's not really any different than it's predecessors....same for Monkey ball3d

I saw they had a Purple 3DS at walmart. I just about got that, just cause it looks cool. Mostly if a game is on both systems, I get the 3DS variant...but for the moment, outside of some really awesome first party games, there isn't that much on the 3DS....on the other hand, there isn't a shitload of ....well....shit like there is on Nintendo's other systems.

I found the Ace Combat title to be fairly decent. It's not as fleshed-out as its console kin, but for a handheld version of the game it's quite nice and sports from very nice visuals. Also, Ridge Racer is decent for the system, but it's like a bucketful other iterations of that series.

I'll also second a mention of Ghost Recon: SW. Good if you like tactical combat type games.